to maria or not to maria... xmas question?

Options

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    but what if you dont prove your mum wrong and she still thinks your gifts have not ben good enough.

IN all fairness if my mum thought my gifts were habitually pants, Id spend LESS not MORE if she chooses to be ungrateful thats her luck out innit.

But then you know how harsh I can be LOL
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    emmzi, i havent got a couple hundred spare.. i have but it could go in my savings... this is going to top it now... she doesnt know but i have enough to pay off her debt, but i dont want to do it :confused: is that harsh... i gave up loads of things to be debt free and now 80% of my wages are saved, i love my mum to bits and everything but i think i will make it teh easy way out for her...

deb thats why i want to do it, a few years ago there was dancing on ice down here and i got her tickets for her birthday £60 for 2 and mums oh paid for himself, and she really really enjoyed it, i just want to help her do the things she couldnt/hasnt...
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    lynz she is greatfull, she just shows more intrest in my sisters gifts... its prob because i get her 'useable stuff' very dfw (ie toleitries) or things she will use and maybe she thinks thats not good :confused: i just want to please everyone again :rotfl:
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you are, with the best of motives, trying too hard. If she does not go - she will get over it. If your sister wishes to pay for it, then your sister should be made aware of your mum's wider financial situation. Perhaps you should try to get your sister on board with you and maybe two heads may be better than one in making your mum see reality.
    Sorry and I know you only want the best for your mum.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • hula-hoops
    Options
    Have you checked the price of the matinee tickets? It's usually much cheaper to go to a Wednesday or Saturday matinee.
    [FONT=&quot]I am a Travel Agent [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My company’s ATOL/ABTA numbers are E7760/3970. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. Atol numbers can be checked with the Civil Aviation Authority. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.[/FONT]
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    rog i prob am, but i just want to make everyone happy...

hula hopps, thansk for your imput, the matinee tickets are cheaper but they only have seats right at the back left...
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Id leave it.

I completely understadn why you wont pay off your mums debts fpor her, and quite rightly too, you learned a very valuable lesson by being here. She needs to learn it too.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    However you are going to buy a Xmas present for her anyway. How much do you normally spend on her. It may be that the ticket wont cost much more than that. Could you speak to her OH and say what you plan and ask if he could pay for his ticket to help out and keep it a surprise.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    Thats only one ticket im talking about.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    He may even pay for the accomodation as part of the present.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure