Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 May 2014 at 9:17AM
    Options
    100 cc points for buying ebooks on Blinkbox Book must be at least £1.00 up to a maximum of 2000 CC points can be earned.

https://www.blinkboxbooks.com/
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Anglicist
    Options
    The offer is still running, but they now are giving away 75 Clubcard points.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    xannus wrote: »
    It should do as this is taken from their website and it only states that Tesco cards are excluded:

150 Clubcard points awarded when you spend £50 in a single transaction on selected gift cards in store, excluding Tesco Gift Cards and blinkbox gift cards. Points will appear on your next available Clubcard Statement.

Link:

http://www.tesco.com/giftcard/branded-gift-cards.asp

If you have a Next A/c you can use the Next gift cards to pay your bill
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • DiamondGeezer
    Options
    I have heard you can get 150 points if you buy £50store gift cards does anyone know if you buy the visa gift cards you get the 150 points..thanks..

yes but here and the t&c's

*Gift Cards can only be purchased in store - please see our Store locator for details of a store near you.
    **Excluding Tesco tyres, Tesco cards, Tesco fireworks, Tesco party and Tesco carpets.
    ***150 Clubcard points awarded when you spend £50 in a single transaction on selected gift cards in store, excluding Tesco Gift Cards and blinkbox gift cards. Points will appear on your next available Clubcard Statement.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have searched and this did not appear.
    My nearest store has been having a major refit which has caused untold chaos as things have moved several times in the store so customers look dazed!
    Since this began there has been a message on the bottom of till receipts which says " Win £1000 Tesco Gift card and collect 25 clubcard points by telling us how your trip was at www.tescoviews.com"

Maybe worth trying even if you don't get that message on your receipt. It identifies the store and you get a chance to say what you do or don't like!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • socookin
    socookin Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Katiehound -- I've given this a go
    Please check out my website cookscook.co.uk for healthy and frugal recipes :)
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,565 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    socookin wrote: »
    Thanks Katiehound -- I've given this a go

and all important Q: Did it work??
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • catwoman73
    catwoman73 Posts: 446 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Katiehound wrote: »
    and all important Q: Did it work??

I got a similar thing posted on a receipt from a visit to a Tesco Express/filling station. I filled in the survey a couple of weeks ago, but the promised 25 points haven't appeared on my clubcard account yet.

That visit was a terrible experience as well, with most of the pumps having sold out of diesel, and selfish customers blocking the pumps for 10 minutes for more by disappearing into the shop, and when I finally did get some fuel, the pump and surrounding area was covered in spilt fuel, so was dangerously slippy. I told them all this in the feedback, but they haven't sent any response.

TBH I'm done with Tesco and their Clubcard Points. I only ever use them for Pizza Express vouchers and it takes ages to get enough for a meal for two there and there are lots of other vouchers available that don't involve buying Tesco's overpriced products to get them. Most of the clubcard coupons that they send don't work, or even after the money off, the item is still more expensive than Aldi.
  • Ecky-thump
    Ecky-thump Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    That's the first downer I have ever read about Tesco points.

With all the things we buy, costing the same in our other local stores btw, the Clubcard points are very handy, exchanging them for tokens for Days Out and other events. Have you ever used the tokens?

If not then use the points vouchers along with the money off coupons you get with your statement to help pay for your shopping. What's not to like?
  • luckyduck58
    luckyduck58 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if I posted this before but did you know that you can exchange clubcard points for three times the value on the T&M site I buy all my seeds with my collected points . you still have to P&P though , here is the link as it is hard to find .

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=2280&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1736887
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure