Post of the Month October

Options
Update Note 31 October: The winner has now been chosen. To nominate for the November Post of the Month go to this discussion thread

Please nominate your most Useful/Helpful Post of the Month £50 award by replying to this post (remember you're nominating NOT voting - there's a difference) :)

Also please do not lobby to win the prize - as Martin says, it's not cricket! :)

Please include:

A. A hyperlink to the specific thread/post - highlight the web address of the thread/ post when you're viewing it from the address bar at the top of the screen and copy (press 'control' and 'c') and paste ('control' and 'v')

B. Why you think they should receive the award (no more than one paragraph)
threadbanner.gif
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=274640&highlight=bingo

Think this one is a good contender. Seems quite a few people have won some decent money due to this thread, including myself (£66)
    Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.
  • zebedy
    zebedy Posts: 425 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to nominate the NOTW bingo for post of the month.
    Reading the discussion it's a bit hard to work out who actually posted it first but I'm sure Martin can get to the bottom of it.
    MS Stalwart. Used site for >10 years :j

Make Do, Mend and Minimise member - focussing on upcycling/repurposing and sewing
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brett gets my vote for the NOTW Bingo thread. Theres a few MSErs (myself included) who can look forward to a nice cheque because of this.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • southernscouser
    Options
    This thread hasn't saved anyone anyone any money. It hasn't gotten anyone anything on the cheap. It hasn't taken adavantage of a mis-price or a pucker limited offer. But it has brought alot of adults to tears and put everything in to perspective for many which is something that doesn't happen enough in this mad, fast world we live in.

Thats why I'd like to vote for nelly for bringing us the attention of this incredible story! Thanks mate. :beer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=276993
  • looby75
    looby75 Posts: 23,387 Forumite
    Options
    It has my nomination too.

Nelly posted it on a very sad day for me, and it made me remember that life is worth living no matter what.

It puts money worries completely into perspective.
  • whatamess_2
    whatamess_2 Posts: 2,956 Forumite
    Options
    This thread hasn't saved anyone anyone any money. It hasn't gotten anyone anything on the cheap. It hasn't taken adavantage of a mis-price or a pucker limited offer. But it has brought alot of adults to tears and put everything in to perspective for many which is something that doesn't happen enough in this mad, fast world we live in.

Thats why I'd like to vote for nelly for bringing us the attention of this incredible story! Thanks mate. :beer:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=276993

Was going to vote for nelly and his first post on being allowed back to mse.

But having just seen the the above thread (link courtesy of ss) that gets my vote.
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I would like to vote for Nelly as well. This post is fantastic inspiration for anyone when they think their chips are down. I think this story will stay with me forever, and I know Nelly will find a good home for the money.
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • nelly_2
    nelly_2 Posts: 17,863 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to vote for Nelly as well. This post is fantastic inspiration for anyone when they think their chips are down. I think this story will stay with me forever, and I know Nelly will find a good home for the money.

Yeah I will ....the off license at the end of the street :rotfl:
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Options
    I'd like to nominate Akabee for his/her "free freeview box" thread. Hopefully a lot of MSE'ers will be getting one (me included) thanks to him/her.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=277389
  • southwestmaid
    Options
    AnnieH wrote:
    I'd like to nominate Akabee for his/her "free freeview box" thread. Hopefully a lot of MSE'ers will be getting one (me included) thanks to him/her.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=277389

I'd like to vote for Akabee and the freeview box thread too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure