Natural Hair Dye for grey hair

Options

Comments

• Gilberty
    Options
    sandieb wrote: »
    I can thoroughly recommend Daniel Field Natural Colours - Watercolour. This is non-peroxide, non ammonia hair colour. I've been using it for several years now.

The lovely thing about it is that it doesn't smell!

I normally phone to order mine and the service is friendly and VERY efficient.

I used Daniel Field hair colours for years and they were great. I bought them thinking they were natural dyes, then I looked at the ingredient list. The darker ones contain PPDs, the same hair dye pigment that is used in products that don't market themselves as natural. There are a lot of natural ingredients in them but thats not the stuff that dyes your hair. Its still a chemical hair dye.
  • Paula25
    Options
    I can recommend Colourwell. This is 100% natural hair dye. I have tried Dark chestnut bown. I love the colour and my hair shines again.
  • Redhenna_Rose
    Options
    Re the comment "Henna itself is very dangerous and contains chemicals that, in the worst case, can kill you. Para-phenylendiamine (which is in henna) is banned in some countries because it is so dangerous."

Paraphenylendiamine does NOT occur in henna. It is sometimes added to it. Not the same thing. But, good to warn people about dangerous additives.
  • adamstewart5989
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Hi all, my prespective about fighting from grey hair problems is by taking iron and copper rich food very because without proper diet you can’t be able to achieve healthy hairs. Also there is another way, if people uses both the ways simultaneously I am sure results would be better. Grey hair treatment tackles the problem of grey hair without dying, it’s like one of the natural remedies for grey hair. It is very effective with hairs and it does not smell nasty like others[/FONT]:T
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What is the other way apart from diet?
  • Silver_Girl
    Options
    Many so called natural hair dyes, even those sold in health food shops, are not really natural but contain 95% chemicals including the worse allergen you can get in hair dyes: p-phenylenediamine (PPD) which can make people very ill indeed. Genuinely natural hair dyes are based on henna. If it is not based on henna and it says it is permanent and available in a wide range of colours then it is not really natural but full of chemicals. I use the It's Pure Organics range of hair dyes which are really natural and 100% organic and certified by the Soil Association. They are really good at covering grey, better than Lush, especially the Dark Brown. You can buy them on Amazon or at suvarna.co.uk or in a shop in London called the Waterloo Body Shop.
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Options
    First post?

Spam?

The jury's out.
  • graspandsave
    graspandsave Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    Time to resurrect this thread , as it was started many years ago

Especially re: Sage And Rosemary "tea" post very early on in this thread.

Did anyone try it and did it work?

am curious , before I spend hours steeping my hair in herb tea!!!!
  • graspandsave
    graspandsave Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Hi all, my prespective about fighting from grey hair problems is by taking iron and copper rich food very because without proper diet you can’t be able to achieve healthy hairs. Also there is another way, if people uses both the ways simultaneously I am sure results would be better. Grey hair treatment tackles the problem of grey hair without dying, it’s like one of the natural remedies for grey hair. It is very effective with hairs and it does not smell nasty like others[/FONT]:T

could you please explain what you mean by this , thank you
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Options
    Seakay wrote: »
    What is the other way apart from diet?
    Call me picky but I think neither the appearance nor the smell of a mixture of Spam and bullsh!t is likely to be too successful or attractive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure