We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…465466468470471…907

Comments

  • Yeah cafc that would annoy me too :(
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Yeah cafc that would annoy me too :(

    he's back tracking now....

    telling me we can get one but not to go crazy bidding...

    so i asked what entailed crazy bidding...

    and then hes like we can probably stretch to 200....:mad:

    i mean :T for getting one but for god sake...... its like he cant just say it outright... and as if i was going to be paying £200 for one!!! :rotfl:
    Wealth is not measured by currency
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Went to look at a cute little 5 seat sceinic. It's an automatic which is the only thing putting me off. But we are going back tomorrow to try the car seats in the back and if they fit, I get to take it on a test drive (well round the ind.estate).

    I may have been a bit cranky at the first place we went too, told them a 7 seater between £3500 and £4000, knowing they had 2 xara picassos (or whatever they are) and a zaferia. He comes out with an 07 scienic grande, wow says I! Only £5250 says he! Then he starts about part exchange and I told him we were just selling it to WBAC.com and he starts that bloody irritating sucky teeth think that I am SURE hey get taught at sleazy salesman school and oh by gum thats a bad idea. So I turned to DH (we left the boys with neighbours and only had Amber) and says 'He's not interested in what I'm telling him so we'll go to rival dealer before Amber gets too tired and see what they have got coz I'm getting fed up here.' Well, I didn't want to waste his time... And he is lucky, I have PMT and felt like saying a lot more. I knew and he knew he had 3 cars he could have shown me but he was greedy.

    SS, I'd just bleep over DH's voice or keep it to constantly remind him about his moodyness.
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound really selfish of me, and i know he covers all our costs with working, but it kinda drives me insane that I dont have "a wage" as it were....to spend on "our family" without having to ask....

    I used to feel like that but eventually I realised that he just wasn't paying me my wages for cleaning his mess, cooking his dinner, raising the carriers of his genetic code, providing companionship and company, warming the duvet, laundering his clothes etc etc. So I started taking a 'wage' of my own. ;)
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Tia i'd be extremely wary of selling it to wbac.com :-/.

    Are you just trying to sell it quick? Because they pay well under the odds, the motoring forum on here all hate that site!
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Tia i'd be extremely wary of selling it to wbac.com :-/.

    Are you just trying to sell it quick? Because they pay well under the odds, the motoring forum on here all hate that site!

    It's needing a lot of work so better off selling to them quickly before the gear box falls out or it just stops running.

    Dunno, Ive calmed down a bit now so maybe just get it repaired.
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound really selfish of me, and i know he covers all our costs with working, but it kinda drives me insane that I dont have "a wage" as it were....to spend on "our family" without having to ask....
    The way I see it, the money is shared and it doesn't really matter who earns it. We both work hard in different ways to contribute to the family so why should one have more say just because they "earn" the money? Perhaps if you had an agreed annual budget it would help because then you would know where you were with the money?
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Awwwwwwwww Susan & Alice :D:D:D:D:D :A:A:A:A Thank you so much for the lovely card which cheered me up very much this morning :A
    You're welcome. I'm glad it cheered you up. :)
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Sami_Bee wrote: »
    MFD don't you think that you should be teaching B that tables aren't for climbing on? I'm a bit :eek:at it IMO they are old enough to learn that is unacceptable behaviour. :s:o

    Are you having a laugh?

    I don't see it as unacceptable at all, dangerous maybe but it is hardly the end of the world if he wants something on the table.

    I doubt very much that he will turn into a teenager who still climbs onto the table to do some drawing :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    emlou2009 wrote: »
    S is a climber. He'll climb onto tables, sofas, chairs, stairs, windowsills, fireplaces, shelving units. All I can do is remove him from danger when he does it. If he's stood on the floor he'll find a toy under his feet to stand on rather than standing on just the floor. If I told him off every time he did it I'd never do anything else, and believe me I've tried that tactic! Its easier and much less upsetting for the whole family if I just remove him from danger and say gently "No, thats dangerous. Get down please" ;) He will climb straight up again, though, there is no distracting him.

    Benjamin purposefully goes and gets something to stand on when he watches TV - you are completely right, life is too short :D



    We had a lovely afternoon at my friends daughters 1st birthday party. I had lovely cuddles with 2 beautiful newborn baby girls - one who is 18 days old and one who is 4 days old :A I nearly stole them both!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • Caitlyn likes to empty the nappy box out so she can turn it upside down and stand on it to watch tv...

    She can't get on the dining table though... It's covered in crap... ;)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.