I need advice/pregnancy experiences, symptoms etc

Options
Hi,

Please move to the right board if this isn't the correct place to post.

I need some advice. I'm usually as regular as clockwork always come on exactly 28 days from the first day of my last period.

My boyfriend and i haven't been using contraception as we had spoke about it and figured that if a baby happens then great.

I am now 5 days late. I have felt sick and very tired for the past 3 days but i have no other symptoms except that i'm alot more erm.... wet, down there :o .

I done a test (one i bought off ebay, early detection thing) on thursday and it was negative.

I have spoken with my mum about this and she told me that when she was expecting me and my brothers, her home tests showed neg results (actually with me, she didn't realise i was there till 5 months into pregnancy because even the drs said she wasn't).

I would love it if i am but am worried about the neg result.

Any advice, thoughts, experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Counting_Pennies_2
    Options
    All you can do is keep taking the tests.

It is very possible for your body to convince itself it is pregnant, so just try to relax and take a test every few days, it will eventually show up.

If not period comes in the next week perhaps go to the chemist, as they can often do a test for you which can sometimes be more accurate
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tests at the GP surgery/family planning clinic are free, maybe make yourself an appointment and discuss with them ? You can also explain your concerns over the fact your mother tested negative for so long aswell.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • amipregnant
    Options
    Yeah, thats a good point. I'll get a appointment down there asap. Thanks.
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Let us know how you get on, I also had the test results muck up with my oldest child, finding out for definate when I was over 5 monhts pregnant and him being born less than 2 months later left very little time for preparation. The midwife who I dealt with at the hospital said that if all other symptoms were showing like the morning sickness after 6 weeks etc I should have been offered more than just constant urine tests and they should have done a scan/bloods
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if still concerned and have done negative test-speak to gp,you can get another urine test done by the gps-and they can take get a blood test taken to check the hormone levels in your blood to confirm it.

good luck
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
  • amipregnant
    Options
    Could the wetness/discharge i'm getting mean anything? Its literally as though someone has turned a tap on....Its not very comfortable and very unusual :o

Thanks for all your comments. I will let you know one way or the other.
  • Liney_2
    Liney_2 Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My first test was negative, I only did a second one as I was about to start the following months fertility treatment and didn't want to take drugs on top of being pregant which had happend once before (long story) so I repeated the test and was totally shocked (but overjoyed) to see it go positive - I still didn't believe it.

I'd say please go and see your GP asap. Discharge does increase when pregnant well it did with me, your hormones go all over the place. But best to get it confirmed either way officially, so you can stop worrying.

Good luck hun
    x.
    [size=-2]Remember its nice to be nice and its good to share!

Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind!

Before printing, think about the environment![/size]
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/handouts/vaginal_discharge.html

Some info on there for you, might explain more, but that is something else you would need to discuss with a GP.
  • amipregnant
    Options
    I think i'm going to take another test today. Then monday morning if still no sign then i will make appointment with doctor.
  • amipregnant
    Options
    Test was negative. I'm still feeling really sick and have a funny taste in my mouth but i will just have to wait till monday morning now.

Thanks for all your replies. I'll let you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure