🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• frugalfrog
    frugalfrog Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if we'd need scaffolding, the ceilings are very high so the roof is scarily high, didn't like watching oh up a ladder when we had blocked guttering last year.

great news you are nearing the 5 figure mortgage, can't wait for that to happen to me. Aim is to get there before end of current fixed deal, 3 years to go (with a LOT of work!)
    Mtg May 2011 - £127,500/825610% CC - £2211/2211Argos Card 0% - £253.95/208.95
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    frugalfrog wrote: »
    Not sure if we'd need scaffolding, the ceilings are very high so the roof is scarily high, didn't like watching oh up a ladder when we had blocked guttering last year.

great news you are nearing the 5 figure mortgage, can't wait for that to happen to me. Aim is to get there before end of current fixed deal, 3 years to go (with a LOT of work!)

I'm sure you will get there :)

Just realised from my signature that we have paid £20k off the mortgage in 3 years which I am really please with. :j

We are hoping to get the drive done next month so I need to find the rest of the funds. I have £1000 already so need to find £1700. I'm sure I can do it. :D Acquired an Aldi voucher which will save us money and plan to save on food shopping overall. Also selling a few large toys etc on local selling sites.

This decluttering is never ending! (or I am doing it too slowly ;))
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Ald* food shop done, £49 for a good trolley full after the voucher. Did not include wine though, hoping DH will purchase out of his personal spends! :D

Have pottered in the garden during DS's naptime and fed and watered raised beds, weeded patio and tidied old pots etc.Also planted some more lettuce seeds, I did think I bought some but not on receipt or in shopping bags but found a pack from the last lot of planting. Obviously small packets of seeds cannot withstand the whirlwind of cashiers launching shopping off the conveyor belt!

Have topped up drive way savings and will add in a bit more tomorrow when DH gets paid, am hoping he has done some overtime!

Other than my shifts completely clashing with the big Wimbledon matches :( everything is good! :j
  • CathT
    edited 7 July 2013 at 8:13AM
    Options
    I am planning a good day! Have been up since 4:15am with DS so have managed to catch up on sorting the house after working two 12 hour shifts. So glad to be off today! :j

Going to spend a few hours at our local NT property and then play/potter in the garden and watch the tennis final. :D Might buy a sand/water table for the children so will try and have a look if anywhere has any in stock and buy it first thing.

There have to be some perks of getting up at dawn! :D
  • fothers365
    fothers365 Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    My youngest dd gets up at that sort of hour too and has for more than a year:eek: but at least I have normally accomplished a load of tasks by the time the rest of the world gets up!:cool:
    Jan 2013-£140,231.65
    Jan 2014-£120,081.94
  • frugalfrog
    frugalfrog Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    When my dd gets up at that time at the moment I struggle to get up off sofa for a couple of hours! But then I have the excuse of being 36 weeks pregnant :)
    Mtg May 2011 - £127,500/825610% CC - £2211/2211Argos Card 0% - £253.95/208.95
  • wantabetterlife
    wantabetterlife Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I couldn't imagine getting up at that hour of the morning..i think around seven is bad enough :rotfl:. Am looking forward to the tennis final too :D. Enjoy your day off Cath.
    Credit card £4461.15Home mortgage £137117Buy to let mortgage £83,000
  • CathT
    Options
    Where does the time go???

Have had a busy couple of weeks waiting for some news which I have finally had! I am going back to university in September to retrain! I am really excited about this and my future career :T
    My wage will continue to be paid at the same rate but without weekend pay but as I've not taken into account my incremental rises for the last couple of years we should be no worse off as have always budgeted for a lower amount and paid any extra off mortgage. I knew there was a lot of sense in overpaying!

Additionally, DH payrise isn't taken into account with our budget so we should manage just fine. The only issue is going to be paying for 5 days childcare for DS but we will manage - I hope!

We may have to slow down on the OP's after September but I am fine with that as we will be sub 100k then which is a really important milestone for me to hit. :)

I do really want to get the garden tidied up and have decking or new patio. This gorgeous weather has meat we have spent a lot of time outside and although the garden is okay, I'd like it to be fantastic! :D
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooh Cath that's exciting. What are you going to retrain to do?
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • CathT
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    Oooh Cath that's exciting. What are you going to retrain to do?

Working in public health - I can't wait to start! :j

I finally have a run of days off and the sun has disappeared! I feel like have worked through most of the heatwave :(

Payday this week so can put some more money to one side for the drive. Looking forward to having it done as the front of the house will be transformed and I have bought some rather lovely solar lights I want to put out there.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure