We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

virgin upped my apr to 27.9 !!!!!

Options
i have a virgin credit card and have recieved a letter today saying my apr has changed from october from 15.9 to 27.9!!!!!!!

you know what they can do with there card they can shove it!!!!!

ill just transfer the balance !!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• loulouloulou_2
    Options
    Hi there..

This exact same thing happened to me with Virgin a few days ago!!!

They changed my APR and i didnt even recieve a letter!!! It was 0% for the year, then 15.9% then they upped it to 24.9%!! i only looked as my friend was trying to sort her debts and was astounded her card APR was 19.9%!

I rang them a few days ago, saying they can shove it and im not paying it, so they lowered my rate back down to 16.9% - how do they justify it?!?!?

I would receommend you phone them, i went through to the number at the bottom of my un-easy to read statement, the MBNA number, it seems they're more helpful than the actual Virgin number... although i would warn you - you'll be on hold for a while!

Good luck!!!!!
    Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
    21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
    DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j
  • BONJOEY
    Options
    i have just phoned and they have lowered it from 27.9 to 20.9????

still gonna transfer balance
  • loulouloulou_2
    Options
    I dont blame you - they're a bunch of stealing ********

I'm going to try to pay it off as soon as possible!!

Its hard to see how they can justify it all!

Sainsburys are doing a good card at the moment which is something like 5.9% for the life of your balance, so i guess if theres alot to transfer then it helps for the life of the balance!!

Hope this helps:beer:
    Joined September 2006: £18800.00 in debt:eek:
    21/11/06 - £16953.04, :eek:
    DFD - Sept 2009:T proud to be dealing with my debt

:j £2 coin saving club: 21/11/06 £0:j
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We all have interesting ways of dealing with things. Morgan Stanley have increased mine from 17.9% to 23.9%. I can't be bothered to call them up and ask to lower it again, but I'm writing to them telling them I'm just going to pay it off at the end of next month and close it unless they give me a 0% deal. Which I will have no hesitation in doing.
  • BONJOEY
    Options
    good luck boss xxx
  • Gordon_the_Moron
    Options
    Indeed, I doubt they'll do it but if they don't get a 0% card somewhere else, you're no worse off either way.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • serpico
    serpico Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin are MBNA the masters of Bait, Twirl and Switch the oldest trick in the book used by expert hucksters and loan sharks.
  • BONJOEY
    BONJOEY Posts: 819 Forumite
    Options
    i have now transferred the balance, ( well it takes up to 10 days) ill see what they have to say when i close the account!!!!
  • sdj25
    sdj25 Posts: 278 Forumite
    Options
    serpico wrote:
    Virgin are MBNA the masters of Bait, Twirl and Switch the oldest trick in the book used by expert hucksters and loan sharks.

BONJOEY - how long have you had your Virgin card ?
  • BONJOEY
    BONJOEY Posts: 819 Forumite
    Options
    aprox 2 years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business