Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Options
    But what an achievement when it's complete :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Exciting if dusty day then ....
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds like everything is going well. :)

£161 on food and petrol, not sure how this is possible but well done. :) By this time of the month we've usually spent £250-300 on petrol and £150-200 on food. :o
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is minimal dust :j

There were at least 5 builders here when I got home from work - couldn't only get into my living room so it was a rough headcount! They achieved soso much in one day. Wall down, steel in, dust gone and they cleaned the drive! We can really visualise the space now and think it looks amazing! Need to plan how I will look from kitchen angle and then from new part angle as it extends around the corner. Basically we are really happy with it!

£100 gift card from m*s has arrived earlier than expected. Another one should be here in a few days for the other account.

Plan for today

Chase up joiner who was meant to be here an hour ago
    Ds swimming lessons (dh is taking him)
    Fill in 2 passport forms
    Ask friend of dh to sign passport photo
    Sort out kitchen as moved everything for building work
    Email piano tutor
    Cinema with dd
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    edited 17 October 2016 at 6:35AM
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

£100 gift card from m*s has arrived earlier than expected. Another one should be here in a few days for the other account. the other one arrived! Think me way use if for home furnishings rather than food!

Plan for today

Chase up joiner who was meant to be here an hour ago done, someone be here Tuesday
    Ds swimming lessons (dh is taking him) done
    Fill in 2 passport forms
    Ask friend of dh to sign passport photo
    Sort out kitchen as moved everything for building workwork done
    Email piano tutortutor done
    Cinema with dd
    done, think I loved the film more than dd!

I'm now at the point of the weekend where I'm completely exhausted! I've had a proper coffee (that I'd bought for the builders, hoping it will perk me up) watched dd at her first foortball match this morning. She was man of the match along with her teammate :)

Had a productive few visits to Mr s, they had emailed me about bonus points per £10 spend so dh got fuel yesterday (buy we realised it doesn't work on pay at the pump). Filled up with fuel a few times and split my top up shop into 2 transactions and earned us 7000 points! That was worth the effort :j

Water bill has arrived and I was a bit shocked at the cost until I realised that was for a 6 month period, its now a measured bill which is better.

Plan on relaxing for the rest if the day,anything not done will have to stay that way. I had my blood results back from the gp last week and have a ferritin level of 5! Explains my exhaustion!
  • CathT
    Options
    Not much happening this week as we are in the final days before payday. However, plan has been made and on paper we have surplus income! :rotfl:

Over the weekend i treated myself to an ornament from next I've wanted for a while and even bought a cheaper alternative in the sale. What's that saying? 'Pay cheap, pay twice?' Its now sat looking lovely on the living room windowsill and dh sold a £20 giftcard to me for £15! Item was £10 cheaoer than i thought too so I think I've had a bargain!

Made a risotto yesterday as discovered a box of risottorice and we used up items in the firdge. I just extravagantly purchased some pre-chopped butternut squash! Also roasted a chicken which we will use for meals this week. Access to the kitchen may be limited so need to plan ahead.

Taking a few days off next week as it's half term here, I cannot wait! Just hoping for fine and dry weather as the actual extension should have started then and garden be out of bounds!

Still lots of my weekend to do list to do. Will try and chip away at it but that's not looking too promising during the working week!
  • CathT
    Options
    I always feel better once Monday is out if the way :)

Amazing progress from our builders yesterday! Although the roofer and joiner started last week this is only the second day of builders. So far the have knocked down a supporting wall, put in steels, fitted spotlights in new room and built partition to create the snug! They are starting the extension tomorrow! So far its not impacting on the household and I just go to work, come home after builders have left and just et to see the progress with no mess to clean up.

I am super impressed!!

£5 top up shop, dh extravagantly spent 99p on a drink for ds!

I took dd to the 3nt3rtainer at the weekend to spend a birthday voucher and all I could think when I saw the toys/games was 'what a lot of money for mostly rubbish!' Dd chose a magic set and colouring pens. I had a quick look at board games and have always wanted trivial pursuit. Bought it off a local selling page yesterday for £4 and collected it from near dd piano lessons.

2 days until payday, plodding productively!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Amazing progress from our builders yesterday! Although the roofer and joiner started last week this is only the second day of builders. So far the have knocked down a supporting wall, put in steels, fitted spotlights in new room and built partition to create the snug! They are starting the extension tomorrow! So far its not impacting on the household and I just go to work, come home after builders have left and just et to see the progress with no mess to clean up.
    That *is* amazing :beer:
    2 days until payday, plodding productively!
    I love that :j
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • CathT
    Options
    Payday for dh. Wages might be wrong but will know more when he gets his payslip. Transfer done to m*s so we get a £10 top up on gift card this month. Will do the rest of the mkneyshufflr over the next couple of days.

17p Tilly tidy.

So glad its almost the end of the week. I'm on day 2 of an unpleasant headache.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the headache clears up soon cath, not surprised you have one with all that's going on at the moment!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback