TalkTalk to charge £1 for printed monthly bill

Options
Apologies if this has been already posted.

Got our monthly bill in from TalkTalk yesterday and there's a note saying that continuing to receive a paper bill will add £1 on to your monthly bill.

The option to receive paper bills can be changed on their website if you wish.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Drip, drip, drip.

It all helps to cover the cost of the 'free' broadband!
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    So that technically that makes your line rental £12 a month by d/d with TT if you have a monthly paper bill.Where as BT still charge £11 and are offering a small rebate if you have an online bill.Add to that their charges for caller display and it soon mounts up.All the more reason to keep your line rental with BT,and use a alternative call supplier or two.
  • achtunglady
    Options
    The thing is, its environmentally friendly to have online bills, but when you apply for bank accounts etc that need proof of address, they do not accept your printed online bills as proof, so it's swings and roundabouts.
    And yes the lady in the avatar is me

Slimming World started 12/5/11 : Starting weight 12st 3lb
    Hoping to get to 9 stone by September 2011

Wk1 -1lb Wk2 -2lb Wk3 +0.5lb Wk4 STS
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    Yes but why the need to charge for them other suppliers dont.Also when your submiitting expenses,tax forms etc its nice to have paper option.
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes but why the need to charge for them other suppliers dont.Also when your submiitting expenses,tax forms etc its nice to have paper option.

You can print it out.
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    declanmcc wrote:
    Got our monthly bill in from TalkTalk yesterday and there's a note saying that continuing to receive a paper bill will add £1 on to your monthly bill.
    Was a date mentioned?

Having a look on TalkTalk so-called price notification page which is meant to list past and forthcoming price changes here doesn't mention nothing about it.

Probably trying to increase prices via stealth!
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    Lorian wrote:
    You can print it out.

Of course you can, but its not acceptable in many cases.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    I can appreciate those who like hard copies for expenses etc, this is a pain.

But for those who just like a copy .. why not try getting all your bills online including bank statements etc. Save the trees and all that, perhaps lower the risk of identify fraud too :)

If you got a good email account you'll soon be able to search for all your itemised bills at the touch of a button.

Companies like 1899 and Planet Talk don't give you a choice anyway (it's all online). Some companies like British Gas give you money off if you take it up with them.

Oh ... and you can print if off yourself as the above poster said, SHOULD you need it.
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    greyster wrote:
    I can appreciate those who like hard copies for expenses etc, this is a pain.

Its more of a pain that they feel the need to charge for something that has been free up to now.
  • ginger_nuts
    ginger_nuts Posts: 1,972 Forumite
    Options
    so anyone without a pc is going to be charged for a paper bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business