Opinion Outpost - Any Good?

Options

Comments

• Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March at 4:50PM
    Options
    [quote=[Deleted User];72967181]Do you log in via your email or via facebook? I had the same problem ages ago and now I can only log in via facebook.[/QUOTE]

I login via email. I didn't sign up using my Facebook account, so im not sure if that's an option.
  • GreyAndGold
    Options
    I get this occasionally, I just leave it for a while and come back later and it works fine.
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Avoid Opinion Outpost and Partners. Like many people i had been a long term member, I enjoyed giving my opinions on brands and products tests. However the issues with opinion outpost started after a soft ware update. I was able to cash out 50 points which is £2.50 paypal and then it would lock me out saying account Terminated. I would email them and wait ages for a reply. They would activated my account again. Then it happened again and they activated it again. Then i saved up enough points for £24.95 this time they never paid me and refused to let me have the money and my account. They kept pointing to the terms and conditions but won't say why they have closed my account. They have treated so many members unfairly you can see this from the reviews. To any brands using them please consider boycotting them. They are not paying members but still taking your money and i am so such they have issues with software!
    Jan Wins: .
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Swagbucks pays a terrible rate, I have seen them offer 29 sb for a survey that would have paid the equivalent of 480 or 640 sb on another site.

A post on the sb thread

Thing to bear in mind with Swagbucks is there are many ways to earn - I do very few surveys (tend to stick to the instants) and I can make 5-10 a month. Some of this stuff is as simple as play it on your computer while you watch TV. Theres no need to do all the surveys, they arent worth it. Youd be a fool to do a 20 minute survey for 50SB for example.

I have used opinion outpost in the past and I like it for the low threshold in terms of payouts and I dont them to be any worse in terms of screening then a the other sites. They also can cash out direct to paypal which is a brucey bonus.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 23 August 2017 at 7:48PM
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    Thing to bear in mind with Swagbucks is there are many ways to earn - I do very few surveys (tend to stick to the instants) and I can make 5-10 a month. Some of this stuff is as simple as play it on your computer while you watch TV. Theres no need to do all the surveys, they arent worth it. Youd be a fool to do a 20 minute survey for 50SB for example.

There are plenty of ways to earn to earn on swagbucks (I have over £400 of Amazon vouchers in the last 6 months) but surveys are generally not one of them.
  • Cazjazz
    Cazjazz Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    In the last two weeks I have tried very hard to get my 500+ points paid in M&S vouchers. I hasten to add I would not normally let my points get to that amount in case of problems but I wanted M&S Vouchers and they were out of stock for sometime so as soon as they were available I decided to redeem them. The first time I was at the point of submitting the points when a message flashed up on the screen :
    ' Your membership has been terminated as a result of the violation of the Opinion Outpost Terms & Conditions. For questions, please, contact helpdesk@opinionoutpost.co.uk
    I contacted the helpdesk and they confirmed that this why my membership had been terminated. They would not tell me why . I knew I hadn't done anything other than to redeem what was mine for all the time and effort I had put in. I decided to delve a little further and it seems that this has happened to a lot of other members of Opinion Outpost. I see that on MSE they are ranked 23 of 25 in the Moneysaving expert surveys list. Hardly a recommendation to give them a try. I am really cross that they can do this and seemingly are getting away with it. All I keep getting from the Helpdesk is my account is terminated and I will not be able to retrieve the points and will not be able to login to my account or re-join them either.
    I have put messages on their Facebook page and commented on other members who have had their Memberships terminated and every one has been taken down by them.
  • gzjarvis
    Options
    I joined Opinion outpost in June & must have done over 100 surveys, i let my points build up to about £85 in rewards.
    When i tried to redeem my points for Amazon vouchers, they said my mobile & home phone numbers were wrong so i tried to get the money paid into Paypal, as soon as i requested the money be paid into my Paypal account i got a message saying that i had violated their terms & conditions & that my account had been closed.
    I then researched this on the internet & found out through various sites including Trust pilot that this is a common thing to happen when people try to redeem their rewards.
    I have emailed Opinion Outpost lots of times about this & got very vague answers usually up to a week later saying that my account would be reopened within 3 working days, guess what it is still closed.
    I have requested that MSE take Opinion Outpost off their website because they are con artists & had no reply from MSE about this either. :angry:
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    gzjarvis wrote: »
    I joined Opinion outpost in June & must have done over 100 surveys, i let my points build up to about £85 in rewards.
    When i tried to redeem my points for Amazon vouchers, they said my mobile & home phone numbers were wrong so i tried to get the money paid into Paypal, as soon as i requested the money be paid into my Paypal account i got a message saying that i had violated their terms & conditions & that my account had been closed.
    I then researched this on the internet & found out through various sites including Trust pilot that this is a common thing to happen when people try to redeem their rewards.
    I have emailed Opinion Outpost lots of times about this & got very vague answers usually up to a week later saying that my account would be reopened within 3 working days, guess what it is still closed.
    I have requested that MSE take Opinion Outpost off their website because they are con artists & had no reply from MSE about this either. :angry:

I hope this is a trolling comment...

I have never had any issues redeeming from Opinion Outpost over the last 18 months.

Why anyone would stock £85 in a survey site (cash out and at worst put it in an account with interest) is bizarre.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • gzjarvis
    Options
    Yes they are a scam, i joined in June & completed maybe 100 surveys, earning £65.
    I decided to redeem my points for Amazon vouchers & when i entered my phone number to verify my redemption it said it was invalid.
    I contacted Opinion outpost's help desk about it & never got a reply,so i tried to pay the money into my Paypal account.
    This opened up a dodgy link with a strange looking Paypal login, so i tried to login & a message popped up that i had violated their terms & conditions & my account had been closed.
    After this happened i checked out reviews on various sites & they mostly said the same thing about when you try to redeem your points you violate their terms & conditions & they close your account.
    I have emailed their help desk 15 times & keep getting nondescript messages about they will reopen my account & they are investigating it.
    A month later & i still email them everyday just to annoy them.
    Don't believe my word about Opinion outpost check out Truspilot or various other review sites.
    I have emailed MSE about taking them off the MSE website & never got a reply back.
  • sebloak
    sebloak Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I quite like opinion outpost. never had a problem with them and is one i can rely on for a regular monthly payout, usually get 50-75 points per month, exept for this month which so far is 300 points but that includes a 200point week long survey diary thingy so hoping i dont experience the woes that others are experiencing in cashing out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback