Insert Image box not working

Options
torbrex
torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
I am unable to post pictures as the Insert Image box just comes up 'Not Found'

Comments

• espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    I am unable to post pictures as the Insert Image box just comes up 'Not Found'

4pnq4b6.jpg

Works fine for me!
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 August 2010 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Doesn't work for me either :(

imagenotfound.jpg

Edit: Same applies to 'insert email link' button
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Works fine in Firefox.

Doesn't work in IE8.

As shown by Premier, I'm getting a 404 on:

[noparse]http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/clientscript/ieprompt.php?[/noparse]

when trying with IE.

The name of that file suggests that it's one that is only called for the add image dialogue when you are using an Internet Explorer based browser.

If it is really is missing from the server (or being looked for in the wrong place), then that would explain things.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Premier wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me either :(

imagenotfound.jpg

Edit: Same applies to 'insert email link' button

Exactly the same problem here and it's very annoying not to be able to post photos. I have had this as an intermittent problem in the past, but usually on the second or third attempt it has functioned ... not this time though, it is totally broken and no matter how many repeated attempts I make I always get the 404 error message up.

Using IE8 here and I did wonder if one of the recent MS Updates had introduced the problem, but all other websites seem to be working just fine so I'm back to believing this is an MSE website problem.

Please, would admin look into this urgently?
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    Options
    PigDanielleSmith_060526110811295_wideweb__300x227.jpg

Working for me. I use Firefox. :D
  • espresso
    Options
    Oblivion wrote: »
    Exactly the same problem here and it's very annoying not to be able to post photos. I have had this as an intermittent problem in the past, but usually on the second or third attempt it has functioned ... not this time though, it is totally broken and no matter how many repeated attempts I make I always get the 404 error message up.

Using IE8 here and I did wonder if one of the recent MS Updates had introduced the problem, but all other websites seem to be working just fine so I'm back to believing this is an MSE website problem.

Please, would admin look into this urgently?

You can still easily post photos etc. without the box.

Simply add image tags to the path to the hosted picture e.g.

path to server hosting the picture

or use an alternative browser.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • fermi
    Options
    espresso wrote: »

Yep. Very easy really. :)

For those who are having trouble....... The same goes for adding links, [email] links and practically any other type of post formatting.

You can input the [/email]B code to do those manually, and in doing so you bypass the pop-up dialogue that doesn't seem to be working in IE8 etc.

There is a full list of codes and how to use them here:

---> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Oblivion
    Oblivion Posts: 20,248 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

I have already tried that but for some reason that technique does not work with the URLs to my images on Pbase. I don't know why, but they won't display.

or use an alternative browser.

I really don't want to clog up my PC with a second browser when IE8 works so well on all the other websites I visit. I see this as an MSE problem and I hope they get it sorted soon!
    ... Dave
    Happily retired and enjoying my 14th year of leisure
    I am cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
    Bring me sunshine in your smile
  • fermi
    Options
    I have already tried that but for some reason that technique does not work with the URLs to my images on Pbase. I don't know why, but they won't display.

Can you post up the plain link to the image in question? Just the plain text url in a post.

I'm curious as to why it won't work with the tags?  The dialogue is actually just a way of doing the tags without having to know how they work.

• espresso
    Options

Well all that the image box that pops up does is to append the hosted picture path with tags.

Try using another hosting site e.g www.tinypic.com which provides a link for you to copy & paste into forums, websites etc.

The problem will obviously be fixed soon but it is not a major issue for most users!

I really don't want to clog up my PC with a second browser when IE8 works so well on all the other websites I visit. I see this as an MSE problem and I hope they get it sorted soon!

Adding another browser does not clog up your PC. You don't know what you are missing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure