IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

RCP Parking ticket

Options
Hi
I have just read the sticky note and discussion but am still unsure if I should pay a ticket that i got today.

I was in an RCP multi story car park,it was 40p per hour, I put in £1.20 for 3 hours but it didnt like my 20p and i had no other change, so I parked there for my meeting, when I got back as almost expected i had a ticket as I was over by 35 mins. I paid £1 but the extra 20p doesnt count as half an hour I guess, and even then i was 5 mins over.

There is no machine once you are in the car park in which to get another ticket to add time, the only machine is on the entrance ramp with big "no pedestrians" signs on it.

The ticket says "civil penalty charge notice", they want £50 within 14 days and then it goes up to £80 and they start legal proceedings for the £80 plus all associated costs. They took a photo (not sure if relevant). So for 20p I couldnt pay, I am now facing £50 minimum.

It says if i want to appeal then i have to send payment and if I want a reply i must provide SAE.

Do I ignore, pay up or pay and appeal? Having to find £50 this month is gonna be tight.

Am soo annoyed but i know I will get scared if I get letters in the post threatening court action etc. You think they will accept the 20p that didnt go in machine!! lol

Thanks in advance for helping

Comments

• bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    RCP are a private company and cannot issue Penalty Charge Notices. Unless the notice was issued on behalf of a council. Ignore this and all subsequent letters from the company, debt collecting agencies and bogus solicitors. Do not call the company to make an 'appeal', it is totally futile and you will get a standard letter saying your appeal has been rejected. No doubt some of the very knowledgeable posters on this forum will be along soon to give you some very sound and trustworthy advice.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, ignore this and all subsequent begging letters. Nice of them to provide you with a free photo of the car, pity (for them) that a pic of the car does not show who is driving. Even if it did the advice would be the same.
    Ignore, ignore and then ignore some more.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    If I am correct, the scammers are guilty of criminal misrepresentation by calling their begging letter a Penalty Charge notice. Correct me if I am wrong please.
  • toria77
    toria77 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    thanks guys, I am still trawling through the post on this forum and can see that the advice is always ignore, expect letters and ignore some more.... I am just a worrier so wanted to check RCP was private and they didnt have a leg to stand on even though I was late.
    the ticket was in a lovely sticky envelope and looks very official, I am sooo thankful for this forum.

Bracing myself for letters then!
    thanks for the reassurance:p
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore it if it's private. I know who NCP are but who are RCP?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    A scamming company originally based in East Anglia. A lovely quote from their website is:
    We bring real meaning to, “have a nice day” philosophy.
    Pass the sick bucket please.
  • toria77
    toria77 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I am in east anglia, they seem to control most of the carparks where the councils arent... :o(
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    toria77 wrote: »
    I am in east anglia, they seem to control most of the carparks where the councils arent... :o(

Lucky you - free parking locally then! :T:D

TBH the more word is spread about the unenforceability of PPC invoices, the more I think how flippin stoooopid they are. People who have read and understood these threads now know they can travel the Country going to footie matches etc., always with free parking just by finding a non-clamping-signed private car park.

I never would have done that before but will now of course. :D

IMHO the PPCs deserve it, and the more we all deliberately take advantage of their free parking the more difficult it will be for the scammers to convince the retailers that they are 'solving their parking problems'. Nope, PPCs you are the cause of the parking problems in Supermarkets these days. :p
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lurking_Enforcer
    Options
    However many people advocate ignoring your financial responsibilities, think about the rights and wrongs of the situation. You didn't pay enough, so you quite rightly received a parking notice.

What would a decent person do?
  • Sir_Roger_deLodger
    Options
    However many people advocate ignoring your financial responsibilities, think about the rights and wrongs of the situation. You didn't pay enough, so you quite rightly received a parking notice.

What would a decent person do?

A decent person would not give money to scum like you. Now go away and eat some pies.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure