penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Options

Comments

• carolanne_3
    Options
    Hi all. I think this is a great idea. Can someone please send me the list.
    Thanks.
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Guys have have pm you all the list!
  • sherbie28
    Options
    Do you get an electronic reply to your letters?
  • quidsinquentin
    Options
    Hi Emma

Can you PM me the list too? I've considered it before but never known how.

Cheers
    The atmosphere is currently filled with hypocrisy so thick that it could be sliced, wrapped, and sold in supermarkets for a decent price and labeled, 'Wholegrain Left-Wing, Middle-Class, Politically-Correct Organic Hypocrisy'.
  • sabina_d
    Options
    hey emma_b tried to pm you but your inbox is full! hope you get back to me! thanks...
  • horfsby1984
    Options
    Emma, sorry but your inbox is full, could you PM ME!many thanks
    Don't you just love saving!
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    hi again

the ANY SOLDIER address is justfor one unit, where they have 30 needing penpals, pls dont all write to that address ot that unit will be swamped and the others wont have any!
    i have written to any soldier address as there are 30 needing mail, and certainly some more need to aswell but not all of us

choose some addresses at random and write to them, inputas many addresses as you have time to do on the site they are then saved in your address book and you simply check them all off and write one letter (well thats what i did) to go to a few difrent ppl.

the numbers in brackets on the list men thats how many in that "unit" that would like a penpal

happy corresponding!
    lets see who is the first to get a reply !!

ps some one tell martin about this and get it on his email (or get me post of the month and fifty quid for my wedding LOL this has turned into a job for me!) my inbox is now empty again for hte 4 th time iva had soooooo many pms its fab!
  • MustStopSpending
    Options
    Can I have the list too please!!
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    er can i just also issue a word of caution, as one poster mentioned she was "conned" by one guy who was married and was hassled by his wife. Well can i just advise a word of caution when giving out personal information & home addresses...

sorry to be a party pooper cos this is a great idea & im really up for it, our troops do a fab job without a lot of recognition... but please be cautious.

loops x
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that and i want to also point out that i am simply forwarding information i received myself after i responded to a letter in the sun, like the notw one mentioned here, i presume. some ppl are pming me thinking i have set up some kind of penpal service, or its my idea, but its not, i just thought this was a good board to mention it on and spread the word really.

obviously ppl need to air on the side of caution but please dont be put off writing im sure many of the men and women out there are genuine, if some1 starts being creepy then stop writing to them!!

you do need to put your address on the ebluey site, just as you would with a written letter so ppl know where to write back to!

Em x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport