PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What's your daily routine ...

Options

Comments

• brokenwings
    Options
    ps i print stuff off from here and use it for my lists and timetables and organisation:

http://organizedhome.com/

( cripes can you tell im a capricorn?)
  • Shelley3774
    Shelley3774 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    Options
    With two little boys aged 5 and 3 it is very difficult to stick to a routine and I've found myself getting very fretful and anxious trying to fit everything in. I work part time shifts which doesn't help and hubby is also shift work and out long hrs. Some days I constantly feel like I am chasing my tail and getting nowhere fast. I aspire to be like my Nan who is so organised and by lunchtime all the housework is done and she sits down in front of the box to relax all afternoon!!!
    I really think we have too much these days and too much makes for more stress. I live in a 5 bed 3 storey which is a nightmare to clean and doesn't help that the kids drag toys into every room possible!!!
    I try to hoover the ground floor every day and do at least 3 loads of washing a day. I tidy up constantly and fit everything else in around my shifts and hubby's shifts. Today is a rare day when we are all home together so I seized the opportunity to blitz the house which I managed and feel really happy about.
    Tidy house is a tidy mind to me so from now on I will do my best to keep it running smoothly;)
    Little Miss Chatterbox
    :p
    :smileyheaMum to Jake and Harri
    :smileyhea
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    Well Ive got 3 kids and a grown up man-kid, so I dont do so well keeping to any sort of schedule - I just get so bored!!
    I do wonder how my nan had 3 kids in the 50's and an immaculate house - but I think it has to do with them doing exactly what they were told or else, my kids arent like that :)
    I tend to have completely full up days where I work all day, cleaning and cooking, then other days I just lounge around reading, or on the 'puter or playing guitar or doing ebay or on MSN to various people...I think I deserve a rest from housework every week, if only because its so damn boring.
    The house is well beyond what I feel I can keep up with, however I seem to manage somehow...in fits and starts I guess! Im not a lover of cleaning, so it gets done when necessary rather than little and often. I have too many other things I want to do which are fun, other than worrying about the house being pristine.
    The only thing at the mo is the amount of kitchen activity I have to do to save money - exhausting!!
    Id love an empty minimalist house that required very little tidying. That, or a slave.
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • debtfreein4years
    Options
    not working at the moment and no kids yet so my routine is very simple

up 7.30 shower, dressed, hair and make up

8.15 tidying and surface cleaning the kitchen then breakfast.

9am. upstairs, general tidy, hoover, make bed, clean bathroom.

9.45am. tidy living room, open blinds, tidy up mess from the night before then chill out.

1pm. lunch and clean kitchen again then chill

go out to the butchers or shop and get any bits that are needed, go to the library if books due to be returned.

6pm. dinner and clean kitchen again then chill

10pm, bleach toilet and bed.

washing gets done as and when there is enough for a load and the ironing gets done when the load of washing is dry. windows get cleaned on the first saturday of the month. online shopping gets done once a month.

when i do get round to having kids i think my routine wont change that much as i think getting babies into a routine is the best thing for them so will ajust my cleaning to fit in with their nap times but the general layout of the day will stay the same. i know that is going to go out the window, but i can hope
    Debt free 3 years early :j
    Savings for house deposit - very healthy

Cash back earnt so far £14.57
  • laineyc_2
    laineyc_2 Posts: 923 Forumite
    Options
    I am just getting into meal planning properly. I feel like I have been in the kitchen for days. But now my freezer is full and it should make things easier when I get in from work. I start working 3 days a week from tomorrow.

Cleaning wise, I tidy up as I go along. I have a lady who cleans for me once a week which is a huge help. I try to do at least one load of laundry a day during the week. I have 4 sporty boys so there is a never ending pile of sports gear.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    marri_lou wrote: »
    My house is clean and tidy, I try to so an hour a day of housework, and that can include laundry, bathroom cleans, hoovering only takes 10 minutes or so. Its back to that little and often really. I usually have a load of washing up on the clothes horse drying at any point in time, when its dried, its folded and put away. It really only takes minutes if you do it there and then. Its leaving it to build up thats the problem.

this is what I do, little and often is the key and I work full time and have 3 males to look after( DH and 2 teenagers) ;)
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • sunflower76
    Options
    Little and often, being organised and not worrying too much if I slip of the waggon is my way.
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    I can't do little and often, I feel I could go on forever doing the little jobs! Im sure it works if you can do it. But I can't!!!
    My mum was a great one for 'having a purge' now and then, which I spose I do when the urge takes me.
    Having said that, I keep just ONE ROOM very tidy - the living room. Sounds very old fashioned, I know. Its where we put any guests, and its also where all the grown up toys live (my best books, computer & gubbins, recording equipment, musical instruments, cd's, dvd's, xbox etc) and I guess I can rest easy knowing that at least that room is always presentable, but the kids are not allowed food or toys in there, and that makes a huge difference.
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • Racklen
    Racklen Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Im also a full time worker luckily 9-5pm mon-fri, i usually am quite organised which is the only reason anything gets done to be honest, i tend to try and just keep ontop of washing up and clothes washing during the week and have a quick run a round when i get in after work to get on top of any tidying, otherwise it tends to be sunday that i vacumme the house, mop, blitz bathroom, sort all ironing ready for work and plan all my list for the following week to make sure all food and bills are sorted, so luckily saturday is my free day where i like to try and have some me time, as my OH works saturdays and we dont have any children as of yet(which does make things alot easier with time) the only way to fit it all in is to be organised and stick to your plans on when your going to do things even if its just a half hour run abo9ut the house picking things up etc it can make a difference. first start with a big declutter cut back on all the junk you dont need then its alot easier to keep on top of it
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    I work 4 days a week, so either get 2 days off together or 3 the next week. I try to keep downstairs and my bedroom tidy as I go along. But any serious thorough cleaning cooking etc waits till my days off. I get more done when i have the days off during the week as the kids are at school not at home making more mess.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport