Hot weather and sweaty bits!!

Options

Comments

• elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    Boy shorts or French knickers are lovely in this weather - don't dig in, no knicker elastic, perfect for TOTM, so bloody comfy.
    blue, from what you've said, I AM in the right bra size - doesn't rub, no sweaty boobage....
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • duloch
    duloch Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    have to agree with the above posts, I have a couple of pairs of girl boxers as I would call them, they are so comfy and dont make me sweat at all.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    elfen wrote: »
    Boy shorts or French knickers are lovely in this weather - don't dig in, no knicker elastic, perfect for TOTM, so bloody comfy.
    blue, from what you've said, I AM in the right bra size - doesn't rub, no sweaty boobage....

LOL, I'll believe you.... ;)
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    blue, I'm a 36F, so I'd bloody notice if there was any sweaty boobage....nd there isn't. Not even after being on 3 trains and a bus....only the general cleavage area and general heat-caused sweat.
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • woohoo
    woohoo Posts: 377 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    this has got me wondering if I am in the right size bra. I am a size 10 and wear a 34 band (A or B cup)- always have - do you think that is too big. As for the sweaty issue - not me with my teeny ones :( (frowning at teeny boobs, not lack of sweat!!). x
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    i suffer from this as well, and i really struggle with getting the right sized bra. I would lay odds that i don't have the right size on but it's the only one i can find that fits half decently. i've found that there's little point in going to get fitted because the shops which do the fitting don't actually do my sized bra and therefore can't really be bothered.
    i do use talc but i have to say it's not always the best solution, my mum has used the canestan talc before, but when i went they recomended the lanacaine stuff but i found that it hurt a fair bit when i used it.
    Hope you find a solution and can share it with us.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    woohoo wrote: »
    Hi,
    this has got me wondering if I am in the right size bra. I am a size 10 and wear a 34 band (A or B cup)- always have - do you think that is too big. As for the sweaty issue - not me with my teeny ones :( (frowning at teeny boobs, not lack of sweat!!). x

If you are at all unsure- get measured! Its free and in most stores there is no obligation to buy anything afterwards.

Bra cup underwiring should not cut into your breasts at all at the edges, the central part (if underwired) should be flat against your chest and the central support strap (the bit that measures 32,34,36..etc) should be tight enough to support your breasts, the larger you arem the tigher it may need to be as an unsupportive bra could leave you with backache.

If your not finding your bras do anything for you then get the measurements checked out and advice on the best style to wear, eg balcony, full cupped, underwired, t-shirt...etc. Often you may find your a certain size in one store but not the other and this can also affect styles, I also find that with some styles it can also mean I need to alter the size too.
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    i suffer from this as well, and i really struggle with getting the right sized bra. I would lay odds that i don't have the right size on but it's the only one i can find that fits half decently. i've found that there's little point in going to get fitted because the shops which do the fitting don't actually do my sized bra and therefore can't really be bothered.
    i do use talc but i have to say it's not always the best solution, my mum has used the canestan talc before, but when i went they recomended the lanacaine stuff but i found that it hurt a fair bit when i used it.
    Hope you find a solution and can share it with us.

Then choose a store that stoks every size going. This would be any independant, if they do not have it they will order it for you. Also: Debenehams, John Lewis, House of Fraser etc... Do not choose Tesco, Matalan, M&S or high street chains like this as they will not size you correctly, they will fit you in something to get a sale.

If you PM me I'll help you find the right size you should be wearing. I am a Trained Bra Fitter and have helped a few people from MSE, if you are near me you can even come to me for a fitting, however, treat your boobies as you do your feet and make sure they are in a well fitted bra - it makes all the difference, honestly, it does.
  • Katie-Kat-Kins
    Katie-Kat-Kins Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Options
    Try the Freya Active sports bra, you can get wired or non-wired but they are cotton based so they do not make you so sweaty.

if your wires are digging in or you are sweaty where the skin is rubbing then you need to get fitted.

I am a bra fitter and you can more or less follow this rule: Size 10 = 28/30 band, Size 12 = 30/32 band, Size 14 32/34 band, size 16 = 34/36 band etc.... there are some exceptions to the rule but if your bra should be firm and not move around. I've fitted 3 people today who told me they were in the right size. They weren't. Once people find out what I do they will strightaway say they are in the right size - and if I got £1 for every one of those that wasn't I could buy a new car tomorrow!! :D

If anyone wants advice on fitting, albeit virtual, then please ask.

Stand in the mirror sideways and draw a line under your boobs around your back, this is where the band should sit, not riding up, and it should be snug and it should not move when you do, it should move with your body. Lift your arms up, if your bra moves the band is too big, the wires in the middle should sit flat against your ribcage. If the wires dig in you are in the wrong size too. If you chance the size of your band put your cup size UP. If you are in the right size and style for you there will be no skin contact and no sweating. I am a 32G/GG and I never have a problem unless I've not got my bra on so please get fitted and you'll feel much more comfortable - especially in this weather.

You would not wear shoes that are too big and that your feet fell out of, would you? ;)

Useful advice!

Personally I think the only chain store that has decent bra fitters is bravissimo, and absolutely the best thing anyone can do is familiarise themselves with how a bra should fit and how the sizing works, so that they can fit themselves wherever they go.

I put no store in bra fitting. Blue Monkey will find 99% of people in the wrong sized bra but that is because bra sizes are totally inconsistent. I measure a 36 but wear a 34 or 32 because a 36 would ride up horrendously, this is because sizes have got bigger and bras have got stretchier. I have bras that fit in my draw that range from a DD to an F and in 32s and 34s. The style of the bra and the shape of your breasts will make a difference to the fitting too.

Most people wear too big a back size and too small a cup size. Next time you try on a bra, pick up one that is a back size smaller and a cup size bigger (or maybe even two) and see how it looks. Try about four different sizes before you buy.

*Oh and the Freya Active Sports Bra is AMAZING!
  • Panick_2
    Options
    Just another little agreement for the Lush Coconut deodorant powder. I get really hot and sticky during the day at work, and use this powder whenever I feel uncomfortable. I have a problem with reactions to lots of the deodorant sprays and creams, but am fine with this one. Plus it smells really nice! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure