Only cruises - cruise deals for all

Options

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2011 at 12:37PM
    Options
    Check out the 3 Costa above they might be better itineraries but even at double Solo they are cheap.

flight needed, Savona, venice,

Try this link it has some more £99 in BArcelona departures
    http://www.costacruises.co.uk/gb/cruises_list/201105.html
    Yes, I did, thanks, as you posted before I replied to your earlier one. Great prices (even slightly cheaper via crusiesavertravel and viva voyage) although have to take into account Costa's coomplusory tips at 49euros.

Too close to departure dates to get cheap flights. I would have done the Grecian Splendours from Venice but even Ryanair was coming in at about £180 not including bags. Checked Airmiles as I have a load of them but no available flights to Venice anywhere near the required dates.

Didn't even check Savona as it is such a rigmarole to get to. Barcelona flights were bit cheaper although would have needed hotel overnight at either end but the itinerary didn't appeal for the same reason as the RCI offer.
  • Mands
    Mands Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Y

Too close to departure dates to get cheap flights. I would have done the Grecian Splendours from Venice but even Ryanair was coming in at about £180 not including bags. Checked Airmiles as I have a load of them but no available flights to Venice anywhere near the required dates.

We might have considered the same one, but being in Europe rather than the UK the pricing is different. Those very tempting 99€ pp insides are priced at upwards of 900€ for us.

Trying to book through the UK site is no joy either, presumably they're keeping an eye on IPs or similar.

Mands
  • bcl999
    edited 22 May 2011 at 4:28PM
    Options
    Mands wrote: »
    We might have considered the same one, but being in Europe rather than the UK the pricing is different. Those very tempting 99€ pp insides are priced at upwards of 900€ for us.

Trying to book through the UK site is no joy either, presumably they're keeping an eye on IPs or similar.

Mands
    Well, I'll book your cruise and you book me a flight! ;)

Wonder why they'd rather keep the cabins empty than fill them up at £99 regardless of the origin of the passenger? Have you tried the 2 agencies I mentioned? They are offereing the £99 fare at £89 but perhaps they too only allow UK bookings.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Well, I'll book your cruise and you book me a flight! ;)

Wonder why they'd rather keep the cabins empty than fill them up at £99 regardless of the origin of the passenger? Have you tried the 2 agencies I mentioned? They are offereing the £99 fare at £89 but perhaps they too only allow UK bookings.

I have notice an ofload through country and individual Ta has startd to happen

US agent book uk people so a UK TA could book EU person, free trade and all that.
  • getmore4less
    Options
    Another Costa deal

28 June 10 nights ex Dover £399 about 8 cabins left when I booked this Morning. (€60 grats).

Not as good as the £99 but no flights needed.
  • jodieh12
    jodieh12 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    HI All

Not sure if I'm in the right place. I have decided on a cruise for me and my 11 year old daughter. I have decided Island Escape on 31 July from Palma. I would like cruise and stay but can't saty for 7 nights after, really just wanted 4 nights. I've had a quote which is £100 more than the 7 nights. For 7 night cruise & 7 night stay was £2700 with hlaf board for stay. I have worked out if I do all the things seperate the breakdown will be as follows:

Flights - approximatley £150 each = £300 - I get to choose when I go and come back
    Cruise only - £752 = £1504
    All inclusinve hotel for 4 nights approximately £450 for the two of us

Which totals £2254 which is £446 cheaper than their package but I would have to make my own way from airport to port then port to hotel and hotel to airport.

Anyone have any opinions or can get me a better deal?

Jo
  • nw_man
    nw_man Posts: 739 Forumite
    Options
    jodieh12 wrote: »
    HI All

Not sure if I'm in the right place. I have decided on a cruise for me and my 11 year old daughter. I have decided Island Escape on 31 July from Palma. I would like cruise and stay but can't saty for 7 nights after, really just wanted 4 nights. I've had a quote which is £100 more than the 7 nights. For 7 night cruise & 7 night stay was £2700 with hlaf board for stay. I have worked out if I do all the things seperate the breakdown will be as follows:

Flights - approximatley £150 each = £300 - I get to choose when I go and come back
    Cruise only - £752 = £1504
    All inclusinve hotel for 4 nights approximately £450 for the two of us

Which totals £2254 which is £446 cheaper than their package but I would have to make my own way from airport to port then port to hotel and hotel to airport.

Anyone have any opinions or can get me a better deal?

Jo

Hi,

I think this isnt the best place for your query as its a thread for cruise deals.

Try the overseas holiday and travel planning board... could a mod move this ?

One answer for you whilst I already hijacked the thread :p.... we have cruised from Palma a few times, public transport is EASY to the port. Takes you right next to it, a really short walk.

Get the bus !
  • getmore4less
    Options
    Deals been a bit thin on the ground.

New pricing on the Costa Magica for a very last minute trip.

10nights £299, Dover 28th June, Amsterdam 29th June.

Dover currently full( we are on this on) but check Mon for cancellations.

3 similar trips in July are not discounted but watch if interested I think they will drop.
  • bcl999
    Options
    Have given up on the Costa - it's like wading thorugh treacle at the moment.

Enjoy your cruise.
  • cosyc
    cosyc Posts: 336 Forumite
    Options
    Just booked today costa magica 28 july £557 inside or £743 for a balcony. went for the inside so just over £50 a day still cheap. Also added the drinks pack at £11.50 a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure