PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What's your daily routine ...

Options

Comments

• d1965
    d1965 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    05:30 - Drag myself out of bed, make a cuppa and feed the cats.
    06:10 - off to work
    19:55 - fall in through the door after what seems like the longest 12 hours ever (this is done 3 days a week)
    20:10 - Bath, cuppa and fall into bed especially if working next day

If not working up at 8 n just potter around doing the usual household things
    :j living life as I choose to ;)
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hmm...when I was working full-time I knew that so long as the bare minimum was done we'd survive - and of course I'd have plenty of time to really clean, etc. once I retired.... This is the fourth week of the rest of my life - (ie no more paid employment! - and so far my routines look like this:

That's right - zilch! I guess I'm going to have to face the fact that I actually did more when I was working full-time! Of course , all this will change as soon as I adjust. or not, as the case may be!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • paigexstewart
    Options
    Reverbe wrote: »
    Same here. Well I am not really but I don't have kids or a partner or a house to run so not as much to do as the rest of the good folks on here..No cooking,cleaning. homework, washing, making lunches etc to do:rolleyes:

Almost wish i had tho cos it does lead to severe boredom when I am not lucky enough to be in work and a lot of solitude/loneliness.

I think you are all amazing but I do think that it isnt really necessary to clean every room every day etc..I have noticed some people for example do that kinda thing or hoover every day etc..

If you did have kids, a partner or a house then you would find it necessary to clean everyday! All 3 are very messy things! It doesn't matter how often you clean each of them there is always something to do. :p
    :j This year is my year 2009 :j
  • Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Apologies if I've done the wrong thing bumping this old thread up but I've just found it, it's fascinating and some of the posts have had me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It amazes me how many people are up at around 6am every day! The only time I see 6am is if I'm still up partying from the night before:o

I don't have a routine apart from getting DS up for school at around 7.45am, going on the pc when I properly get up, drinking copious amounts of coffee all afternoon in an attempt to feel more awake, starting to think about tea at around 4/5pm, and dreamily planning to clean/declutter...:o... plus naps....
  • PixieDust
    Options
    Thank you for bumping, I've enjoyed reading posts too. :D
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    cat501 is that really your entire day?
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    adelight wrote: »
    cat501 is that really your entire day?

pretty much, unless I have to go shopping, any appointments or whatever. Believe it or not, I'm a LOT better than I was even just a few short weeks ago:D
  • dawn_rose
    Options
    Hiya mine goes a little something like this. My husband works shifts and does 2 jobs the first is rotational shifts with diff start n finish times daily. He fits in when hes here other than that its me and three lil uns aged 5, 4 and 1.

6am everyone is up.feed kids cuppa for me
    6.30 am kids washed and dressed
    7am me washed and dressed
    7.30 washer on, washing up
    8am load pushchair with all kids school things
    8.25am leave house with three kids to catch bus as school is a mile away.
    8.50 am drop kids off and walk home
    9.30 brew for me, toast and milk for baby (sometimes she nods off on way home)
    empty washer put on airers/ in dryer
    put second wash on
    fold anything on airers thats dry (put upstairs)
    dry dishes washed earlier and put away.
    dust and hoover thru
    wipe kitchen over/brush floor
    once a week i change all beds, clean bathroom and mop kitchen floor
    decluttering big style at moment.
    lunch is 12 ish eat with baby
    after lunch play games with baby/take to playgroup
    2.30 leave to collect kids walk to school (taking snacks for all with me)
    4pm home with three munchkins in tow and put dinner in
    5pm dinnertime/packed lunches/ washing up
    6pm Bathtime and bed time
    7pm Peace and quiet.

Throughout the day i attend to the needs of the baby and the bulk of the housework gets does when my husband is here to watch her as it takes twice as long with her in tow helping.

In evenings i sort school paperwork, watch soaps, do ironing, read, go on net or make things to sell/use.
    Jan 2015 GC £267/£260
    Feb 2015 GC /£260
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    5.30 am - inform daughter its not yet morning and send her back to bed
    5.35 am - give up and allow daughter to get into bed
    5.45 am - loose patience with daughter wriggling and bringing kittens into bed
    6.00 am - breath sigh of relief that cbeebies has started and turn on tv for daughter
    7.00 am - get up, shout son up, wee, go downstairs, put on porridge, feed kittens, feed chickens, make cuppa and sarnies for lunch whilst porridge cook
    7.10 am - eat breakfast
    7.25 am - get dressed, nag dd to get dressed, do her hair for school, sort a load of washing and put it on, check menu plan and take anything needed out of freezer
    7.50 - take dd to before school club

Hubbies morning

7.00 am - complain about having to get up
    7.10 am - drink cup of tea made by lovely wife whilst browsing internet
    7.45 am - go and having shower after being reminded by wife that we need to leave in 5 minutes
    8.00 am - pick wife up from daughter's school and wonder why she is stressed
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Jenny.W
    Jenny.W Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work 3 mornings a week so my routine for those days is as follows:
    5.25am - get up
    5.30am - walk the dog
    6.30am - get ready for work, have breakfast, feed dog
    7.25 am - leave for work
    1.00pm - get home
    1.15pm - take dog out for walk