When to report bad parenting?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It makes me so sad to hear little ones being treated so badly. Have no faith in SS, they couldn't care less. Too busy picking on disabled families with no issues. While kids are beaten, starved and abused on sink estates where social workers refuse to go in case their shiny new cars get scatched. Its madness.

Do you have any direct experience of social services?

The only one I know gets the bus.
  • Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    Options
    Person_one wrote: »
    Do you have any direct experience of social services?

The only one I know gets the bus.
    Too much both personally and years ago professionally. The system is a mess and no-one is sorting it.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• AnthonyUK
    AnthonyUK Posts: 479 Forumite
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with a sharp severe smack on the back of the leg or arm or bottom with the hands;that shouldn't be grounds for intervention, any parent who reports that is wrong.
  • jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    'sharp severe smack' sounds rather too violent to me and anyone who did that to my child would be the one in the wrong.
    52% tight
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    jellyhead wrote: »
    'sharp severe smack' sounds rather too violent to me and anyone who did that to my child would be the one in the wrong.
    What would your answer be then? Pat them on the back LOL!
  • AnthonyUK
    Options
    A sharp severe smack to a child asserts your authority when they are about to endanger themselves or they bite or scratch you as parent or they do it to another kid or person.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,003 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It makes me so sad to hear little ones being treated so badly. Have no faith in SS, they couldn't care less. Too busy picking on disabled families with no issues. While kids are beaten, starved and abused on sink estates where social workers refuse to go in case their shiny new cars get scatched. Its madness.

Except the SW's that deal with child protection are a completely different set to the ones who deal with disabled children.. it isn't one big melting pot of SW's who scramble to not be picked for the next case to come in..

there are also plenty of children abused in well off families too.. they are maybe just better at hiding it!

The SW's I know only one has a shiny new car.. and she has no children and no idea about any of the issues parents face.. I also know plenty of others.. who make themselves available at all hours, go out of their way to help families who don't much want to help themselves and who make themselves ill in the process.

Don't tar them all with the same brush.. some do some good somewhere along the line but as with all things you only hear about the bad!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ali-t
    ali-t Posts: 3,815 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    The SW's I know only one has a shiny new car..

I know lots of them that drive shiny new cars but generally they are lease cars or pool cars that are used by all staff in the service. This is often so staff can go home and feel safe knowing that the car in their drive won't identify them to any disgruntled families seeking revenge.

Pigpen I know the original comment wasn't from yourself but for other people who judge a professional by their car, you need to look at what is behind it and why they have a new car. For SW's it is definitely not the massive salary they are on. :D
    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure