IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Aldi

Options

Comments

• Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Aldi = private = ignore.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,009 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2012 at 2:12AM
    Options
    nazlfc wrote: »
    Thanks Trisontana, You're right that I am probably taking these guys too seriously. Still it's my friend who may end up with this bother (letters of this nature really stress him) I'd rather he did not even receive any letters from these clowns. Just hope that the store assistant is 100% correct and that since they have started to put up these today that they won't have gone live at the same time. Mt friend could do without the bother and myself with the guilt of putting him into this hassle.

I know I should stop digging but does anyone know how these cameras work? Are they CCTV cameras that monitor your every move in the car park etc?

Then stop digging!

It's a scam and if your friend cannot ignore a few predictable computerised letters (see the top thread by Crabman for a step-by-step preview in pictures of the threatograms) then I despair.

And the cameras just take a close up pic of a car driving in and a car driving out. Not a person, not a driver. Even if they did show his smiling face, he doesn't have his name and address tattooed on his forehead presumably? How then would you think they can possibly know who someone is? Anyway, once they have their precious pics of a car they use the reg number to apply to the DVLA for the registered keeper's details at a cost of £2.50 (shocking, yep, we know...).

The ticket is just like the one in the Watchdog video linked on 'welcome, please read before posting'. So if/when you read that sticky thread before posting and watched the Watchdog video, surely that was enough to convince you and your mate to ignore the whole thing?

When a till operator at a Supermarket near me said proudly that there were 'going to be cameras monitoring the car park next week and they will issue fines' I laughed and explained it's not a fine and no-one ever has to pay these scammers. Since then I may have overstayed a number of times when shopping but am disappointed to report no love-letter has been sent to me in the post yet from the PPC. I must try harder as it's been 3 years since my only fake PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Parking Eyes cameras are normally time in time out jobbies! So unless they have a camera looking at all the bays you wont hear anything. However if you do then do as advised and ignore the speculative invoice!
  • nazlfc
    nazlfc Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Then stop digging!

It's a scam and if your friend cannot ignore a few predictable computerised letters (see the top thread by Crabman for a step-by-step preview in pictures of the threatograms) then I despair.

And the cameras just take a close up pic of a car driving in and a car driving out. Not a person, not a driver. Even if they did show his smiling face, he doesn't have his name and address tattooed on his forehead presumably? How then would you think they can possibly know who someone is? Anyway, once they have their precious pics of a car they use the reg number to apply to the DVLA for the registered keeper's details at a cost of £2.50 (shocking, yep, we know...).

The ticket is just like the one in the Watchdog video linked on 'welcome, please read before posting'. So if/when you read that sticky thread before posting and watched the Watchdog video, surely that was enough to convince you and your mate to ignore the whole thing?

When a till operator at a Supermarket near me said proudly that there were 'going to be cameras monitoring the car park next week and they will issue fines' I laughed and explained it's not a fine and no-one ever has to pay these scammers. Since then I may have overstayed a number of times when shopping but am disappointed to report no love-letter has been sent to me in the post yet from the PPC. I must try harder as it's been 3 years since my only fake PCN.
    esmerobbo wrote:
    Parking Eyes cameras are normally time in time out jobbies! So unless they have a camera looking at all the bays you wont hear anything. However if you do then do as advised and ignore the speculative invoice!

Thanks guys it's much appreciated. It's great to know that there are people out there that can reassure the few of us who are easily intimidated.

Thanks again.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Mostly it will be time in (2nd) time out jobbies, so unless they will have monkeys walking around monitoring the bays for 'abuse' than you will be fine.

I hope you ignore that branch of Aldi in future, or check with the planning permission to see if there is anything mentioned about parking limits, Aldi has been taken to court by a council in Brighton for enforcing a parking limit when they couldn't
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    Options
    rosie383 wrote: »
    We got a 'fine' from parking eye today. My dh parked there and was in the Aldi store just over an hour because of a very, very long queue with only one checkout open.
    Thanks to the advice on here, we are going to trust you and ignore them. Thank you.

Only one checkout open in Aldi! Surely not!
    I am appalled, it's never been know to happen before.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • Maddogjones
    Options
    My mother received a parking charge notice from Parking eye on the 18th of October 2012. After she and my father went shopping in an Aldi store in Bangor, North Wales. She is the registered keeper of the car. My father was driving on that occasion.

The notice says that parking charge amount of £70 is due. If paid with in 14 days the amount is reduced to £40. The notice looks fairly official to the untrained eye and has threats of action should you not pay. My mother paid £40 via the parking eye site with a debit card. Wrong thing to do I know but my parents are good genuine people this sort of thing gave them a fright.

The parking notice and claims that they had over stayed the minimum of 1 and a half hours. however they didn't. The charge notice shows pictures of the car entering and exiting the car park. The picture are time stamped showing that they entered the car park on 18/10/12 12:16:04 pm and exited at 12:52:27 pm, they only stayed for 37 mins. They also spent over £60 in store.

Now I'm for trying to claim the £40 back. Does anyone know the best way to go about it ?

Thanks in advance.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You might have a struggle on your hands, You could try sending those pictures back to PE pointing out their mistake. If that's no good then complain to the BPA, Trading Standards and then the DTI.

With those pictures the parking company seem to be banged to rights.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    And if they don't give back the money send them a letter before action and sue them, just print out the images and keep them safe, obviously they shouldn't have paid, but they must get on board with the above as they are the ones who paid it etc
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    My mother received a parking charge notice from Parking eye on the 18th of October 2012. After she and my father went shopping in an Aldi store in Bangor, North Wales. She is the registered keeper of the car. My father was driving on that occasion.

The notice says that parking charge amount of £70 is due. If paid with in 14 days the amount is reduced to £40. The notice looks fairly official to the untrained eye and has threats of action should you not pay. My mother paid £40 via the parking eye site with a debit card. Wrong thing to do I know but my parents are good genuine people this sort of thing gave them a fright.

The parking notice and claims that they had over stayed the minimum of 1 and a half hours. however they didn't. The charge notice shows pictures of the car entering and exiting the car park. The picture are time stamped showing that they entered the car park on 18/10/12 12:16:04 pm and exited at 12:52:27 pm, they only stayed for 37 mins. They also spent over £60 in store.

Now I'm for trying to claim the £40 back. Does anyone know the best way to go about it ?

Thanks in advance.

As well as what the others have said, also report Parking Eye to DVLA - Parking Eye had no reasonable cause to get the registered keepers details as you hadn't "broken" the "terms and conditions". Ask for Parking Eye's database access to be revoked.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport