Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• rayhool
    rayhool Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After quite a few years of being on some kind of offer from sky I recently came to the end of a 12 month half price deal and after giving my months notice no offer was forthcoming. I rang back the day after disconnection to get them to turn my sky+ back on for £10 per month, so it looks like after a good run the offers have finally ended!
  • valleyboy2012
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just thought I'd share with you how easy it was to get an upgrade on Virgin Media... after reading on here I thought I would have stood no chance but 30 minutes on the phone yesterday and I got what I wanted
    :)

I have been with Virgin Media for the last 11 months, and was due to finish my 12 month contract in mid-June... so I called to cancel my account in the hope i'd get a bit more for my money (around £49 per month I currently pay)

Large - TV with V+ box

Large - Cable broadband
    Medium - Phone (weekend calls free)

After threating to leave and migrate my services to Sky... I came away with

* 500gb TiVo box

* XL TV
    * My old box moved into the bedroom
    * Large broadband
    * Free evening and weekend calls
    * Free install (£49.99 for TiVo box)
    * 12 month contract

for £59 a month...... So very chuffed!

Suggest you do the same if your due for an upgrade or contract renewal
  • Phreaky
    Phreaky Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just thought I'd share with you how easy it was to get an upgrade on Virgin Media... after reading on here I thought I would have stood no chance but 30 minutes on the phone yesterday and I got what I wanted
    :)

I have been with Virgin Media for the last 11 months, and was due to finish my 12 month contract in mid-June... so I called to cancel my account in the hope i'd get a bit more for my money (around £49 per month I currently pay)

Large - TV with V+ box

Large - Cable broadband

* 500gb TiVo box

* XL TV
    * Large broadband
    * 12 month contract

Isn't that just the Premiere package at standard pricing? You should have gotten much more than that if you were out of contract.
  • xman
    xman Posts: 95 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    storrie wrote: »
    Now in my 31 days cancellation period it's a Mexican stand off see if they'll offer me anything better

They will call you! :beer:
  • madjock1
    madjock1 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    In response to this I would add that there is no gaurantee of the so called half price deal that people here are telling everyone about infact it does NOT exisit ny longer a better wy to get the best price is to be honest look at what you use and if it is unaffordable cut your cloth to suit your means
  • stepp
    stepp Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all

Just thought I'd share with you how easy it was to get an upgrade on Virgin Media... after reading on here I thought I would have stood no chance but 30 minutes on the phone yesterday and I got what I wanted :)

Large - TV with V+ box
    Large - Cable broadband

* 500gb TiVo box
    * XL TV
    * Large broadband
    * 12 month contract

Thats not that good really, you have no movies or sports, so add those onto your package at will probably end up around the 90 quid mark (vip package ) only the vip has 100meg BB, movies sports in HD and unlimited calls anytime. lol

No offense but there isnt anything that is great about the deal they have given you.
  • T4LFR
    T4LFR Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    I tried (last week) the old threaten to cancel hoping for a discount on my monthly sky bill (had a few discounts in my time), but to no avail this time, just offered to reduce my package it I wished. :-( so canceled anyway hoping that the might call me up and offer me a discount! So how long do I get to cancel my cancellation (if the call doesn't come), if that makes sense. Thanks...
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can call them up the day before its due to be disconnected and tell them you changed your mind.
  • wayne77
    wayne77 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I currently have a Sky+ box with the entertainment extra package as well as Sky Sports and ESPN. I have been a Sky customer for years and would like to know if I can get an HD box without having to take out a ubscription to HD.?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There will be some on Ebay. Not sure why you would want it though if you arent planning to get the HD pack as well...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure