We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What does SKY cost per month, or options

2»

Comments

• evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 10 Posts
    macman wrote: »
    Can't understand why so many people still seem to think that Sky+ is the only way to pause/rewind/record TV.
    We have Sky+ HD in the lounge and Freesat (with recording facility) boxes in the
    bedroom and kitchen.

I find Freesat recording better than Sky.
    When recording on Sky, it records several minutes before a programme and several minutes after. Also, if there's a news break during a film (often happens on channel 5) then only the first part of the film records.
    I know, I should check before I click record but I often forget.

With Freesat, it records only seconds before the programme starts.

Freesat has never failed to record but I often have a failed on the Sky recording.

If it wasn't for hubby, (he watches Discovery) I'd cancel Sky.
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    evenasus wrote: »
    When recording on Sky, it records several minutes before a programme and several minutes after. .

Check your settings - you can change the number of minutes before and after a programme that recording starts and stops. When our box was installed the engineer set it to 2 mins before and after but we found that sometimes ran a bit late and we missed the end so we changed it ourselves to give us 5 mins, rarely have a problem now unless something significant happens to the earlier programme (like an England game going to penalties :mad: )
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.