IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fines in own carpark turned into CCJ's and bad credit, help!

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,620
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Driver8 wrote: »
    I still think there is something fishy about this post.

i know what you mean.
    ====
  • Just trying to work out what they could have achieved with this tale, if smelly.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Just trying to work out what they could have achieved with this tale, if smelly.
    I think they've caught onto the fact that some people do search through the topics rather than simply posting and - more importantly - they themselves can link to those threads that would give an entirely different impression to the uninitiated reader elsewhere.

Presumably they assume that those who use CAG don't read and post on MSE or vice versa or on PePiPoo and/or elsewhere. This sudden up-welling of cases that have been mysteriously lost in the face of PPC's with solid cases is completely contrary to current experience and, strangely, all involve posters who don't seem to have posted before losing their cases and don't seem to understand the real process.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • You could well be right, I never thought of it that way. the only downside of them doing this is that it also shows the best ways of defeating clampers etc.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • king100
    king100 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    d123 wrote: »

Now they still have a CCJ, will have a bad credit file for 6 years and enriched some PPC scum. :mad:

That is hardly a solution.

Unless they paid of the CCJ in full with 1 month of issue.
    I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
    Seek legal help if unsure.
    Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS
    }
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Just trying to work out what they could have achieved with this tale, if smelly.

What makes me think it's fishy peter-the-piper is that they published the same question on CAG and Pepipoo and when asked to scan the paperwork, if any, they simply have not produced and avoiding questions when asked.

I just think it's a PPC trying to scare people who look at these boards but do not post by implying they will be taken to court yet they simply cannot provide any proof at all.
  • d123
    Forumite
    king100 wrote: »
    Unless they paid of the CCJ in full with 1 month of issue.

If you read post #1 by the OP you will see that wouldn't be possible.
    in august 2008, I received 2x parking tickets, for £100 each, on my scooter

They allegedly "settled out of court" last week so that CCJ (if any part of the story is actually true) will be in force for another 4 years.
    ====
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    @ d123 - no it's your sums that are wrong. The person got the bogus PPC tickets in August 2008 but the '1 month' isn't counted from the date the scammers slapped the fake tickets on the scooter, how could it be?

The 1 month starts from the date of judgment.

Either way, the OP made a BIG expensive mistake in ignoring the best forum advice.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • d123
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    @ d123 - no it's your sums that are wrong. The person got the bogus PPC tickets in August 2008 but the '1 month' isn't counted from the date the scammers slapped the fake tickets on the scooter, how could it be?

The 1 month starts from the date of judgment.

Either way, the OP made a BIG expensive mistake in ignoring the best forum advice.

Sorry, my mistake on the August 08 bit, but the CCJ definitely is older than a month, the part I was actually thinking of was further down the post.
    Apparently they sent a court summons to my old address which I never saw (I moved in with my boyfriend shortly after). This has now turned into a CCJ unpaid on my record
    ====
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Mrs_P-P wrote: »
    Im glad its over, can rest easy egain.
    Not the best resolution, but thanks for updating us anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure