How much have/will you spend today Wed 20/9?

Options

Comments

• moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Looking at your end thread part - saying how much you owed and how much so far paid off - can i just say congratulations!!!!!!

I'm not far off what you owe myself, and you should be proud of yourself for doing so well!!!!!

:T :T :T :T :beer:

Thank you very much! :beer: I am very proud of myself and if I can do it, anyone can. All I did was cut down outgoings and focused on throwing as much as possible at my debts - including the odd pound/pence left in my currect account the day before payday. You can do it too ;)
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • moozie_2
    moozie_2 Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lynsayjane wrote:
    i'm aiming for a no spend day. shall leave my purse at home to make sure i don't fall into temptation for chocolate.

moozie do your local paper not have a website? mine does and they have a jobs page all the time so rather than wait for the weekly suppliment you can check for ew ones on a daily basis, also saving you money everyday! oh and try https://www.jobcentreplus.com they do searches based on your area and you don't need to be a jobseeker to use it.

Many thanks for taking the time to share this information. I will be researching this evening as there HAS to be a better job for me out there :rolleyes:

Thank you :T
    Leason learnt :beer:
  • balbs
    balbs Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Centre Parcs
    1. take own bikes if poss
    2. Dont buy food or drink from their own outlets
    3. The pool is 'free'
    4. Look at activities that are paid for before you go - the ones you pay for regard as treats - it is your hols... but stick to them and plan your time.
    5. Enjoy!
  • WelshWoofer
    Options
    Another NSD as I'm still abroad on business and taken care of on expenses.
    :j
  • Mrs(no)money
    Options
    noggin wrote:
    we are going to centre parcs in cumbria-there are two adults a 3year old and a baby. any suggestions as to how much we should allow ourselves? its quite an expensive place for anyone whos not been.
    any suggestions would be helpful as if it were up to me wed prob take (and therefore spend) way too much. i was thinking about £50??? if we dont spend it we can bring it home and put it in our "lanzarote fund 2007" tin.
    any ideas?

nog x

Yes, Center parcs is expensive and although ive not been to Whinfell, they're all the same as far as prices are concerned.

You're definitely wise to take breakfast and lunch things and eating out is horrendously expensive, but we still do it!
    Lucianos (Italian) used to offer 'kids eat free' from 5-7pm, or something like that. I think the deal was a free kids meal with every adult eating a meal. The kids meal was a choice for first course and included a drink and ice cream so that was all they needed. I think some of the restaurants offered baby food, jars and organic, but i cant remember if these were free or not. I have a feeling they may be free because there is some law about them not being able to reheat home made food for 'hygiene' reasons!! Our kids are older now and eat adult portions so i cant say for definite if these offers still apply. If you want to go for the 5pm free meal, i would book early as it tends to get very busy with screaming kids and not enough highchairs!!

The other place thats reasonably cheap is the takeaway type place, cant remember its name and dont know if Whinfell has one. Thats just slightly more than mcdonalds, but have to say not my idea of a meal out although its ideal for kids!

Im dont know whether £50 is enough, suppose it depends on whether you want wine/beer etc. They are very expensive too! We sometimes take a bottle of wine with us to share back at the villa when the kids are in bed asleep! Costs a lot less!

Have a lovely weekend anyway and dont think too much about the cost - that's what going away is all about! :D :beer:
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • northern_star
    Options
    Hi all
    I've been really a bad DFW this morning. I needed to go to Post Office to send an Amazon sale but did I stop there? No (and now I wish I had) -

£1.70 to post parcel
    35p on birthday card and 23p on 2nd class stamp (bit of a necessity I guess)
    £3 on totally unnecessary videos in Charity Shop (sheer indulgence)
    70p on buns (totally unnecessary indulgence)
    30p on bread recipes book in CS (determined to make own bread to help DFW cause but still unnecessary)
    1.99 on reduced large fresh chicken (it will make several meals but we didn't 'need' it)
    1.50 on 3 reduced cans of Guiness (50p each! - bargain again but not essential).

So now, although it's not a huge fall off the wagon, I'm cross with myself. Will have to lock self indoors in future.

Does anyone has any will power or self-control to spare?...

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • Jesscat
    Options
    Well ive blown my weekley budget in one morning and ive still got a night in town to pay for tomorrow night :mad:
    Just spent £31.94 at the vets and they want her to go back again next week :eek: And as if that wasnt enough to put me in a bad mood, she decided to wee in her basket on the way home grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    Glad to know everyone else is doing better with their budgets!!! :D
    Debt Free Nerd 170
  • debbycatz
    Options
    Afternoon Moozie and other DFW's

My spend so far has been 65p on a bread cake and a pkt of crisps. I did make myself a sandwich at home to take to work but realised the bread was mouldy (I only bought it Monday too :( ). Anyway, I decided to be as DFW as I could be and take my sandwich filling with me and just buy a breadcake - I could have gone the whole hog and bought a sandwich but was v.good :)
  • pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    Hey moozie and other fellow DFW's I second the fact your decrease is debt is impressive!! Welldone you and a big pat on the back!!

Have currently spent £2.93 (think am suffering a redbull addiction!!) on a veggie sodage roll, salad roll and can of redbull!!That should be it for the day....I hope!
    Like the idea of throwing your surplus the day before at your debt. If i have 10p left (LOL) which would be a rarity i might just give that a go!!!

Happy saving one and all!!!
    p
    xx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    many many thanks for the advice from balbs and mrs (no) money.
    we will defo take our own bikes and wine/lager now. its an expensive place to go but with young children its quite easy i suppose-esp with the pool being free like you said balbs, well prob be spending all day in there (well be very wrinkley by monday!)
    well defo have a look at lucianos to see if we can get in on the kids for free offer.
    ill do some sums and work out how much we need, and i will let you all know on monday when we get back, how much we spent/didnt spend!

thanks for the advice guys x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport