PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Liver recipe needed

Options

Comments

• hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Liver and bacon is my favourite dish. Even as a child, I loved it!
    If you want to reduce the flavour a bit, soak it in milk for half an hour before cokking.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. With all due respect to good old liver & onions and liver & bacon, I rather fancy doing some pate. As I said above, I've now got a hand blender so I can make this sort of thing again, and 400g of pate should go quite a way.

Mmm, a nice, coarse liver pate on hot, buttered (not burnt & scraped!) toast. Well, if I want some, I'd better get my *rs* into gear. No-one's going to make it for me.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Stephen,

Prompted by your thread this morning, I made some lambs liver pate for lunch today. It took about 20 minutes to make....it's delicious and the kids loved it too! :j I had 526g of liver and it made one margarine tub full for the fridge and two for the freezer.

Pink
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Stephen,

Prompted by your thread this morning, I made some lambs liver pate for lunch today. It took about 20 minutes to make....it's delicious and the kids loved it too! :j I had 526g of liver and it made one margarine tub full for the fridge and two for the freezer.

Pink

I just love it when things like this happen on here. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

What makes me think that the "pink-winged fledglings" would have turned their "beaks" up at a piece of liver.

Pate does seem to offer the greatest "added volume" and, when you consider how much a little bit costs, "added value".

On a slight aside, who else just likes the feel of raw liver?
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    On a slight aside, who else just likes the feel of raw liver?

Errrmmm.........not me. _pale_ That was the worst bit! ;):D

Pink
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Is economical is very good for you. Packed with protein and vit B12.:j I wonder how long it will take for liver [and guinness] to be declaired officially good for you once again? Liver recipes welcomed.
  • sonnythecat
    sonnythecat Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    sorry to be childish but yeeeeeeeuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    mind you I used to think that about sprouts and now I can't get enough of 'em

Which is the mildest tasting liver? Calves? Lambs?

If someone can come up with a liver lite recipe I'll give it a go lol
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    Lambs liver is milder tasting than pigs liver and both are readily available at most supermarkets.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • concerned43
    concerned43 Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love liver and have eaten it since childhood - love it with onions and jersey royal potatoes smothered in butter
  • northern_star
    northern_star Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    It's really good value for money if you like it (which fortunately we do). I bought some pigs liver yesterday costing the princely sum of 35p, cut it up and made a casserole with an onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3 carrots (past their best), a handful of red lentils and a stock cube. It made enough for 2 adults, and i've blitzed the leftovers for soup for my lunch today. It was delicious and soooooo cheap.

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport