PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On but only to dry clothes in one room in this horrid wet weather and because we've been painting and varnishing our hallways and stairs so we've had to have the hallway window open to get rid of the gloss, varnish and white spirit fumes which is making the adjacent rooms freezing!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ours has been on for the odd half hour when it's been really chilli. Its enough to take the chill out of the air
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    off unless it gets very chilly, bigger jumper doesnt cost as much! hoping to last until the end of the month. xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I too live in a mid terrace of houses and I have a double lot of insulation in the roof and cavity wall insulation.When I do put my heating on(not yet its nowhere near cold enough ) I only put it on for an hour at a time and then only just to warm the house up.My house is very rarely cold, in fact I had most of the windows open yesterday for a breath of fresh air to whoosh through :) I live in the south-east where it really doesn't get that cold until around november anyway as a rule.My combined heat and electricity bills are Direct debited at £45 per month and I usually get a rebate about early June. If it gets really cold and icy then I put the heating on for longer ,but an extra cardi is just as good and I save the extra credit on my bills for January time when its usually a bit nippier. I am quite a warm blooded person and don't seem to notice if its cold or not and I do like a bit of fresh air and its only when its very cold that my bedroom window gets closed
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    Ours has been on for a week or so. They are storage heaters and both are on quite low.
  • sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,619 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Off at the moment - I did run it for an hour last Friday just to make sure it had no problems before we really needs it (also took the liberty of half drying uniform for the following day as I had been out longer than expected and taken washing out late).
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    On for an hour in the morning to take the chill off for getting in from work.

On if i need to dry clothes quicker for an hour or two.

On tonight and i'm not even in, but the cat was staring at the radiator them me ..... :D so it's on. She's old and a little skinny, trying to get a bit of weight on her, so no point her using up energy to keep as warm as she wants.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine's still off at the moment. It is getting colder so the throws are out for sitting on the sofa. I'm hoping to make it until November but if it gets too cold it will be going on. Still have the summer duvet on too.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Mine's been on for half an hour this evening but I am just out of hospital after an operation. It was so hot in hospital everyone was complaining
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    Not cold enough yet, managed to get some washing dried on the line yesterday. I have the stove if it turns a little chilly and that tends to warm the whole house if I leave the doors open. We don't like being hot during the night so even if the heating does go on it is only on for a couple of hours and goes off at 9pm
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family