We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…776777779781782…907

Comments

  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    My_Fathers_Daughter Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    edited 10 October 2010 at 9:57PM
    cazscoob wrote: »
    We are having that struggle right now! i jumped in the bath and when getting out i snapped the chain and couldnt get the plug out, went to get changed and splash she was out the cot and in the bath fully clothed!!! I have hidden everything she can stand on and she is sitting behind her door screamin at the moment, she is exhausted but will not give in! before she would lie down and go straight to sleep?

    I hate to say it but I am glad it is not just me :o Although luckily Benjamin still hasn't attempted to climb out of his cot (I am waiting for it though!). I don't know what happened, one day he was laughing and blowing me kisses as I left his room and the next he was screaming merry hell!!

    We will get through this!



    Benjamin had us in stitches today. There was a bear at the zoo who was walking backwards and hubby and DSS were making beep beep noises like a reversing vehicle.

    Later on when we were asking Benjamin what he had seen we asked him what the tiger said and he said 'rrraaarrr' and we asked him what the bear said and he said 'beep, beep, beep' :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:




    LOL - hubby just reminded me of another - he said to DSS 'this castle was started in 1017' and DSS said (in all innocence) 'what time was it finished'!!!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Caz, get a baby gate on the bedroom door!

    I'm making a (well 2 and we'll see what best) raggy doll. :D
  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    CAFC, a good site is Instructables, and also Craftster.

    Not sure how you could orchestrate a pooping incident - maybe a badly fastened nappy?

    :heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010







  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Krystal- If you're around I want to know what you threw away of Aimee's after her warning!
    Everything that was on her floor after she'd been sent to tidy her room...

    It grieves me... I shall probably re-introduce one or two of the more costly bits over time though lol...

    It's just because it had reached the point where she was being really blase about it all, she used to have to pick everything up before she went in the bath but tonight she was rolling around her bedroom floor telling me she wasn't bothered and she didn't want a bath... So I resorted to the whole "if you don't pick it up, it's going in the bin" She was absolutely distraught, cried through her bath and after she got sent to bed she got up again to tell me she couldn't stop thinking of the things she's lost... I contemplated relenting and giving her another chance, but she's had plenty of chances and I figure she might remember this next time I ask her to tidy her stuff away!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    The sleeping trouble we are having with Lily is that she hates laying down now she can move about.

    She has to get to a point where she is falling asleep sitting up before she will accept being laid down.

    She has fallen over and hit her head about 4 times today now, she is standing its a longer fall.
    Would you recommend a rug?
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    bexta wrote: »

    Not sure how you could orchestrate a pooping incident - maybe a badly fastened nappy?

    Peanut butter :D

    All good girls fake it atleast once :D;):rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • EA - I got rid of all my laminate as soon as I got pregnant. Carpets are more baby friendly IMHO. I would get the biggest rug you can.


    Krystal - good on you. It must hurt though. How about 'the charity shop' next time? Then at least it would be going to someone else rather than to landfill.
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    It's not in the bin... It's in the cupboard out the front next to the bin lol... I shall sort through it when she's not around, D filled the bag while I was bathing the baby, I wouldn't have been able to do it... I'd have ended up putting stuff away for her... But we do have a bag of stuff we sorted out for charity the other week so I'll combine the two and get them dropped off...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    :rotfl:Tia. OH is such a wuss with baby bodily functions. Or, he'll see her spew/ piddle all over herself, then look confused if I ask him to fetch a towel to mop it up.

    :heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010







  • Oh, I see! That is definitely a lesson she will not forget. Could you wait until bin day and say that the bin men had returned a couple of the more costly items as they thought it must have been a mistake that they were in the bin? That way it's not you relenting.....
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.