Boosting your Tesco Clubcard Points Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• thesaver79
    thesaver79 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Ecky-thump wrote: »
    That sums it up, just about.

I sent just one, to test the system, in a Freepost envelope provided by Tesco in their store. The address given is Tesco Cancer Research UK, The Recycling Factory, Boston PE21 7TX. It's the first time I've heard of them.

Anyway, before you seal it you fill in the tear-off slip and tick the box for a donation or to have 100 points added to your Clubcard account. I ticked for the 100 points, placed the slip in with the spent cartridge, stuck it down and posted it.

No sign of the 100 points on the latest statement, so I phoned about them, and I'm still waiting for the promised return call from Tesco Clubcard. If the points are not given after so long waiting then maybe they will never be given. That's no deal!

How long ago was this?
  • Ecky-thump
    Ecky-thump Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thesaver79, I sent the cartridge off in the first week of April, and I did not record the actual date. It has been long enough to allow for the points to appear on my latest statement, which arrived online on Monday, 15 May. Not that it really matters, but when you go for an offer you do expect it to materialise! Maybe it is not working! We'll see how long they take to contact me.
  • terryw
    terryw Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ecky

I do sympathise with you but you are being a touch harsh.

You are relying on memory for the date you posted. It could have been lost in the post or stolen, Who knows?

It does take time for the empty cartridges to be processed and added to your points. Some cartridges are unsuitable for refilling and no points are added.

For what it is worth, I have sent the maximum of 100 cartridges during the current year and 91 have been credited with 100 points. The normal time from posting to crediting is just over three weeks.

Obviously, if the envelope has been lost/stolen in the post, they will never contact you.

bw
    "If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools"
    Extract from "If" by Rudyard Kipling
  • Ecky-thump
    Options
    Point taken. Not realised I was being a touch harsh, but, maybe so. Just over three weeks? Well, time is up now!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Point taken. Not realised I was being a touch harsh, but, maybe so. Just over three weeks? Well, time is up now!

Have you tried ringing the Freephone helpline for the inkjet recycling?

The Recycling Factory
    Marsh Lane
    Boston
    Lincolnshire
    PE21 7TX
    England
    Tel: +44 (0)800 091 0696
    Email: [EMAIL="info@trf-uk.com"]info@trf-uk.com[/EMAIL]

HTHs
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Ecky-thump
    Options
    Ok, will do. Thanks for that link. I didn't know of it.
    The lady on the phone at Clubcard didn't say I could do that, so, it's worth a try.
    The empty cartridge I sent was an original HP, so I don't expect it to be rejected. I wrapped it in tissue paper too to protect the envelope from tearing. As for it being lost in the post - it might well be.
  • thesaver79
    thesaver79 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    How long does it take for the Avios to appear in the account after automatic conversion?
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, will do. Thanks for that link. I didn't know of it.
    The lady on the phone at Clubcard didn't say I could do that, so, it's worth a try.
    The empty cartridge I sent was an original HP, so I don't expect it to be rejected. I wrapped it in tissue paper too to protect the envelope from tearing. As for it being lost in the post - it might well be.

It being original is irrelevant. It could easily be damaged - whether it was damaged before you put it in the envelope or while in transit.

I don't remember how long it took, but when I sent some in it took quite a while to get them credited (though of the 8 original HP I sent in, I only got credited for 7).
  • Ecky-thump
    edited 3 June 2013 at 1:26PM
    Options
    Well, that's only one short! Good going really, since they are that easily damaged.
    I sent an email and the reply was that they have not received the cartridge to add points to my Clubcard. So, maybe it is going to take a lot longer, that's life!

Edit: I have decided not to use Tesco envelopes to send my used cartridges for points. I didn't get my 100 points for the one cartridge I sent in, which is only a pound sterling in value anyway. I don't want the hassle.
  • shrewdmum
    shrewdmum Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Is there any way to get a free or cheap eurodisney break with clubcard points? or any other loyalty scheme?

Really need to take the kids to eurodisney next year for a few days, 2 adults and 2 children, we all need passports so will be on a very tight budget after paying for those!

As it is DD1s sats year it would have to be in school holidays so that will bump up the cost unless we go after the sats but would rather not take them out of school unless its essential.

There's a march break in our local travel agents for £800 but can't run to that and there's the sats!

All suggestions gratefully received, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport