Natural Hair Dye for grey hair

Options
167891012»

Comments

• fordmanchester
    Options
    Time to resurrect this thread , as it was started many years ago

Especially re: Sage And Rosemary "tea" post very early on in this thread.

Did anyone try it and did it work?

am curious , before I spend hours steeping my hair in herb tea!!!!

Hi graspandsave

Glad you resurrected this thread.

About 5 years ago I tried using the sage rinse on my hair for a few months. It perhaps softened the greys by staining them an extremely pale brown, but the results weren't dramatic at all.

I then moved on to using "Logona Natural Hair Dye powders" and I posted about them in this thread. Three years later I am still using them and still really pleased with the results.

Best wishes

fordmanchester
  • roses
    roses Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gilberty wrote: »
    I used Daniel Field hair colours for years and they were great. I bought them thinking they were natural dyes, then I looked at the ingredient list. The darker ones contain PPDs, the same hair dye pigment that is used in products that don't market themselves as natural. There are a lot of natural ingredients in them but thats not the stuff that dyes your hair. Its still a chemical hair dye.

I've just started dying my hair & was looking for a (relatively) chemical free dye.

There are two brands called Daniel Field available. One is the original which is PPD free, ammonia free and hydrogen peroxide free. This is only available from two websites:

http://www.danielfieldmailorder.co.uk/
    http://www.honestycosmetics.co.uk/

Then there are a number of other "Daniel Field" dyes which have PPD. These are a "copy" after Daniel Field lost his trade mark.

I tried the original Daniel Field about 2-3 weeks ago. My greys have started to re-appear and the colour fade. Also my hair is falling a bit more than it did before. I'm going to try another brand next time, will look into the Logona Natural Hair Dye.
  • graspandsave
    graspandsave Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    great constructive replies MSE-ers

I don't think I will bother with the sage/rosemary - even though we've got tons growing in the garden, far more than for our culinary needs.

I think I'll go down the Logona route, don't really want to be re-colouring every 2-3 weeks if I can help it.

Please keep your experiences/products and results comments coming
  • nervousandready
    Options
    I highly recommend this product. Get it mail order for discount - be careful because there are two websites that claim to be Daniel Field. When the greys started to show and I couldn't afford the salon, I recently found Daniel Field and have been beyond delighted. I use the palest soft gold blonde, which colours the greys but doesn't nothing to my base colour, so I end up with natural looking highlights - instead of being silver they are now gold. Really can't recommend this enough. I get a similar effect to highlights for a fraction of the cost, and can do it at home easily.
    It doesn't smell, has no nasty chemicals and is as far as I am concerned a 'wonder' product.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure