penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Options

Comments

• mouse_potato
    Options
    anewman wrote:
    Send them all a message to the effect of what Noel Gallagher says - http://www.itn.co.uk/news/entertainment_be763eb43fe9aaa564376f4aa0ec59b7.html

:eek:

Seems like Mr Gallagher isn't the only "ignorant" person out there :rolleyes:
  • mouse_potato
    Options
    Okay, so this is an Brit site but if there are any Americans out there (besides me)then please read:

Something very cool that Xerox is doing.. If you go to this web site, http://www.letssaythanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq.....

:T Great idea! Shame there isn't that kind of thing for UK soldiers.
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    the list we are pming out is quite dated now, please either try the link or read through the thread some put the email address on here somewhere, sorry havent got time to read through it all, but you can email "dear deidre" at the sun and you will get an upto date list

my inbox is still filling up daily so theres still big interest in this which is FAB!!

ps why do pop stars feel the need to share their thoughts they need to remember that ppl look upto them.....and their not "qualified" to pass any judgement

happy corresponding
  • Lual
    Lual Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    hi ya all

i have sent lots off but still not heard anything..has anyone else had this

take care

lucy
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lill111 wrote:
    How ignorant can one human being be?? I never liked Noel Gallagher much but after this i dislike him even more!!!

Gallagher has since come out to say he was misquoted but that he maintains his stance against the war in Iraq.
  • Verminer_2
    Options
    please send the address and i will be a penpal
  • Edna_Bucket_2
    Options
    Seakay wrote:
    Gallagher has since come out to say he was misquoted but that he maintains his stance against the war in Iraq.

Now if we had a full stop after the 4th word, that really would be news!! :D
  • Tallulah22
    Options
    Hi guys

Just wanted to bring this topic back for attention

its coming near Christmas and these guys out there wont have there family with them at this special time, so why don't you drop them a line, to make them feel less isolated and to generally boost their spirits at this time of year.

thanks x
  • mouse_potato
    Options
    Just wanted to remind everyone that the free xmas postage service ends today (8th dec)

http://www.bfpo.mod.uk/freepacketservice.htm

:rudolf: :xmassign: :rudolf:
  • navydiver_2
    Options
    A very worthwhile cause. I met my wife through Navy Pen Pals and we have now been together 20 years.

Only difference was, we had to write letters then
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport