🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Compulsory Photo Driving Licence?

Options

Comments

• scousemouser43
    Options
    i have had mine since 1985 and dont intend to renew to a photocard as these are only valid for Ten Years from issue and their is a charge to renew them (not sure how much though)
  • kittiej
    kittiej Posts: 2,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a new 'Tardis' addition to my local taxing PO. It's to renew photos for the photo licences as they are beginning to run out.

What a swizz, If you passed your test yonks go and don't have any intentions of moving or getting wed then you're OK, whilst the rest of us are Gov Monkeys - set to pay until you drop - lol
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    My employers made it compulsory to have a photo card licence, I think there was a similar ruling for the Met Police.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My old boss told me to get one. I told him to !!!! off :rotfl:
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Options
    Sadly we aren't allowed to say that to our bosses, the joys of working for the Ambulance service.
  • kittiej
    Options
    MY DH has it even worse being an HGV driver - they have to do tests as well - he has 2 photo licenses
    Karma - the consequences of ones acts."It's OK to falter otherwise how will you know what success feels like?"1 debt v 100 days £2000
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Mine is 32 years old now :eek: I still have it in the little leather "Driving Licence" wallet my mum bought for me. I did get it out recently to substantiate my claim for a bus pass :) and it was actually in two bits where the crease had been in it so long. Funnily enough my son said to me just yesterday that he thought it was illegal not to have a licence with a photo.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bigjl wrote: »
    Sadly we aren't allowed to say that to our bosses, the joys of working for the Ambulance service.
    I told him to stuff his job up his !!!! 6 months later so hey ho ! :D
  • Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    kittiej wrote: »
    What a swizz, If you passed your test yonks go and don't have any intentions of moving or getting wed then you're OK, whilst the rest of us are Gov Monkeys - set to pay until you drop - lol
    But nobody wanted the sh1tty green computer paper DVLC print-out licences when they replaced the nice little shiny red book ones issued by County or Borough vehicle licensing offices and they had to be renewed every 3yrs at cost! Can't remember how much though.
  • kittiej
    edited 10 September 2010 at 11:42PM
    Options
    I didn't mind having a greenie lol - why the heck would I want my physog on a driving licence?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport