We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…146147149151152…907

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    r.mac wrote: »
    Sami - thanks I've found it. I'm a bit obsessed with books :D
    Me too :D I bought £40 worth of kids books in tesco the other day too - thank god for the BOGOF deal!
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    I need help with my lab report :(

    I just can't find enthusiasm for onion epidermis cells....
    but onion skin is soooo interesting :p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    but onion skin is soooo interesting :p

    Hmmmmm! ;)


    Did anyone else watch Law & Order and find it disturbing?
    :beer:
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    I can't be doing with the cheap crummy uk one 3.

    PS. the MrsR that I've just replied to on bingo forum is our MM ;)
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    thanks for the book links. I have ordered a sticker book for madams stocking, a set of books for neohews christmas present and a set of books for birthday presents for LO's friends. Oh and the free gruffalo set :D all for the grand total of £5.63 :D delivery included :D
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    I can't be doing with the cheap crummy uk one 3.

    PS. the MrsR that I've just replied to on bingo forum is our MM ;)

    I only like the UK one - but I cba with any american tv.

    It was two 10yr old girls charged with murdering a younger boy. It was just a bit weird. :(


    I shall go stalk MrsR now. :p
    :beer:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Well I did a fancy table.

    Trouble is, we've not actually been shown what a good example of a Uni level lab report is! And googling is no help pah! Damn anti-cheating stuff!
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Sorry tia - I'm no help. I could write you an essay on something, but not a scientific report I'm afraid :( But my tactic would be to use pretty colours :rotfl:
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Tia Didn't Shrek or Donkey say something intelligent about onion skins? Could you not borrow that? :rotfl:
    :beer:
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    I bet tia is sitting at home laughing at us all scratching our heads about onion skins. :D

    I hate it when you peel the onion and the really thin membrane bit doesn't come off cleanly with the layer of skin - it feels strange...........

    Shrek: Ogres are like onions.
    Donkey: They stink?
    Shrek: Yes. No.
    Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.
    Shrek: No.
    Donkey: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.
    Shrek: NO. Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
    I]sighs[/I
    Donkey: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions.
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    r.mac wrote: »
    I bet tia is sitting at home laughing at us all scratching our heads about onion skins. :D

    I hate it when you peel the onion and the really thin membrane bit doesn't come off cleanly with the layer of skin - it feels strange...........

    Shrek: Ogres are like onions.
    Donkey: They stink?
    Shrek: Yes. No.
    Donkey: Oh, they make you cry.
    Shrek: No.
    Donkey: Oh, you leave em out in the sun, they get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs.
    Shrek: NO. Layers. Onions have layers. Ogres have layers. Onions have layers. You get it? We both have layers.
    I]sighs[/I
    Donkey: Oh, you both have layers. Oh. You know, not everybody like onions.

    The inner epidermal layer :p

    Do you think I could just hand that in?

    I think onions are like ogers cuz shrek said so, therefore, it doesn't matter what the width of an inner leaf onion epidermal nucleoli is.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.