Travelodge complaint

Options
hi all stayed in Liverpool central travelodge for 2 nights start of Aug ,1st night find but the 2nd night can only be called a night of hell ,first you have no phone in your room to phone rec for help so here's what happened ,went out that night and got back to room around 12.30am and at around 2.00am a group of scottish band members come to the floor we were on (we had a very corner room) they started banging doors shouting ,then kicking room doors at 3.00 in the morning someone was kicking your room door it is very frightening so had to put a chair at the door to stop the door opening ,then around 4.00 they started to play the drums and so the night of hell went on until around 5.00 went everything went quiet .We checked out at 08.30 that morning and informed the girl on rec who made a note of our night of hell and told us to phone on Monday to speak to the manager.We phoned first thing Monday morning and spoke to the manager who said she hadnt been told anything about that night but would phone us back that day.At 05.15pm that night we had to phone her back as we got no phone call from her and she said she was still looking in to it ,now 5 weeks and she still has not phoned back so 3 weeks ago I wrote to Travelodge head office about this complaint and they too have not replyed so all I can say if you have a problem in a travelodge you cant complain as NO ONE in this company seems to care about there customers

Comments

• mr_lordi
    Options
    In my opinion i fail to see where the travelodge are at fault here, or are you complaining there was no telephones in your room. I appreciate a lot of noise was made and thats bang out of order, unfortunately there are idiots everywhere you go.... If you choose for whatever reason to go in budget hotels then you have to expect there s a likelyhood the dreggs of society with no thought for others are likely to be there with you..... Travelodge probably are nt aware this incident has gone on if no one went to reception to complain... I unfortunately have to stay in these hotels on a frequent basis with work and encounter this sort of behaviour all the time...
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Premier Inn will refund the cost of your stay if you don't have a good night for any reason, they also have telephones in the room. My worst night was when a group of Scottish teens on a school trip were running riot outside my room, no sign of any teachers. The security guards came to tell them off about 4 times over the course of the night idiots...

And it's not just in budget hotels you get idiots many people don't give a fig about anyone asleep when they are banging doors and squealing in corridors, it happens to me in all sorts of hotels....
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • dan2002
    dan2002 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    Mr lordi you think its ok to be left in a room with up to 15+ people banging on your door and its not the hotels fault !!!!!,I couldnt report to the rec as I couldnt and wouldnt open the door!!!, groups like this shouldnt be allowed to stay in places like this ,what if I had a child in the room ????, its ok for people to play drums at 04.00am then .All I am saying is travelodge has just let things like this go on, as people like you just wont complain and until we all learn to complain more then nothing will get done about about morons ruining other peoples nights away
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    That is awful that you experienced such anti-social behaviour late at night and I would certainly complain if in your shoes. They might try and wriggle out of any refund by saying you should have gone down to reception (though I understand why you did not) or use a mobile phone to ring reception to report the problem. Of course other people in the hotel must have complained or rang reception on the night using their mobiles, so they should have a log of that to back up your complaint. I would keep emailing them if I was you, until you get a response.
  • bubblegum26
    Options
    dan2002 wrote: »
    Mr lordi you think its ok to be left in a room with up to 15+ people banging on your door and its not the hotels fault !!!!!,I couldnt report to the rec as I couldnt and wouldnt open the door!!!, groups like this shouldnt be allowed to stay in places like this ,what if I had a child in the room ????, its ok for people to play drums at 04.00am then .All I am saying is travelodge has just let things like this go on, as people like you just wont complain and until we all learn to complain more then nothing will get done about about morons ruining other peoples nights away

If nobody complained about it at the time then the company could do nothing about it as they were not given the chance, what would you expect them to do the next day, they can only apologise for the guys behavior. If I had felt that threatened I would have made a complaint to the police at the time and they would have contacted the reception and dealt with it.

I've had the same thing of noisy neighbours at Travelodges as being a budget hotel you tend to get younger groups staying there but upon complaint the noise has always been dealt with quickly and efficiently.

This is not a dig at the OP so please don't take it personally as I am not aiming this at you it's just a general thought but...... too many people complain these days at anything just to see what they might get out of it and this has now led to companies not being so quick to act accordingly as they are not always sure they are not being led on hence if you do not complain at the time its too late i'm afraid.

As a country we are very quick to complain and moan, and apply for compensation when things go wrong ......but how many people pick up the phone or e-mail after great service and say Thank You most people don't even say that after buying their groceries these days.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My experience of Travelodge is that they try to avoid complaints. I complained about our stay at Newport, IOW to head office and received a smarmy letter from the Newport hotel manager. They won't take complaints on their sales line and the only way to contact them is by letter or email. This is why we never stay at Travelodges anymore. Even for £9 of £59 it's not worth it.
    The man without a signature.
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think I would have used my mobile to call the police.
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    I used my mobile to call reception from a travelodge room one night, similar thing you experienced OP, a booking of 2 or 3 rooms full of adults intent on having a party in any/all the rooms/corridors etc etc at 4am. The manager came up and spoke to them, and after about 10 minutes and another visit from the manager (and a repeat phone call from another guest I discovered the following morning) they did stop the noise.

And no, its definitely not just budget hotels you get this type of behaviour, you really need to complain at the time (I totally understand why you didn't leave your room to go to reception by the way). Its like anything else in the leisure industry, you have to give the company a chance to sort it out there and then before taking it further. If they weren't aware of the situation at the time, how can they fix it now, after the event?
  • *manda*
    *manda* Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    Options
    Could you not have called down to reception on your mobile? If you were that scared then surely that would have been a reasonable thing to do.

I'm sorry, but I don't really see this as the hotels fault either, a refund out of courtesy would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it in a budget hotel. The bigger/better hotels do also have groups of loud people in them but generally they handle situations better, in particular with complaints. I think you may have to chalk this up to experience.
  • dan2002
    dan2002 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Options
    hi all yes I could have phoned down to the rec ,if only I knew were the phone number was and yes when we checked out and asked why there was no phone number we were told that the number was on the back of the small card telling us what room we were in ,if only we knew this the night before .We have wrote to their head office 3 weeks ago and to date we have not had a reply,I only wrote this thread to let other people know how travelodge treat their customers as they have failed to reply to any of my complains
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure