PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What's your daily routine ...

Options

Comments

• welshgirl78
    Options
    I have fallen in love with FlyLady!!! It's just me and boyf but I used to do NOTHING all week (apart from cook and boyf wash up) then blitz cleaning every so often at weekends and resent every minute of it...

Now I flylady for about an hour every evening (or more as I get carried away) and have a lovely clean house (although I keep noticing more and more that needs doing :o) I also have caught up with washing so do a load every couple of days which is remarkably easy! I actually enjoy doing it and feel like I am achieving lots, plus I can have all weekend off if I want! Although I love flyladying so much I have been washing the study walls and cleaning the quarry tiled kitchen this afternoon... my boyf keeps asking where his slobby girlfriend has gone!!! :D
    DFW Nerd #131
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    i have a partner and two girls 8 and 4,we tend to rise between 6 and 7 everything is always set out the night before so its just a matter of showering/getting dressed and brekkie then off to work and school.i like to be organised i used to get really upset if everything wasnt just right,but now my kids come first.i work part time at my daughters school,so my routine at home for cleaning etc is mainly done in the eves or when i finish work.i dont like to be doing housework when my girls are home as i prefer to spend the time with them,we tend to keep very busy with different activities and friends round.i am currently doing a BA honors degree so that takes up a lot of time too,so as i said any spare time is spent with my family the only day we have off all together is a sunday so we always make sure we do something together then.as long as my house is clean and tidy im happy i was once told that if you have the perfect house then its your children who suffer kind of puts housework into perspective for me.so my routine stands now as the house gets cleaned once a week,hoovering once a day,i batch cook when freezer is low and washing and ironing is done as and when needed,i just dont find it is possible to stick rigidly to a set routine as things always happen
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I work full time which includes some evenings and I also have an illness which can be debilitating at times.

I employ a cleaner one day a week, so that at least if i'm ill I can forget about the house and concentrate on work. I feel a bit guilty about it but I suppose I am helping the economy in employing someone else (it's a firm so its not black economy).

Apart from that I cook most meals from scratch, handle the washing and ironing and make sure that the kitchen is clean every night and the rest of the house relatively tidy.

I agree with whoever said that we wash clothes much more often than we used to.
  • theladsmum
    Options
    Working 3 days a week, I also do ALL housework (although hubby seems to be realising that may not be totally fair! Have noticed a little bit more assistance lately),

Do as much prep in an evening for the next day as possible - clothes out for DSs and myself, bags ready, breakfast stuff out on the kitchen table.

Tidy up as I go along through the beginning of the week, but if not, oh well, it waits for my days off. Then I blitz the chores, wash and dry, do the grocery shopping.

Try to have an empty laundy basket and no ironing by Sunday evening. Helped by the fact that I keep ironing to the bare minimum.

So long as things are hygienic and everyone has what they need, I'm happy.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    bonnie wrote: »
    I've decided to get back into oldstyle, but where do you find the energy. I suffer from arthiritis and asthma and just doing the housework as me huffing and puffing.
    I need to start by getting up by at least 7 to do breakfast and walk dd3 to school, but where did our grandmas get the energy from to walk everywhere, shop every day, wash by hand, iron everything and make food from scratch.
    What are your routines.

Lists, lists and lists work for me :D I keep them as word documents on my computer (meal plan, housework, shopping list, etc etc) and update throughout the day. I also keep a small notebook about my person at all times to note down things that come into my head ;)

Have you tried the Old Style Flylady thread - this week's is here. It has a lot of chat, but I ignore that and post my list of To Do amd Done, and I as least feel that someone's interested :o

I'll add this to the existing thread on housework routines to keep ideas together ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • mudgekin
    mudgekin Posts: 514 Forumite
    Options
    I guess I also feel a bit guilty. I look round about and think omg my house is a shambles. DH is the untidiest man on this planet but since thats really all I can fault him with I can live with that. I have back problems and fairly significant leg weakness so that sometimes leaves me exhausted.

I leave the house at 5.45 each day and get home around 5.30pm and DH works the same kind of hours so by the time I get home, start dinner, eat it, wash up and sit and relax it seems that it is time for bath and bed :o

Weekends seem to be spent shopping and trying to keep at least the rooms that visitors see tidy, our bedroom is a shambles at the moment and I so want to have a blitz. I just don't have the energy.

I admire you guys so much for being so organised and for keeping such tidy homes. Im sure you would be horrified at mine sometimes :p
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    I have no set routine as such as :(
    I work every other weekend and have one day off each week ( this day changes weekly!).:confused:
    My shifts vary between 6.45am -10pm depending on when I am duty manager.
    Holidays are banned for Bank holidays and peak seasons eg Easter and Christm
    Days off tend to be catch up times for housework, shopping and dentist, opticians,library, phone calls, cooking etc:( therefore the most important tasks get done
    The garden is in disarray, the front lawn is covered in dandelions and there are dust bunnies under my bed I noticed last night.:eek:
    Sadly with the threat of more redundancies at the store I work in, I am having to do overtime on my days and weekends off to try and keep my job!:(
    If only I had the time to actually sleep haha, it appears my daily routine consists of lack of sleep, stress and more stress!

"This time next year Rodney we'll be millionaires!"
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • HockeyDuo8083
    Options
    Crikey!

When OH is offshore, little or no cleaning gets down.Very naughty as then have to do one MASS cleaning operation before he returns!lol

7.30am Alarm goes off
    7.45am Get out of bed, shower and have brekkie
    8am Get dressed, do hair/make up and try and look presentable
    8.30am Leave for Work
    8.50am arrive at work
    5.30pm Leave work
    5.50pm Arrive home
    6pm Cook food, put on WM and eat
    7pm Fill DW and watch tv, hang washing up.
    10pm Bed

When OH is here..

7.30am Alarm goes off, snuggle and then wrench self out of bed for shower
    7.45am Get back in bed with brekkie
    8am Get dressed & do hair/make up
    8.30am Leave for office
    5.30pm leave office
    5.50pm Get home
    6pm Eat meal OH has lovingly prepared
    7pm Iron anything that needs it. load DW
    7.30pm Watch film with OH
    10pm Bed

2 nights a week I have hockey training and usually have 2 games at weekend so WM is on every single night!
    Spreading the gospel that is Martin Lewis to the future generation....I'm a Home Economics Teacher and being thrifty is the way!:A
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrsMortenHarket realises what a lazy moo-bag she is!
    Same here. Well I am not really but I don't have kids or a partner or a house to run so not as much to do as the rest of the good folks on here..No cooking,cleaning. homework, washing, making lunches etc to do:rolleyes:

Almost wish i had tho cos it does lead to severe boredom when I am not lucky enough to be in work and a lot of solitude/loneliness.

I think you are all amazing but I do think that it isnt really necessary to clean every room every day etc..I have noticed some people for example do that kinda thing or hoover every day etc..
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • DitaBombita
    Options
    I get sod all done during the week really - I leave home at 7.15am and get back at 6pm - have 1.5 hour lunch break but cant really leave site so use the gym there. Have sports practise on a Tues and Sun evening too. Often put the WM on over night then hang out before I go to work. Slow Cooker often prepped night before for meal when I get in, Do batch cooking on Sat morning for freezer and maybe one night a week. - soups and bread for work and meals for tea. Cleaning only really gets done on a weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure