We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I bit of advice needed PPI

Options
just been contacted by a firm regarding reclaiming the ppi on a loan with yorkshire bank that the wife has, anyway done some homework on your site and stuff giving them 25% of anything i get ( they even had the cheek to send me a form that is identical to the one on here!) so i'm going it alone(hopefully with help for you guys). the loan was originaly taken out a good few years ago and has been added to twice!we were under the impression that it was just the amount and figures that had been changed. it has become clear after looking through some of the paperwork that the loan was not added to ,it was a seperate loan each time. Question is
1. if i request the information from the bank will i have to do it for each loan or will they send me the details for all the loans that we have had .?

2. will i have to send a copy of the FOS for each of the loans?

any help will be much appreciated , i think this might be the start of a lot of work!!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    cjallison wrote: »
    just been contacted by a firm regarding reclaiming the ppi on a loan with yorkshire bank that the wife has, anyway done some homework on your site and stuff giving them 25% of anything i get ( they even had the cheek to send me a form that is identical to the one on here!) so i'm going it alone(hopefully with help for you guys). the loan was originaly taken out a good few years ago and has been added to twice!we were under the impression that it was just the amount and figures that had been changed. it has become clear after looking through some of the paperwork that the loan was not added to ,it was a seperate loan each time. Question is
    1. if i request the information from the bank will i have to do it for each loan or will they send me the details for all the loans that we have had .?

2. will i have to send a copy of the FOS for each of the loans?

any help will be much appreciated , i think this might be the start of a lot of work!!

Hi and welcome and good for you to have a go yourself.:T

I would be very wary of using claims companies, many have been badly let down.

Right if you no info at all, for example, the agreements for each loan, these do cost £1 cheque or postal order each, just write a simple letter and remember to enclose the loan account numbers for each loan account in one letter and the amount of agreements requested for each loan, request they send by 12 days, and mention that you enclose the required payments for each one.

You should find the loan account numbers on your loans on bank statements, if you bank online this should allow you to go back at least 6 years or even more with some banks.

If you require more detailed documentation, this is called a Subject access Request, so for instance if you banked with these, they should supply ALL the info on ALL your accounts you have had with them.
    So you just write your bank account number for the account.

If you do not bank with them, then still write all loan account numbers down for each loan, they should supply info on all.

The SAR you enclose £10 cheque or postal order and they have 40 calendar days to comply.
    SAR template here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Then when it comes to reclaiming, complete the FOS questionnaire for each one, save copies as well, they have 8 weeks in full to respond.
    You will find the questionnaire on link below further down the page as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    These questionnaires are used now instead of a reclaiming letter.

Good luck please keep us posted.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 2:26PM
    Options
    good luck if you need anything just ask there are plenty of helpful and knowledgeable here to help
  • cjallison
    Options
    cheers for that ,time to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in !
    Just found 2 of the loan agreements and the box for the ppi has been ticked in the same ink as the banks signiture,the wifes signed in a totally different colour !!!!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    cheers for that ,time to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in !
    Just found 2 of the loan agreements and the box for the ppi has been ticked in the same ink as the banks signiture,the wifes signed in a totally different colour !!!!!!

Yes go for it, keep at them and the best of luck, please let us know how you get on and ask for further help if required.;)
  • cjallison
    Options
    just got a reply from the bank in the form of a questionaire which they insist i fill in and send back within 10 days ,although i am claiming on 2 accounts and sent a fos for each they have only sent one copy of the questionaire,it looks straight forward but it does ask about our income and outgoings at the time the loan was taken out, is this normal?
    the rest of it just asks for information that i have already sent ,so i'll just fill it in and send it off. AGIAN!!
  • di3004
    Options
    just got a reply from the bank in the form of a questionaire which they insist i fill in and send back within 10 days ,although i am claiming on 2 accounts and sent a fos for each they have only sent one copy of the questionaire,it looks straight forward but it does ask about our income and outgoings at the time the loan was taken out, is this normal?
    the rest of it just asks for information that i have already sent ,so i'll just fill it in and send it off. AGIAN!!

Hi there

I think this is procedure for some banks/loan companies to do this despite already sending one already completed by the FOS.
    If they only sent one and your trying to make a reclaim on 2 accounts, I would contact them to ask if they are going to send another as its in regards of 2 separate accounts, and I take it if they sent out on one, they will do on the other.

I have never actually received the banks own questionnaire, so not sure if these income details are normal or not, maybe someone on here will know and post up.
    Good luck with this.;)
  • cjallison
    Options
    got a reply on 27th aug saying that the bank were looking into my case and that they would certianly contact me in the next 4 weeks.Just got another letter today dated 24th Sept that says they are not yet in a position to issue a decision and that they aim to issue a response in the next 4 weeks!!! it then says that if i am unhappy with the service then i can contact the ombudsman.

What should i do next ? sit tight and wait until they get back to me or go straight to the ombudsman..

any advice would be greatly appreciated .
  • di3004
    Options
    got a reply on 27th aug saying that the bank were looking into my case and that they would certianly contact me in the next 4 weeks.Just got another letter today dated 24th Sept that says they are not yet in a position to issue a decision and that they aim to issue a response in the next 4 weeks!!! it then says that if i am unhappy with the service then i can contact the ombudsman.

What should i do next ? sit tight and wait until they get back to me or go straight to the ombudsman..

any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Hi there

Its seems a lot have been receiving the same responses as yourself, I do in my opinion think its due to a backlog all the companies have on these complaints and the FSA are on to them as well, so now they must make sure they investigate complaints properly and not reject automatically.

So personally I would keep with them a little longer if you want to, and hope the next time you hear will be the decision your waiting for.
    Good luck and please keep us posted, cheers.;)
  • cjallison
    Options
    Just realised that its now nearly 6 weeks since i got the letter from the bank saying ( for the 3rd time ) that they will get back to me in the next 4 weeks.
    Should i try and contact the bank for an update or is it time to go to the ombudsman,i sent the original form on 29th of july,surely there's a time limit on these things as it seems the bank are just sending out standard letters to fob people off and hope that they loose interest.
    Can anyone give me a few pointers on what to do next !!
  • di3004
    Options
    Just realised that its now nearly 6 weeks since i got the letter from the bank saying ( for the 3rd time ) that they will get back to me in the next 4 weeks.
    Should i try and contact the bank for an update or is it time to go to the ombudsman,i sent the original form on 29th of july,surely there's a time limit on these things as it seems the bank are just sending out standard letters to fob people off and hope that they loose interest.
    Can anyone give me a few pointers on what to do next !!

Hi

As you know they normally have 8 weeks in full to give a decision, but with most banks they do ask for more time.
    But as long as the 8 weeks have passed, you are entitled to move on to the FOS.
    Hope you receive a good outcome soon, fingers crossed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family