Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have been busy today. Trip to homebase for shower caddy, sandpaper, paintbrushes and more rubble sacks. Mr S for birthday cards and few bits we needed. Also called at dun3lm but the lamp we wanted was out of stock. Arranged to have windows measured for blinds on Thursday (a local company) so popped there to choose the style so dh isn't left with the decision making whilst I'm at work! Liaised with carpet fitters and carpet being fitted tomorrow and the bed should be arriving in the afternoon! Dh and his friend are going to buy the supplies for utility room on Wednesday and i think that's being fitted at the weekend!

Tomorrow's plan is do a fasted workout then after breakfast make a start on cleaning every window and door inside! Have a company calling in the afternoon to quote for outside. Some are filthy due to the building work and i want my house to be shiny!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 11 April 2017 at 10:57AM
    Options
    Just having a quick browse on here having breakfast whilst watching HUTH. The children are playing hide and seek :)

First load of bedding washed and on the line, the second is in the machine. Workout done and feel like I've got my exercise mojo back. It does help having extra days off though!

90p Tilly tidy this morning and hopefully a NSD. Days off are affecting the budget lately but it is house spending rather than just being wasteful. Dh working overtime today and possibly a really long shift on Monday which will be double time. We don't have plans so not a big problem as well still have lots of family time the rest of the week.

Carpet fitters due around lunchtime then it's all systems go to move dd's furniture in there. Bed is due to arrive later on today.

I best start on those windows!
  • CathT
    Options
    Morning, last working day if the week for me and hopefully lots of you. I think I could strike the balance if i only worked 2 days a week! :rotfl:

Some of our topsoil has been collected by a neighbour and more due to be picked up at the weekend. Have messaged the builders as our sink is leaking.

Chest x-ray is clear :) but unfortunately I'm still having worrying lung pain. If I've still got it next week I'll make an appointment to see the gp i saw last time.

Had a panic dash to our local c0-0p yesterday for Easter eggs as was worried everywhere would be selling out. We had a £2 off £10 voucher i also wanted to put to good use. £8 spent in total and got 2 large eggs and a big basket of eggs to do an Easter egg hunt. Hopefully we can do that on Saturday morning when dh will be here. I thought it would feel strange not going away this year as we have been away the last 3 Easter weekends but think i'm being spurred on by our countdown to Spain and keeping an eye on the weather forecast.

Best get ready for work, have a good day everyone!
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    edited 15 April 2017 at 7:46AM
    Options
    Thanks debt free, you too.

What a busy morning! Did a 30 minute workout first thing, then DD had piano so ds and i went on a walk to pass the time whilst we waited. Straight on to @ldi from there which was heaving! Fortunately the children were really good and we got around here with just a few kicks and telling tales between them! Am so glad we bought a new American style fridge freezer as there's loads of space left even after doing a big shop.

Dh has been to buy the supplies for the utility room (being fitted tomorrow) but he's rang to say they need to wait for a delivery date! :mad: i am a planner so definitely not impressed by this! £702 spent so not bad and certainly a lot cheaper than the quite we had from the kitchen company. :j

Bought some daffodils from @ldi so have arranged them with so e fresh cut flowers from the garden so have a lovely Spring display now. Rain forecast for this afternoon so don't think we will venture out again today. I'm predicting some baking and a film :)
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    You've definitely been busy. Does your DH still get a three day weekend? (I find it's the best part of Easter. OH is working today and tomorrow and I'm working tomorrow but we are still getting two days off together! Our only ones for April)

Baking and a film sounds like a lovely afternoon. :)
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Baking and chill out does indeed sound lovely!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    edited 15 April 2017 at 8:02AM
    Options
    Hi Michelle, he is entitled to the 3 day weekend but is working Monday as the company are really busy and it's double time. He was going to do a carboot sale tomorrow but it's not looking likely as rain is forecast.
    Thanks debt free :)

I regained control of the utility room. Store rang to say they could deliver Thursday (we are both at work) but in fact everything was ready in store to be collected. That's what i thought the original plan was! I asked on good old bookface for a man and a van and it was delivered to us within 2 hours of me taking charge! He only charged us £20 as well which i thought was really fair. The store realised they'd overcharged us for something when dh went back so in total we have paid £621 for the units etc, £20 delivery and £100 fitting. Bargain!! :j

It's now being done on Monday which means i have Tuesday to sort all the cupboards out as working Wednesday and Thursday.
    Bit annoyed at myself as I've totally lost track of my backpay and appear to have frittered about £900 of it. :eek:

Off out today for an Easter egg hunt at our local NT property. I'm trying to motivate myself to do a workout as had wine last night and need to try and get my body back into fat burning mode! I've downloaded an app to check progress and it tells me I can get to target just before our holiday!! :D
  • CathT
    edited 16 April 2017 at 7:37AM
    Options
    Another busy day! I've barely sat down all day and as a results have already done almost 12,500 steps. We went to a NT property this morning which we all enjoyed. It was busy and here was such a lovely atmosphere. 2 loads of washing line dried and just finished off in the tumble dryer. I've also packed up a lot of stuff to take to the car boot sale (likely to be next week now) and then had to go into town to get grass seed (again!) and popped into m*s around 3pm to catch their reductions. Got some couscous and chopped butternut squash and roasted veg. Will do a rissotto tomorrow with the butternut squash. I parked quite far from town so i could do some extra steps and it was worth it. Also managed a 30 minute hiit and weights session this morning :j

Ds's bedroom also reorganised and we need to sort through his toys tomorrow and rearrange some furniture. Grass seed put down on front lawn but it's really compacted and i struggled to rake it so hope it works! Had to pop to Mr S to get more seed (none there so ended up in h0mebase) but got some bargainous bread and teacakes from Mr S. The freezer is now full! Also picked up two pairs of trousers for myself for which i felt guilty as find it hard as a mum to spend money on myself. They were 25% off though and only cost about £20 for both pairs. Also got DD some school summer dresses ready for the warmer weather.

Rain is forecast tomorrow but a rainy day snuggled up reading a book is sounding rather appealing!
  • CathT
    edited 16 April 2017 at 4:59PM
    Options
    We've had a really productive day so far. It's amazing what we can achieve when we don't go out for the day.

We have sorted out 3 bedrooms today, clothes swapped over for dd and ds and found some suitable for the car boot sale. Also managed to put away bags of clothes we have for both of them in the next size. Found lots of clothes suitable for our holiday aswell so won't need to do much holiday shopping. Ds's toys condensed and all his smaller figures are in one basket and everything else on his shelving unit or on top of his cupboard. It looks so much better. We have moved a unit out of our bedroom and managed to turn our bed around which suits the room better and means it's easier to get in the wardrobe!
    The snug is filling up nicely with items for sale and we have garden toys to add to that too. Be nice if we made £50 profit next week :)

Took the children to the park to play football and I've almost hit my step count for the day. Think I've found myself a new fitness activity!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback