Doing it for my girls and baby boy!

Options
I have had a few Diarys before on here but I have decided its time for a new one as I have been very slack on DFW journey and need some new motivation!!!
A bit of back ground - I have 4 lovely children 3 dds aged 6,3 and 15 mths and also DS who is 11 weeks now (it goes soooooo fast!!!) I am a SAHM and DH works long hrs but not really any chances of overtime at the mo. I cant really get a part time job as DHs hrs are not regular so i try to make extra money from selling things on ebay or other places and doing surveys etc. Need to look back into Mystery shopping as the one i was listed on was always without children - which again is not a option.....
We have been trying to beat this debt for a few years now - but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast!!! and like some people we have had a few slip ups along the way :o:o:o
We have quiet a tight budget so we cant make lots of over payments but I am going to try and pay of the first cc which is at £1362 at the mo. I am going to set myself a challenge for 100 days and see how it goes (thanks to the idea from memorygirls thread :D) Will list my 100 day challenges on the next post.....
I have started using cloth nappies - so i hope this should save us some money. Seeing as I have 2 in nappies i have been sending about £40 a mth on nappies!!! So should help now i have a good stash of nappies.
Its the summer holidays soon so i plan on doing a list of things which we can do over the holidays and then work out the cheapest/free activities that we can do to help cut costs - I plan on getting some vouchers from tescos deals so we can do some fun things without spending a fortune!! I have also been saving my change in a sealed tin for the summer hols so will have to count that up. I dont think it will have much in it though but it will help.....
Also need to sort out some uniform for DD. My dad gets some M&S voucher for some survey he does - but never uses them so I have £40 of these which should help get most of it and then ill just need shoes, jumpers and book bag (from school.)
Off to think of my 100 day challenge........
GC: Nov: £60.22/£450 Oct: £338.48/£450, July: £363.05/£450, June £447.98/£500
£2 savers No68: £104/£100 :j
:jmummy to: 8yr, 5yr, 3yr, 2yr, 1yr. No6 Due Mar 2013 My world.:j

Comments

• mummy2mygirls
    mummy2mygirls Posts: 2,443 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2010 at 8:45PM
    Options
    So I am going to start my 100 day challenge today on the 22nd July so will end on 30th October.
    Financial:
    NSD 10/50
    list 100 things to sell 10/100
    Stick to weekly budget 4/14
    Start a new sealed tin for xmas spends
    Keep this diary up to date
    Do free scratchcard 35/100
    House:
    Declutter the house
    Sort out the small room which will be ds's
    Organise all toys in dds room
    Organise our bedroom
    Spend a little each day doing extra round the house 35/100
    Relationships:
    Have a 'date' night with DH 4/14
    Organisation:
    [STRIKE]Start sorting a xmas and bday ideas book[/STRIKE]
    Sort presents and party for dd's bday
    Stick to using a diary at home
    For me:
    Read atleast one book
    do something nice for me once a week 2/14 (like having a face mask or doing my nails...)
    Lose weight 3/14lbs....opps now going out the window!!
  • smarties84
    smarties84 Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, i have subscribed to your new diary :) Good luck on your 100 a day challenge, i am sure you can do it x
  • penelopedee_2
    penelopedee_2 Posts: 2,698 Forumite
    Options
    Best of luck, that's going to keep you busy over the summer :)
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • ragstoricheswannabe
    Options
    whoo hoo, shiney new diary! *subscribes!*
    December 2018: £20,850.24. Now: £18,333.02 Total paid in 2019: £2517.22

Weight loss: 1.5lbs
  • mummy2mygirls
    Options
    Hello smarties and rags - glad you have come to join me on my new diary :D
    penelopedee thank you for the good luck
    I have emptied the sealed pot today and have £29 in change - which will help a little with being able to do a few more things over the holidays :j
    Today i have also made some new liners for my nappies from a fleece blanket which ive had for ages and never used - so saved a few pennies not having to buy them :D
    DD has been off school as she has sprained her ankle so hasnt been able to walk but she really wants to go in tomorrow for the last day. So we have spent all day at home and playing loads of games and trying to sort out all there toys etc in their room. Hard to do with them wanting to play with everything I was trying to find new places for :p but its a bit better and a little more room for their clothes.......still have some more to sort though.
    My lovely mum wanted to buy the kids some bits from the next sale the other day but wasnt sure what to get them so let me use her account and spend £100 of things for them :j:D:j So i have ordered all of them some bits that they actually needed rather then things she would think were just pretty. So i cant wait for them all to arrive.
  • smarties84
    smarties84 Posts: 711 Forumite
    Options
    Oh how lovely good old grand parents hey!!! I went to Matalan yesterday and spent £60 but i got some really lovely clothes for me and the girls :) all half price x
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi good luck on your journey. The next purchases courtesy of mum sound nice too
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 236 payments to go - now £183,036 Equity 26.8%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.6K on 0% spends card but offset by £33.8K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £10.2K/£127.5K AVC target 8% value at 15/5
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • mummy2mygirls
    Options
    Thanks savingholmes.
    100 day challenge is going ok - havent had a nsd as yet and prob will not all weekend so better hopr i get some next week......
    Not a lot DFW going onto day im sure. Might go to one of the local country parks and let the kids run mad for a bit.
    DD has decided she no longer needs sleep and that the minimum amount will do her just fine......I on the other hand am shattered!!!!!! 5.10 this morning she thought she would wake me up after fighting to go to sleep till really late last night and no longer wanting naps in the day (even though she is shattered and grumpy!!) DH is nice and sleepy in his bed still and prob will be till about 11 when ill have to drag him out!!!
    Looks a lovely day again today. Need to try and get my massive ironing pile done over the next few days and then i might try sorting some out to list to sell.
  • mummy2mygirls
    Options
    Oh and forgot to say. Our CC runs out end of this mth and we have been sent a new one but DH has to ring up to activate it. We have decided that he wont ring up so then we cant spend it!! Recently things keep ending up having to go on it. So im am determind to get back to NOTHING ever going on it again..........
  • mummy2mygirls
    Options
    Have listed a couple of things to sell :D So hopefully they will make a little bit. Need to list sooo much more as the freezer is dieing and i think its def on its last legs so need to raise some funds and soon!!!
    Have had a good weekend - have decided that sat are fun family days and sun day are shopping and sorting around the house day - worked well this weekend. On sat we went to a local forest center - free parking and no entry cost and we brought a picnic so only cost was a ice cream for the girls so a cheap day out :j And on sunday i went to Mr t and then had a nice roast.
    Today is the first day of the holidays and we are going for another picnic - at the local park they are having a teddy bears picnic with entertainment. So another cheap day :D. The rest of the week dd1 has a free holiday club for a few hrs a day and then will do park like things for the others and afternoons... Need to look up other free/cheap days out for over the hols as still havent done it....
    Off to do my scratchcard and check the banks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family