We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…460461463465466…907

Comments

  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    smartie12 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a super moving baby!!;):rotfl:They'll be running to the front door and off down the road next week!!! I want my little baby to stay all newbornish forever *sob*:o:(

    Hope you're feeling a lot better Delain... and I haven't forgotton to PM you back. I start doing everything I need to do then get sidetracked by a certain somebody:)

    I keep meaning to reply again and then get distracted :rotfl: I know what you mean, I keep looking at her and thinking 'in a few months you're not going to be small anymore' :(:(:(
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    dt1 wrote: »
    Morning all, hugs for all poorly and tired people. xx
    Just need to rant so ignore if you want.
    :grouphug: That must be very difficult.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    Becles, brrrr, you're super dedicated to be braving that type of weather.

    CAFC, that does sound really dodgy. Be careful, though I'm sure you will be.

    Smartie, wriggly babies are sooo cute. Good to hear little Daisy's doing well.

    There's so much stuff I should be doing, but they're mostly 'upstairs' jobs, and OH is having a nap because he was working really early today. Really cannot be bothered at the moment.

    :heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010







  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    MFD don't you think that you should be teaching B that tables aren't for climbing on? I'm a bit :eek:at it IMO they are old enough to learn that is unacceptable behaviour. :s:o
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Becles Your posts always make me tired. :o Do you ever sit down with your feet up and eat chocolate?
    :beer:
  • emlou2009
    emlou2009 Posts: 4,016 Forumite
    S is a climber. He'll climb onto tables, sofas, chairs, stairs, windowsills, fireplaces, shelving units. All I can do is remove him from danger when he does it. If he's stood on the floor he'll find a toy under his feet to stand on rather than standing on just the floor. If I told him off every time he did it I'd never do anything else, and believe me I've tried that tactic! Its easier and much less upsetting for the whole family if I just remove him from danger and say gently "No, thats dangerous. Get down please" ;) He will climb straight up again, though, there is no distracting him.
    Mummy to
    DS (born March 2009)

    DD (born January 2012)
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Em S sound's similar to V, she'll climb on anything rather than just be on the floor! She doesn't like me saying no, it makes her cry, but she carries on and does it again anyway. OH saying no doesn't have the same effect - I must have the bossier voice. :p
    :beer:
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    aless02 wrote: »
    gill - prolly not the answer you are looking for, but Finn is 9 months today and still has a night feed (2/3am). But some babies younger than him *coughAlfiecough* dropped theirs ages ago. :o

    William hasnt had a night time bottle since he was about 6 months old at least :o
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    smartie12 wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a super moving baby!!;):rotfl:They'll be running to the front door and off down the road next week!!! I want my little baby to stay all newbornish forever *sob*:o:(

    Lily is currently crawling around the room. Her toys are everywhere :p
    It is probably holiday pay - you accrue holiday pay while on Maternity leave, so if you aren't going back they have to give you holiday pay you have accrued while you were off.

    It was the same amount as SMP £123.40, im owed roughly £1200 in holiday pay :j:j

    But that has to be taxed :(

    Then we are using it to clear our debts, we want to be debt free by xmas :D
  • Ok just had a mild panic, E has started shaking his head from side to dide, kinda like he is saying no, and I panicked cos I'd heard it was an autistic trait, but I googked it and apparantly its quite common in babies his age

    Does anyone else's baby do this?
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.