That was scary; now to tackle the remaining mortgage

Options

Comments

• teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh yes and we did an OP of £520 - the £20 was from me :o and the rest from OH. We are now on £32129 so hope to be in the twenties in the next few months :j
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aww, hope puss is ok :(

Exciting about the mortgage soon to be in the twenties :j I'm not sure about making any more OPs at the moment as things are a bit up in the air here.
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    teapot, you've gone very quiet, hope everything is ok with you?? :(
  • teapot2
    Options
    :hello: hello,am still here thanks for asking PP. been a bit of a slacker website wise. Am on holiday from work although not going away and seem to have gone into chilling out mode a bit and not been keeping up :o.

Have thought about posting which is not a lot of good unless you are psychic :rotfl::rotfl:

Am back to work on Mon though :p so will need to get my act together. Will post properly soon and do a catch up.

Hope everone is ok and surviving the rain x
  • teapot2
    Options
    Right have given myself a shake and a slap and will try to write a coherent post :D. I keep forgetting what day it is - thats the trouble with not being at work, have been convinced all day that its Friday.

Well, had a birthday a couple of weeks ago and a very nice day with some lovely pressies but the years seem to be hurtling by - how did that happen :o.

Not done much on the OP front as we need to get a new boiler, have had one quote and will get another quote at the end of next week, thats booked in. Looks like it will be the best part of 2.5k before any scrappage back so we need to get that together before doing any OPs. However, with the regular mortgage payment coming out we're at £31,500ish.

Someone on a motor bike went into the back of OH's car which was stationary in traffic - the guy admitted liability so its being repaired and all costs to be covered by his insurance. No one was hurt which was good but its the shock and inconvenience of it all. Also bit of a scary day to take car into city for repair as there was flooding last weekend on the bypass but he made it back ok with courtesy car.

Had sis round the other day for tea as it was her b'day too and cooked a fish curry [never tried it before] was very yum and OH liked it too so might make that again as got chillis and ginger etc left over. Also made lemon cheesecake which was double yum and there is some left in the fridge [possibly not for long :rotfl:]. Might try to last a few days with what I can find in the freezer and cupboards rather than go shopping. Definitely stuff to make a nice pasta sauce, risotto and that fish curry. Also some frozen chicken thighs and other bits and pieces that OH can have.

Been doing fairly ok on Amazon these last few weeks especially seeing as I haven't listed much new stock. Was going to have a cull of the bigger clunkers that too uneconomical to post while I was off - have I done that.... eh... no :o.

Got a cheque today for June work from one job so will take that to the PO tomorrow. I've also got a tiny bit more work come in which will help but need to try and build it up a bit more as well. OH is going to apply for a job he's seen which he is well qualified and experienced to do. Its only 2 days a week though so it would be about half the money he's on now. However he wouldn't have all the travelling he does and it would hopefully be more hands on and less admin. Think we could manage on less but it would be squeaky however at least we've bashed the mortgage quite a bit which would help.

The birds are going mad for food at the moment - am filling the seed feeder twice a day and putting out 2 lots of food and fat balls and its all going. Lots of wee sparrows with giant babies, felt sorry for them when it was so wet, once the sun came out they all sat in a row on the fence to warm up, about 2 dozen of them - of course it soon degenerated into squabbling.

Well thats about it for now - am sure theres more and I will at some point have a comprehensive moan about the weather :rotfl:.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any chance of the fish curry recipe please? I have always fancied making it, and never have :o

Lots of hungry birds here too :(
  • teapot2
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

I got the recipe from the BBC food website;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/indianstylefishcurry_92835

Theres loads on there if you don't fancy that one! As I mentioned, I'd use less coconut and more tomatoes as the sauce was very thick. OH doesn't like spicy food but this was fine for him and he's asked for it again :D. I only added half a chilli and didn't use curry leaves as I only had dried ones in the cupboard.

I've got an old mixer and used it to grate everything including the coconut otherwise I think it might be a faff to grate by hand.

Am making it tomo again and might try coconut milk or cream to see how that works - will report back.

Really cold here today, fingers are freezing and I've got my big jumper on. Need to go out and do some weeding :eek:.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely try that :j
  • teapot2
    Options
    Made fish curry again and used coconut cream which made the sauce much more liquid - in fact so liquid I had to reduce it down but that was fine and it was delish again. Made Eton mess for after and it was all yummy. There was quite a bit of rice left over so next day I made special fried rice for OH which he really enjoyed.

I went back to work on Monday which took bit of getting used to - there are more road closures and different bus diversions to get used to, oh joy will the tram works never end :mad:.

Weather yesterday was the pits, I was working in two different venues and I think I got wet 5 times! On my way to the station the rain was so heavy it was running off the bottom of my jacket and into my trousers - most unpleasant. In the end I was so wet I gave up and went for a coffee at [EMAIL="Pr@t"]Pr@t[/EMAIL] just to get out of the weather. I used the warm air dryer in the loo to dry off a bit and warm up. I had to wait 1.5 hours for the next train but I just couldn't bear to get any wetter. Today was much better weather wise and only light showers in comparison and even a bit of sun.

We've got 2nd person coming round tomo to give us a quote for a new boiler so will see what he says. No OPs still - waiting to see what boiler will cost.

Had a couple of decent sales on Amazon which is good and another one to post tomorrow.

Made chicken thighs, veg and tatties for OH which will do him for 2 days.

Been doing OnePll surveys but losing the will to live - takes sooooo long to build up :o am I seeking instant gratification? :rotfl:
  • pink_poppy
    Options
    I think the trick with 0nep0ll is to not keep looking at your balance every day!! Honestly, just keep plugging away at the surveys & maybe look every week or so, that's what I do & it doesn't seem so bad that way ;)

Did you try Valued 0pini0ns?? They're pretty good & only £10 for a voucher payout with surveys of between 50p - £2.00 usually.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport