Missy Moo's got a bit lost but with copious cups of tea, I'm finally finding my way!

Options
missymoo81
missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 30 July 2010 at 9:15PM in Debt free diaries
Hello my lovelies :j

I thought it best to start a new diary. As I have got somewhat lost on my MSE adventure and over the last few weeks my life has been turned more than a little bit upside down!!!:o:eek:

For those that don't know me I'm 28 (heading very rapidly to 29:eek:!!) Me and lovely OH got married in March, he works away every other month which is hugely rubbish, but cest le vie. I'm happy and bubbly and ridiculously silly most of the time, and absolutely full of it the rest of the time!!

And me well I have been in the military for some time but I am actually leaving, this is monsterous as I didn't think I would be able to leave until atleast next year!!!! I leave in 4 weeks!!!!:j:eek: and start a whole new job in 4 weeks and 3 days:eek: Completely crazy!!!Good news I've almost finished my first module of my OU degree (studying english as I would like to become a teacher in a few years time). And my debt now stands at about £3000 :o.

I have been drinking massive amounts of tea, which I love as it seems to cure any problem and makes me think more. :p

The hugest change will be my work hours at the moment I get up at 05.30 and leave the house at 06.30 then I don't get home until 18.30 as I have to drive nearly 50 miles each way to work so 12 hours a day out of the house!!!

But my most wonderful new job is not far at all, about a 15 minute bike ride and it's only 30 hours a week (6 hours a day) so I'm going to try doing 2 modules of my OU course at once and see how I get on. But the bestest thing is that I get to actually spend time with OH when he's home:T rather than seeing him for a couple of hours and being horrendously grumpy from being so tired, from getting up so early:o!!

Bad news with all this good is that my wages will drop by £1000 a month:eek:!!!!! which is more than half!! I would really like, No I will correct that, I really NEED to get my loan paid off by November as that is when the military stops paying me!!! And would also really like to have some savings behind me incase the pay cut is hard to handle in the first instance (I don't want much do I??!!! :D).

So basically I need to get mahoooosively and maaajorly organised in a hope that I can get myself sorted by the time my pay cut kicks in.

I hope you'll stick by me and offer some much needed support and advice along the way. I hope some of the oldies forgive me for being away for so long :o I can't do it without you.

Much love

Missy xx

p.s. will be back shortly with a cuppa and a list of things I'm GOING to change:T

Comments

• missymoo81
    edited 30 July 2010 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Ok

Am back with a glass of wine rather than a cuppa, but it is Friday afterall!!!

Right things I have changed first then I'll do a list of things I need to change.

Have changed: (thought I'd change it to a happy colour :D)

* I've sold my much loved car, it went last week, it seemed silly having two cars, when I start my new job I will be biking to work and OH's car just sits there when he's away anyway.

* I have phoned and am finally picking up my chick chicks on Sunday, so a step in the right direction to my lovely good life dream. It's more because we only eat FR eggs and it costs a fortune, where as we can sell our surplus eggs which will pay for their keep :D

* I've applied and have been told it is all going through to have my OU paid for, so one less bill (still need to chase this up though :o)

* changed to lower brand shampoo and Cond to no ill effects (I know this sounds small but for a toiletry junkie like me this is major!!)

* have successfully grown some fruit and veggies, and have more to come so will def do my veg patch next year espec as I will have more time... so excited... yes I'm fully aware I'm a saddo!! :D

* Have found a Pilates group round the corner, this is another major as I was going to join the gym again and probably never go and this way as its local I can bike to it and might even make friends too.

Hmmm that list was shorter than I thought it would be but I have lots to change:

(another happy colour but not quite so chirpy as the last one as these are still on the to do list) :D

*cancel insurance as am now on OH's one for his car.

* cancel old phone contract as am able to now.

* Pay in s*dding cheques that have been languishing in my bed side cabinet for months... years even!!!:eek:

* speak to new phone contract to lower tarrif as am not having new phone (stealing OH's old one instead!!!;))

* Find out about bike course that employer is going to pay for :T

* Speak to course people to finish application for them paying for my OU.

* Try and get a number and speak to cahoot now santander about loan amount and how soon I can pay off.

I am so happy that my new job is so close there are so many perks

*No petrol costs just upkeep of my lovely pink push bike.

*No uniform costs ( I go through tights like there is no tomorrow :o)

* I can wear whatever I want look however I want and to never feel restricted in myself again (again another major thing for me! I am the most unmilitary person you could meet!!!!:rotfl:)

*Don't need to join the gym due to the amount of exercise I'll be getting cycling to and from work. :T

Right need a plain horrid boring colour to talk about all the bad things that happened whilst I was away from MSE.

* I haven't lost any weight have been so lazy!! OH has just gone away so have 4 weeks to get into shape.

* Have spent a small fortune on work clothes, but in my defence I literally had nothing, having worn a uniform for the past 7 years, and I got it all off of ebay, and its good Next stuff so should definitely last me. But that's all done and bought now so no more expense!!!:o

* Back is still a problem and rather sore but am off the pain killers and have an MRI scan coming up in a few weeks but am finally back exercising so not all bad.

* Still hugely lazy then complain that I'm bored when OH is away, this is definitely stopping, can't be a grumpy lazy cow when I've got such a shiney happy diary and a lovely shiney happy new job now can I.

Well that's it for now, will write more when I've had a little think. Crikey sorry for rambling so much, I don't have go on don't I.:o
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

No time to write more but will come back tomorrow! Keep up, I have lots to tell you ;).
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey kavics honey

It's so nice to see you, I want all the goss!!! Will wait with bated breath.

Just reading some other diaries for inspiration, some people are so motivated it makes me look so very lazy!!!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Have learnt a few things on my time out the last few weeks/months.

do not let OH go to tesco even if it is just for a couple of bits, I kid you not £186 later!!

Do not go on ebay, ever, I do not need any more clothes, shoes, coats or anything else for that matter, the trouble is OH is just as bad!! Although he buys furniture like its going out of fashion!!.

Do things as I think of them else I'll either forget or end up being too lazy to do them anyway!

Boredom is of my own making!!
  • magicgirl
    magicgirl Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    one step at a time sweetie. you will get there however long it takes as long as you stay focussed. i find that writngthings down helps but also reading what otehrs do. easier when i am not at work in my case but work is required to pay bills so i stick with it. :P

loing teh chicka nd veg thing. i live in a flat so nigh on impossible to do either properly but am looking at ways around this. that does seem a hug pay cut but have you worked it out in real terms (ie ofsetting against what you are saving but lower cost?) be good to understand it as a whole?!
    Proud to be Member of BSC #92
    Hoping to get debt free again :wall:
    :heart2: working hard to make my daughters proud :heart2:
  • Different_Corner
    Options
    MissyMoo, love your opening post, you do sound wonderfully silly, but ever so happy about the changes that are coming, not to mention organised.
    I'd love to do the chick thing, so would my sons, but I think my mad dog would love it just that little bit too much :).

Tea, adore tea, drink far too much of it though, talking of which.......
    DC.
    "Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... " - Roger Miller
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Hey different corner, thank you hun, I'm just about to make myself another cup of tea too, trouble is I drink huuuuuge cups of it all day long!

Magicgirl I have just typed out a huge long post on all my spendings now and when i start my new job and have managed to delete it!! Fantastic, back to the drawing board I go!:o

Thanks for reading it's lovely to have some company along the way.:D
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Missy, still no time really, decisions are going to be made today, wish me luck!!! xxx will start diary very soon too, life turned upside down here as well ;) xxx
  • missymoo81
    edited 31 July 2010 at 9:00AM
    Options
    Current wages per month £1730
    Outgoings per month:
    Diesel £300 (£250 is on petrol to and from work:o)
    Bills £300 (This is paid to OH as he pays all the mortgage and the bills/food etc)
    Loan £250 (hopefully paid off by November)
    Car Insurance £25 (will cancel as am on OH's insurance)
    Phone £25 (will be paying less as not getting new phone)
    2nd Phone £25 (needs cancelling contract is up)
    OU £90 (Will be getting paid for me)

Which amounts to £1015.

Which leaves me with £715 which was going to go on paying OH back from my car which would have been £500 a month, but have parted with my much loved car. previously it has gone on paying for the wedding and for very silly spends on toiletries and clothes and nights out etc. This really gets me as I could have paid off all of my loan by now!!!! Silly Moo indeed!!!

My new wages will be about £730 per month
    Outgoings will be:
    Bills £200 (OH has been lovely enough to say that I can pay less on this)
    Diesel £50
    Phone £10

which is £260 which leaves me with £470, I would like to save £250 which leaves me with £220 which is £55 for spends each week which sounds like a lot but that is to include absolutely everything else and me and OH go out a lot when he's home so I can save the money when he's away as I go out less, so that we can have a nice time when he's home. :T

So as you can see I wont have very much at all to pay out on. But paying less on the bills etc will be a huge struggle. I will be running around like a loony making sure all the lights are off and nothing is on standby, major quick showers to lower the bills. Also really want to lower the food bill. Trick is not to let OH go shopping :D and I shall have more time to make everything from scratch and shop around:D:T

Oooh I am so excited about my new life!!:T

I've also had a look around and have found some courses started in september which I can push bike too.:D Am really going to try and not use the car whenever possible.

The courses that I want to do are Thai cooking (yum yum) Chinese Cooking (yum yum yum) dress making, pilates, there are more but I can't think of them right now.

Oooh happy Saturday everyone :D

Missy x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    oooh kavics I need to know!!!! x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing