PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Liver recipe needed

Options

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are liver recipes in the Slow Cooker Recipe Index and the Old Style Recipe Collection too.

You can find them in our "Indexed Collections" sticky at the top of the forum listing, or you can follow the clue in my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Blue Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

pagetop.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I find the only way to make liver edible is to casserole it very slowly with onions and bacon. New zealand frozen lambs liver is supposed to have fewer nasties in as the sheep are virtually free range and the atmosphere is less polluted.

Try making pate as well - most recipes call for quite a lot of liver and you can't taste it so much in a pate
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Thankyou for all your replies. I will definitely try the recepies given here and on the index. Pate may be a good way to go actually, didn't think of that nor did i think of spinach. I did pick some lambs liver up in Tesco's today which was on some kind of offer so it was half price, gotta eat it now lol wish me luck but thanks once again :A :T
  • Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know if chicken liver had the same kind of iron levels but just in case it does.....

Chicken liver pate

pack or two of liver
    1 onion
    clove of chopped garlic
    splosh white wine or brandy
    tablespoon or two of double cream

Remove sinews from livers
    fry a chopped onion in butter and oil
    add livers and fry a little
    add chopped garlic
    add salt and pepper
    add a splosh of brandy or white wine
    cook a little longer
    add a tablespoon of cream and liquidise
    pour into an oven dish and bake for 10 mins
    put in fridge overnight

eat with melba toast (make toast then split with a sharp breadknife and toast the insides until they curl)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Jay-Jay_4
    Jay-Jay_4 Posts: 7,351 Forumite
    Options
    Also.....drinking fresh orange juice with meals helps you absorb iron ;)
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• Turning_into_scrooge
    Options
    Thats one of the problems i have is that for some reason i have problems eating fruit, didn't used to, these days i seem to heave on it as i'm trying to swallow_pale_. I'm so sorry if i've just turned anyones stomach. I shall certainly try the juice. Thanks for your posts :A
  • Str4berr3
    Str4berr3 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    mmmm!!! I. LOVE. LIVER. Gimmee gimmee more ricipes!!!!!!! :j
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Will three thousand eight hundred and ten do you?

Click Here

:)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Str4berr3
    Str4berr3 Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    :D
    Thanx Squeaky!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income