penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Options

Comments

• vikki_louise
    Options
    i've sent one (thanks to fat boy for all this help). I'm going to nominate this thead as topic of hte month
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Cheeky_2
    Options
    i've sent one (thanks to fat boy for all this help). I'm going to nominate this thead as topic of hte month
    Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt ;)

That's two votes for emma then! :D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wouldnt mind joining in here, i have far too much time on my hands for my own good.
  • cazzie_4
    Options
    Just wondered is there any way of just emailing to people without letting a stranger know your home address. thanks :)
  • spankymonkey_2
    Options
    i would love the list if someone could pm me it...thanks
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • s30jok
    s30jok Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    When we go out to "theatre" as its now called.

2 things affect morale = Mail and Food, usually the food is good so the next important thing is getting a "maily" even a bank statement can take on a whole lot of interest when you are thousands of miles away from home.

I am off to Afghanistan soon and my wife regularly sends out parcels to me (we call them RED CROSS Parcels!) just sending out a newspaper goes down a storm. But if you are feeling extravagant send out a cd with the latest music so the lads can download them to their ipods! this is the only time to relax is when you are lying in bed.

In the past i have been on the receiving end of weird emails from women sending them out to men, out of a hundred you always get about 10-15 weirdo's!!! still there are plenty of weirdos who will happily write back.

if you write via snail mail you can get reduced postal costs for sending out to either op addresses or bfpo numbers ask in your local post office.

Go ahead make a young mans/womans day write them a letter!
    Wins so Far: 21" lcd monitor, 6 day all expenses paid holiday to China, 8800GTX gfx card, 2x Panasonic cameras, 12 cups and Loads of Twix's, Coffee Lovers Hamper - Wild bean cafe. TomTom (upto value of £200) Aviva Car Insurance
  • loopy_lass
    Options
    let me ask a really dumb question.... do any of the guys have access to email? i would happily email them but have reservations about giving out my home address etc.

sorry, if i sound paranoid... but there ya go

loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • s30jok
    s30jok Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    yes in most theatres worldwide we get what is called a welfare package which gives us phone and internet called paradigm which gives us 20 minutes a week of FREE phone calls(prisoners in the UK get 40 minutes!!! how does that work?) and as much email as you want. And our laundry is done free. this package only comes up when you are in an operational war zon. You need to be 30 days in a "war zone" to qualify for a medal and various other small awards. Usually where you are operating from there is a seperate tent or building for phones and internet.

In Afghanistan there will be soon wireless internet this is provided by the americans on the base because wherever they go they really cater for their servicemen and women!

hope this helps you out
    Wins so Far: 21" lcd monitor, 6 day all expenses paid holiday to China, 8800GTX gfx card, 2x Panasonic cameras, 12 cups and Loads of Twix's, Coffee Lovers Hamper - Wild bean cafe. TomTom (upto value of £200) Aviva Car Insurance
  • asile21
    Options
    Hi,
    If anyone has the list handy i would be grateful, i think this is a great idea and would like to do my bit!!
    Thanks
    Elisa:j
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    hi

i have pmd you all that are asking for the list!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure