Opinion Outpost - Any Good?

Options

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have being on populuslive 3 months and i am yet to hit the 50 points mark

Had another £4 (4 points) survey today, so that's 10 points in 2 days for me.
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I signed up a couple of months ago, and have earned the grand total of 45 points!!
    I'm starting to think they are scam artists. Although they send me surveys fairly regularly, they screen me out, not just at the begining, but when I've almost completed the survey. Complete wast of time as far as I'm concerned, and really annoying.

I'm thinking of closing my account.
    Does anyone know who I could make a complaint against them to?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are a scam as they are a legitimate company. I find their surveys plentiful but low paid and yes I do get screened out of a fair few of them too. I earn 50-130 points each week from them but if I had earned what you had I would be dumping them to be honest.
  • Frempt
    Frempt Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I got very frustrated with them as well, so many surveys I completed but was screened out at the end. I made ~£10 from them in total and then just dropped them - they are good for quantity of surveys and a low payout, but that's about it.
    £2017 in 2017 challenge - £2020.06/£2017 (as of 27th September)
  • holidaysforme
    holidaysforme Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks both. Sent them an email yesterday complaining. They sent me back a fairly standard reply apologising, and crediting me with 5 points.
    I've also just completed a survey from them and didn't get screened out from this one!
    I'll see how it goes in the next couple if weeks..
    Any good paid survey sites that people would reccomend on here?
    Currently doing Swagbucks and one poll.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Prolific Academic is my personal favourite, well paid and enjoyable studies. Mintvine, panelbase, surveybods and valued opinions all ok too.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Any good paid survey sites that people would reccomend on here?
    Currently doing Swagbucks and one poll.

Swagbucks pays a terrible rate, I have seen them offer 29 sb for a survey that would have paid the equivalent of 480 or 640 sb on another site.

A post on the sb thread

mjm3346 wrote: »
    There is an MSE list here

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys

I like Pinecone, you can get a payout with each survey
    Onepoll, usually only 10p to 20p per survey but they are mostly very short
    Populuslive £1 per 5 mins - if you wanted cash/paypal then at non-sale prices that's the same as a peanutlab survey paying 39sb for 1 not 10 minutes (32 sb with the sale)
    Consumer Pulse is not many surveys but mostly giving them details of items purchased/rented in certain categories, 50p a week just for ticking boxes that nothing in the categories has been purchased but you can get up to £10 a month on top from recording items/services you have purchased, with the surveys there is the potential for over £170 a year.
    GFK (monitoring the tv and radio you used in the main) is mostly prize draws but they run media diaries every so often that pay £5 for completing the week and occasionally other surveys.
    ACNielsen involves scanning shopping and a few surveys a year all of which earns points you can exchange for goods.

Swagbucks does have the advantage of a generally lower payout threshold and all in one place so while you might have £100 spread across 3 or 4 sites that you cannot yet withdraw you could get at the £10 to £15 equivalent that swagbucks would pay.
  • sharpe106
    sharpe106 Posts: 3,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are they a scam no, but they are pretty rubbish. Majority of the surveys take longer then they state, they pay rubbish, you can get half way through a survey and it decides you no longer qualify or survey is full. Would not recommend them, but they do pay and have low payment threshold.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are other people having a problem logging into Opinion Outpost?

I've tried 3 different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and I.E) but when I click Login, nothing happens, nor does it login when I press enter either.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Marvqn1 wrote: »
    Are other people having a problem logging into Opinion Outpost?

I've tried 3 different browsers (Firefox, Chrome and I.E) but when I click Login, nothing happens, nor does it login when I press enter either.

Do you log in via your email or via facebook? I had the same problem ages ago and now I can only log in via facebook.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback