How much have/will you spend today Wed 20/9?

Options
Good morning fellow DFWs :hello:

Another sunny day here and another good day inside. If only every day was like that eh…. :rolleyes:

I have spent 70p on a newspaper this morning. Yet another pointless search for a new job :mad: That’s it for me for today. I have my lunch with me and dinner is in the slow cooker as we speak so no need to break into that £20 that’s sitting comfortably in my purse.

I have to say this week the challenge is so much easier for me. Could that be because I have money in my account and I could use it if need be where last week I was pounds away from hitting my overdraft which nowadays is a big NO NO for me? :think:

Anyway, I am mumbling….have a great day everyone and keep it low, especially the challengers! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Moozie :kiss:
Leason learnt :beer:

Comments

• loulouloulou_2
    Options
    Hi there,

Looking at your end thread part - saying how much you owed and how much so far paid off - can i just say congratulations!!!!!!

I'm not far off what you owe myself, and you should be proud of yourself for doing so well!!!!!

:T :T :T :T :beer:
    Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
    21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
    DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j
  • bobbadog
    bobbadog Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    Options
    I intend on spending 29p on a brown roll ;)

It's the little things, eh?
  • lynsayjane
    Options
    i'm aiming for a no spend day. shall leave my purse at home to make sure i don't fall into temptation for chocolate.

moozie do your local paper not have a website? mine does and they have a jobs page all the time so rather than wait for the weekly suppliment you can check for ew ones on a daily basis, also saving you money everyday! oh and try https://www.jobcentreplus.com they do searches based on your area and you don't need to be a jobseeker to use it.
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    well i had to go to the docs and i can go back woohoo.gif so i celebration i went and brought:

£1.00 - for a new money tin that i save my 5ps and coppers in :)
    £1.20 - pasty
    £0.35 - packet of crisps for mum
    £0.70 - parcel
    total = £2.95 + 5p for my jar/tin = £3.30

weekly spend was £11 now £6.60
  • Serialdieter
    Options
    Hey everyone

It's payday today so I will be spending, but only paying bills etc. I'm not counting those as they are necessities, not my spends. iykwim.

I was planning a no spend day. Then the microwave has died,:mad: so will need to find new one. But and this is a big but, I won't be buying an all singing all dancing combo like before, cos frankly I NEVER used the grill or oven or combi bit. So I'll be having a look around for a basic microwave. Any ideas welcome.

Jx
    Debt at LBM £15231.43:eek: now £11397.43 Coming Down :D
    Snowball says DFD [strike]March[/strike] Feb 2010
    Official DFW Nerd No: 218 ;)

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • sazzler
    Options
    did a bad thing this morning and i was running late so had to buy breakfast and bought a magazine... without even thinking.. was like a reflex! ill need to stop that!
    so that came to £2.50
    brought my lunch and dinner cos im going straight to night school so no need to spend another penny but ill maybe give myself another £1 for some soup later
    the weather is so miserable i need warmed up..
    so £3.50 my target today

:A
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    hi guys i am having a nsd today. going away for long weekend on friday so will inevitably be spending money over the weekend, so trying to keep the spends at ZERO over the next two days.
    going to give myself a limit over the weekend. we are taking food for breakfasts and lunches.
    we are going to centre parcs in cumbria-there are two adults a 3year old and a baby. any suggestions as to how much we should allow ourselves? its quite an expensive place for anyone whos not been.
    any suggestions would be helpful as if it were up to me wed prob take (and therefore spend) way too much. i was thinking about £50??? if we dont spend it we can bring it home and put it in our "lanzarote fund 2007" tin.
    any ideas?

nog x
  • Mrs(no)money
    Options
    Hi everybody:wave:

I've been out and about this morning whilst the washing machine has been busy and i spent

Oranges 36p
    Apples 46p
    bananas 74p
    Cottage cheese 99p (how much ?!:eek: )
    Travel sweets 90p

Total £3.45

Not too bad and well within the £20 limit this week. :D Next week it will all go to pot tho as i am off on hols - yipee!:rotfl:

Have a good day everyone:D
    Experience is the toughest teacher because she gives the test first then the lesson
    DFW Nerd 196 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS.
    Coins found whilst dog walking £7.56 Sun-Fri challenge: £10.00 - Spent £0.00
  • sweetpeas_2
    Options
    tut tut sazzler -£3.50 a day is £24.5 a week, which is £98 a month!
    im soon to talk, i like my magazines too! but not buying one this week as money too tight. had 80p in my purse all week and its still there now :T

be strong tomorrow sazzler!!! and me too :)
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Can't help with Centre Parcs, I'm afraid.......but No Spend Day so far..
    Overpay!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport