Competitions Discussion Thread Part 12

Options

Comments

• sally2489
    sally2489 Posts: 1,558 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cmcconnell wrote: »
    question : now we have the enter button ... do people find they are being 'thanked' less?? ( i always make a point of clicking thanks and enter still)

I have found that people have been thanking less anyway, but even more so since the enter button...I don't see how people can enter, but not thank. You wouldn't be entering the comp if it wasn't posted. Its so annoying.
    toniq wrote: »
    the views used to be approx 3 times as many as the thanks xxx So if the comp had 300 views u would approx see 100 thanks xxx

I've noticed that too...it doesn't take much effort to click one button to show you're appreciation for a comp you've entered.
    *gets off soapbox*:o
  • Rahven
    Rahven Posts: 4,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 7 September 2010 at 3:11PM
    Options
    Am I being an idiot?

I enter comps by end date (I know, I can imagine people shaking their heads already :D ) and when I search for 09/09 I get 12 pages of posts that have 09 in the title, not 09/09. I have also tried "09/09" but get the same - 12 pages of September comps. EDIT - Gah, just noticed this bit was posted last page - apologies - still not quite sure what I'm meant to do though :( Re-edit - I think I get it now!

Also whilst I'm here :) Is it possible to get more than 300 results - so if it's a very busy comp day and has 12 pages + can I see the ones that are missed off the end or nay?

I enter by comp end date as I never seem to have enough time to get up-to-date with what's actually on here, despite making several efforts to enter as they come in, I always seem to revert back :S
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    I thank each one I open and read and press enter too even if i've not entered so I know i've already looked at it, a bit daft I know but it helps me so I know not to look at that particular comp again.

i do exactly the same, especially for comps ending next month etc (rather than tomorrow).
    sid77 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for the entrants who don't know a news reporter
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8374716.Get_your_votes_in_to_help_woman_win_holiday/

i cant get that page to load but i wouldnt have a clue who current news reporters are, (i remember katie aide but doubt she is still about lol) i have neither tv channels nor radio and do not touch (let alone buy) newspapers if it can be avoided in any way.
    krailton wrote: »
    Is anyone else still got a tick missing from the 1st post at the top of each page, all the other ticks are showing except the 1st post at the top of each page? :) x

yep mine is the same still
  • purplecatlover
    Options
    Rahven wrote: »
    Am I being an idiot?

I enter comps by end date (I know, I can imagine people shaking their heads already :D ) and when I search for 09/09 I get 12 pages of posts that have 09 in the title, not 09/09. I have also tried "09/09" but get the same - 12 pages of September comps. EDIT - Gah, just noticed this bit was posted last page - apologies - still not quite sure what I'm meant to do though :( Re-edit - I think I get it now!

Also whilst I'm here :) Is it possible to get more than 300 results - so if it's a very busy comp day and has 12 pages + can I see the ones that are missed off the end or nay?

I enter by comp end date as I never seem to have enough time to get up-to-date with what's actually on here, despite making several efforts to enter as they come in, I always seem to revert back :S

i enter by end date by using the end date view button which lists them in order from E 01/01 to E 31/12 (when sorted by asending rather than default of descending).

once you have clicked end date view, near bottom of main page are options boxes to sort them in asending/descending and also to show x numbe rof posts or posts from date. i have it set to show all and from the beginning and i get 200 + pages of comps.

i then click throuhg pages to the relevant number so today i will look for start of E 08/08 and work through them.

hth
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    i then click throuhg pages to the relevant number so today i will look for start of E 08/08 and work through them.

You might do better looking for E 08/09 ;)

Good Luck :)
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is it just me but does deleting posts after people have entered seem a bit off?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2711769
  • Barnabysue
    Options
    weeowen67 wrote: »
    Is it just me but does deleting posts after people have entered seem a bit off?
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2711769

Definitely not helpful, but hopefully as it's a TV comp they won't allow more entries?

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • DistortedVision
    Options
    Changing the subject.....

I've had four email receipts for competition entries in the last week that say they were deleted without being read. This has really annoyed me and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
  • Barnabysue
    Options
    Once they've picked a winner at random, why would they need to read the others?

• DistortedVision
    Options
    These were for competitons which hadn't ended yet. Besides, how would they know I had the right answer if they hadn't even read my email?
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Once they've picked a winner at random, why would they need to read the others?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure