We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Christmas Crafting Ideas by Flyingpig - Its Good To Share.

Options

Comments

• Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They came in a huge cardboard box my oh nearly had a fit carrying it upstairs . His eyes popped when i said it was t bags. :rotfl:
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    These were the Coffee and Mint cards I made last year. Instead of Elizabeth Shaw mints I used Twilights, the ones that look like the Cadbury Minatures.

IMG_3481-1.jpg
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    I have the instructions as a .pdf but not sure where they came from originally. It's very each - cut A4 card length ways, score half way then 7.7cm from each end. Fold in half then fold the ends the other way. Stick the middle bit together to get the pocket then punch in the inside. If that doesn't make sense I could try and put up some photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the instructions, they seem simple enough to make, so will have a go later on in the week.

Thanks again.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Butterscotch-
    Options
    For machines I'd definitely recommend a Cricut as there is such a huge range of cartridges and software to go with it. Definitely not compact though! There is the MM Slice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43r8s1ATI0g
  • tranmererovers
    Options
    For machines I'd definitely recommend a Cricut as there is such a huge range of cartridges and software to go with it. Definitely not compact though! There is the MM Slice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43r8s1ATI0g

That's really cute!
    It's easier to get forgiveness than to ask permission ;)
  • Cotton_wool_katie
    Options
    Barnsley crafters - i did the craft fair at elsecar heritage but for me personally it was rubbish :o
    I have 2 gorgeous kids :D
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    what sort of prices would u be looking at for the machine and all the bits?
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Hi Rosie Ben,

Here are the instructions to make my post-it holders. They look great but I have to warn you it does take time to create all the different mats, before you stick it all together.

x

Thanks for that CT :A
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Butterscotch-
    Options
    Hollie84 wrote: »
    what sort of prices would u be looking at for the machine and all the bits?

To be honest I'm so out of touch I have no idea how much these things cost these days. I got my Cricut from America and it was over £300 with a couple of cartridges. I think the Slice is quite a bit less. If it's not something you'd use often then I'd say it's not worth getting.
  • craftfairies
    Options
    Die Cutting Machines

Can i stick my little nose in here, anyone who has had a nosey at my you know what will know i am a die cut addict!!
    And if you look at a recent review i have done, please do not buy the making memories slice!!!
    I have a bigshot express, cuttlebug, Big shot pro, cricut expression and craft robo
    it really depends what you would like to do any cut - i love my cricut best out of my electric machines but i also love to cut cans, and wood, and fabric and board and would not be without my bidshot for this!!
    I write some die cutting tutorials which is why i have the big shot and the cuttlebug and i always say to people i prefer my bigshot, it feels more sturdy than the cuttlebug even when i am cutting crazy stuff with it!!
    The cuttlebug does save on space so this should be considered i guess
    but if any one has any questions please give me a shout!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport