We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Liver recipe needed

1…456810

Comments

  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Liver and bacon is my favourite dish. Even as a child, I loved it!
    If you want to reduce the flavour a bit, soak it in milk for half an hour before cokking.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!



  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks to everyone. With all due respect to good old liver & onions and liver & bacon, I rather fancy doing some pate. As I said above, I've now got a hand blender so I can make this sort of thing again, and 400g of pate should go quite a way.

    Mmm, a nice, coarse liver pate on hot, buttered (not burnt & scraped!) toast. Well, if I want some, I'd better get my *rs* into gear. No-one's going to make it for me.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Stephen,

    Prompted by your thread this morning, I made some lambs liver pate for lunch today. It took about 20 minutes to make....it's delicious and the kids loved it too! :j I had 526g of liver and it made one margarine tub full for the fridge and two for the freezer.

    Thanks :beer:

    Pink
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi Stephen,

    Prompted by your thread this morning, I made some lambs liver pate for lunch today. It took about 20 minutes to make....it's delicious and the kids loved it too! :j I had 526g of liver and it made one margarine tub full for the fridge and two for the freezer.

    Thanks :beer:

    Pink

    I just love it when things like this happen on here. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

    What makes me think that the "pink-winged fledglings" would have turned their "beaks" up at a piece of liver.

    Pate does seem to offer the greatest "added volume" and, when you consider how much a little bit costs, "added value".

    On a slight aside, who else just likes the feel of raw liver?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,635 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    On a slight aside, who else just likes the feel of raw liver?


    Errrmmm.........not me. _pale_ That was the worst bit! ;):D

    Pink
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Is economical is very good for you. Packed with protein and vit B12.:j I wonder how long it will take for liver [and guinness] to be declaired officially good for you once again? Liver recipes welcomed.
  • sonnythecat
    sonnythecat Posts: 131 Forumite
    sorry to be childish but yeeeeeeeuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    mind you I used to think that about sprouts and now I can't get enough of 'em

    Which is the mildest tasting liver? Calves? Lambs?

    If someone can come up with a liver lite recipe I'll give it a go lol
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Lambs liver is milder tasting than pigs liver and both are readily available at most supermarkets.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

    ......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • concerned43
    concerned43 Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I love liver and have eaten it since childhood - love it with onions and jersey royal potatoes smothered in butter
  • northern_star
    northern_star Posts: 434 Forumite
    It's really good value for money if you like it (which fortunately we do). I bought some pigs liver yesterday costing the princely sum of 35p, cut it up and made a casserole with an onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3 carrots (past their best), a handful of red lentils and a stock cube. It made enough for 2 adults, and i've blitzed the leftovers for soup for my lunch today. It was delicious and soooooo cheap.


    'Live simply so that others may simply live'
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.