We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Associates/Citi financial

Options
Can anyone tell me how to find the underwriters for the associates (who are now citifiancial), its a policy from 2001, this is with the fos at mo but they are still waiting on legalities if they can look into cases like this, i just think it would be quicker if i did it mysef.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    woodymeg wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to find the underwriters for the associates (who are now citifiancial), its a policy from 2001, this is with the fos at mo but they are still waiting on legalities if they can look into cases like this, i just think it would be quicker if i did it mysef.

Hi Woodymeg

With mine I wrote for the lender for the details and requested they send me the "insurance policy details" as these were not given or provided with the loan documents.
    (Different lender to yours though) but hopefully someone will know these details and get back to you, but if you've not done so yet then request for these details in writing and enclose your loan account number to them.
    Hope this works, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • woodymeg
    woodymeg Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks di, but have just spoke to citifinancial and they are saying they dont know who it was, think ive probably lost this one ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks di, but have just spoke to citifinancial and they are saying they dont know who it was, think ive probably lost this one ;)

Hi honey, Happy David have just posted a post about these on the above thread.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=34877983#post34877983

Maybe he would know, give it a go.;)XX
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Thanks Di :o, but i have got all original paperwork - the agreement and the insurance paperwork, i have statements showing the payments going out of my account, but all citi said was that it was over 6 years ago and they dont hold the data for it, so not obliged to look into it even though i have everything here in my hands ecept who the insurance is with.
  • di3004
    Options
    Thanks Di :o, but i have got all original paperwork - the agreement and the insurance paperwork, i have statements showing the payments going out of my account, but all citi said was that it was over 6 years ago and they dont hold the data for it, so not obliged to look into it even though i have everything here in my hands ecept who the insurance is with.

Hi

On your "insurance" paperwork does it disclose the name of the "insurer"? this is what you need.
    Even though I had paperwork with my loan and the conditions of the insurance, the actual "insurance document" I have to request for separately, this is about the insurance only and the name of the insurer.

So if its pursued with the insurer instead of the broker, they would have been regulated unlike lenders and brokers, where its then investigated against the insurer instead, all insurers were regulated and can be investigated by the FOS.;)
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Think ive found it just gonna check it out first befor i get too excited!!!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Think ive found it just gonna check it out first befor i get too excited!!!!!

LOL, it can be confusing, even though on the loan documents it mentions the insurer which was Hamilton in my case, these are documents of their own of the "Payment Protection Insurance" only, about 5 pages long.;)
    You will be okay I'm sure.:D:)
  • di3004
    Options
    What I would do, this is what I done was wrote to the lender and not the broker to request they send the insurance policy details, within 14 days they sent them through the post.

Its all about the insurance and insurer and nothing else.;)
  • woodymeg
    Options
    Now im really confused, would you take a look please as its quite complicated, the company is/was called Cumberland Insurance company registered in england No. 199242 but has same address as citifinancial. it says that they were bought out by citi in 2003 but dont know where that leaves me!!!!!!
  • di3004
    Options
    Now im really confused, would you take a look please as its quite complicated, the company is/was called Cumberland Insurance company registered in england No. 199242 but has same address as citifinancial. it says that they were bought out by citi in 2003 but dont know where that leaves me!!!!!!

That was the same as ours, the lender was Endeavour and the insurers address was shown at their address, but what I would do woodymeg is write to request for the "insurance policy booklet details", my loan was paid off a few years back and they still sent me the copy of the policy last year.
    So that address you have, then write to them, give them the loan account number as well.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family