Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• federer
    federer Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how did you get to the price of 65 pounds for BT vision. Iv tried going on their website but cannot seem spec up a price may have to ringthem
    Bingo.

5 minute phonecall to Sky reduced the cost of my tel. line rental, eve & weekend calls, unlimited broadband, HD subscription, Sky Sports & Sky movies from £86 to £64.75/month for the next nine months without adding a tie-in.

Said i was going to leave to go to BT vision which was £65 so they dropped there's to below it.
  • opan
    opan Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I completed a year with sky on 53 a month (call, unltd broadband +HD pack (no movies or sports)...called them saying i can't afford it as got married recently...they offered me 27.50 for 9 months (no contract), though removed my HD pack..i gladly took the offer as I can re-subscribe to HD pack online for only 20ish for a year (3 months free + 90 for 9 months, less 50 M&S voucher less cash back of 25 from tcb)
  • buckfast67uk
    Options
    federer wrote: »
    how did you get to the price of 65 pounds for BT vision. Iv tried going on their website but cannot seem spec up a price may have to ringthem

It could be that broadband is cheaper in my exchange than yours, who knows?

The package i specced up on BT was

BT Vision TV unlimited (the one that gives you "free" ESPN)
    Sky Sports 1 & 2
    Telephone line rental
    Evening and weekend calls
    Broadband unlimited

That came to £65.30 p/m

I didn't check it thoroughly though and it may have included a discount for the first few months for all i know.

Either way Sky didn't demand proof, i just quoted £65 and they agreed to beat it.
  • dane-katie
    dane-katie Posts: 961 Forumite
    Options
    Phoned sky, BB/LL/Calls/TV runs out in a month, and i was offered! nothing! god so annoying going to ring back in a little bit see if someone else answers.
    Is a Bipolar bear :p
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    They wont offer you much unless you give them your 30 days notice. Then wait and they will call you back.

Otherwise you are just bluffing (as you were otherwise you would have given them your 30 days).
  • dane-katie
    dane-katie Posts: 961 Forumite
    Options
    Ahh i just rang them back and they offered me my LL for £1 for 12 months, instead of £12.25 a month and half price HD for 12 months no additional contract.

It runs out on the 20th July (thought it was this month) i will ring up on the 20th of this month, cancel and see if i get a phone call from them, knowing my luck they wont ring me haha
    Is a Bipolar bear :p
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Wen I gave my 30 days notice the guy couldnt offer any deals at the time but said not to be surprised if I started getting phone calls nearer to the cut off date.

As I suspected, a few weeks later I started getting a lot of missed calls from SKY and when they called and I was in offered me a deal.

Unfortunately the system seems to have messed up my cancellation request so I need to call back and sort that out.

Early May = called to cancel TV package and HD pack (both on 1/2 price for 12 months offer).
    Early June = Call from winback/retentions who offered me TV back at 1/2 price for 12 months but no HD pack (fine as I didnt use it anyway).

The system then seemed to wipe my HD cancellation request when the new offer was put on and billed me a month in advance for the HD pack. I have been told that this will be sorted out next month as the original request is still showing otherwise it will be another phone call.
  • StuC75
    StuC75 Posts: 2,065 Forumite
    Options
    dane-katie wrote: »
    Ahh i just rang them back and they offered me my LL for £1 for 12 months, instead of £12.25 a month and half price HD for 12 months no additional contract.

It runs out on the 20th July (thought it was this month) i will ring up on the 20th of this month, cancel and see if i get a phone call from them, knowing my luck they wont ring me haha

Same, got the HD for £5,, and LL £1 a month - on bband unlimited & entertainment extra so total price is now £37.50 amonth

Had been looking to order the Sky Fibre until it was confirmed as 40mb dl & only 2mb Ul -- which I didnt feel was worth £12.50 extra a month..
  • rayhool
    rayhool Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I cancelled my Sky TV subscription and was cut off mid may, I rang back a day later to turn my Sky+ on for £10 per month. Do any of you Sky Insiders think I will be offered anything or because I am signed up for Sky+ will no offers be coming my way?
  • StuC75
    StuC75 Posts: 2,065 Forumite
    Options
    We also now have sky fibre pro which is up to 70

It wasn't offered by the broadband team when I was on the phone about 20mins ago (when cancelled my order placed yesterday).. and is only for completely New Customers to sky broadband..

co-incidentally BT Infinity on my line would offer 71mb dl, 19mb ul on my line - keep trying to mentally justify this step in price--

e.g. Now paying all in £8.50 per month for 12 months for Land Line (E&W Calls) and BBand unlimited where have 13.4mb dl & 700k ul.

Or BT Infinity where can get the above speed (71/19) for 20 (3months then 26) plus line rental of £14 odd each month, or 129 to pay 12 months in one..

in fact now Ive put that down 'in writing' it seems harder to justify 'in moneysaving' terms...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure