Competitions Discussion Thread Part 12

Options

Comments

• Rainey_LB
    Rainey_LB Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    Options
    I'm can't answer your question, this a link to the Comps discussion thread, you might have more luck there.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2661307&page=19
    :hello:
  • ziggycj
    ziggycj Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2010 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Thanks to whoever moves it. I dont know how to.

Where is the ITV comp thread???
  • jeffy22
    jeffy22 Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When you win a comp do they send you a letter? or does a prize just arrive? or do they send you an email and you have to respond? I have a separate email i use just for comps but i get so many emails a day i just check the title.. is that enough? or are do i need to check each individual email?

what email titles have you had for wins?
    sieze the carp
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 October 2010 at 2:11AM
    Options
    It really does vary.Some promotors send a letter/email then the prize arrives.Some may ring you up.
    Others can just post the prize out with no documentation.
    I have filters on my email account to try & spot emails with keywords such as win,prize,winner,congratulations but some slip through.
  • zray
    zray Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    HI all! Don't really come on here but wondered if anyone else sometimes feel like they are obsessed with comps and money saving? I ask this because I just found a empty beer can outside and as soon as I saw a comp on it I picked it up and washed it out and imagined it was a good omen only to see the comp ended 31/08! I'm sure my obsession is because we all like the idea of a big cash win or free holiday but also cos of the credit crunch- think that's why so many newbies are on the boards now (welcome of course:) ) Anyway know a lot of people just see it as a fun hobby but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and whether it just gets likes this when you don't win for a while? I feel better for writing that down so hope no-one is about to tell me I need an intervention! Good luck to all anyway and hope the regulars on this thread don't mind my little visit:)
  • kevroberts66
    Options
    the system will not allow you to enter more than 5 times.. so you are safe and need not worry.. After you try it will come up with ' you have reached your limit' or words to that effect
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    does anyone know why myvouchercodes can't be posted on here? It's not on the spam list? Same with loveoffers I guess?
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 September 2010 at 7:22PM
    Options
    zray wrote: »
    wondered if anyone else sometimes feel like they are obsessed with comps and money saving?

I think that I am obsessed with both. I am skint at the moment, because my OH is out of work. I do comps because its a hobby that doesn't cost anything and I might win prizes that I cannot afford to buy and tickets for events that I would not otherwise be able to afford to go to.

I look out for comps in shops and am often disappointed if I go into tesco or somewhere and see I sign that I think says "win" only to find out it says "wine".

Another "hobby" of mine is to go round car boot sales and I think its great when I come home with some bargains.
  • CompBunny
    CompBunny Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Options
    zray wrote: »
    HI all! Don't really come on here but wondered if anyone else sometimes feel like they are obsessed with comps and money saving? I ask this because I just found a empty beer can outside and as soon as I saw a comp on it I picked it up and washed it out and imagined it was a good omen only to see the comp ended 31/08! I'm sure my obsession is because we all like the idea of a big cash win or free holiday but also cos of the credit crunch- think that's why so many newbies are on the boards now (welcome of course:) ) Anyway know a lot of people just see it as a fun hobby but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and whether it just gets likes this when you don't win for a while? I feel better for writing that down so hope no-one is about to tell me I need an intervention! Good luck to all anyway and hope the regulars on this thread don't mind my little visit:)

Absolutely - not with comping for me, but for a few years I've lurked the rest of the site (old style, up your income, budgeting etc) and invariable come away feeling inadequate, yet kept coming back! Then it goes into everyday life - you know you are on way too much when lots of your sentences start with "I read on MSE...".:eek:

I have now made an account, limit myself just to comping in a mechanical fashion, and half an hour a day on other threads.
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215
    Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72

Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• zray
    zray Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for the replies- you really made me laugh and I'm so glad its not just me! Have to admit all I ever say is ' I read on mse ...too! Plus cant believe how many times I've told off my OH for not saving a comp label or not abiding by some money saving 'rule'! Well guess I can forego that intervention!?!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure