Hot weather and sweaty bits!!

Options

Comments

• llh189
    llh189 Posts: 533 Forumite
    Options
    My mum gets the same - at night, after a shower, she uses a Canistan type of product - Tesco's or Sainbury's own brand. Not the one for internal thrush but for external fungal infections.

This really helps her!
  • nigem
    nigem Posts: 220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I work in a breast unit and this is a very common problem, especially in the summer.
    The culprit causing the red rash and cracked skin is the same as the one that causes athletes foot ie a fungal infection.
    We recommend that using Canestan cream, (or in fact any athletes foot cream) is the best solution. Powder will dry everything up too much. There are so many happy ladies who say it has helped a lot.
    Hope that helps.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if its safe for the breast area but the Sure Maximum protection (think Dove do one too) works really well for me! Really cuts down on my sweating wherever it has been applied.
  • EmptyPockets
    EmptyPockets Posts: 1,905 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for so many helpful replies, I'll take all your tips on board and see what works [STRIKE]breast[/STRIKE] best for me :) First thing I'll do is book in for another fitting to check my size: I have lost 1st 8lb since September... I hadn't thought the size of my chest had altered but it is better to get refitted I guess!

Thanks again everyone,

EP x♥x
    "Your life is what your thoughts make it"

"If you can't bite, don't show your teeth!"
    :cry: R.i.P our beautiful girl Suki. We'll love and miss you forever :cry:
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    Try the Freya Active sports bra, you can get wired or non-wired but they are cotton based so they do not make you so sweaty.

if your wires are digging in or you are sweaty where the skin is rubbing then you need to get fitted.

I am a bra fitter and you can more or less follow this rule: Size 10 = 28/30 band, Size 12 = 30/32 band, Size 14 32/34 band, size 16 = 34/36 band etc.... there are some exceptions to the rule but if your bra should be firm and not move around. I've fitted 3 people today who told me they were in the right size. They weren't. Once people find out what I do they will strightaway say they are in the right size - and if I got £1 for every one of those that wasn't I could buy a new car tomorrow!! :D

If anyone wants advice on fitting, albeit virtual, then please ask.

Stand in the mirror sideways and draw a line under your boobs around your back, this is where the band should sit, not riding up, and it should be snug and it should not move when you do, it should move with your body. Lift your arms up, if your bra moves the band is too big, the wires in the middle should sit flat against your ribcage. If the wires dig in you are in the wrong size too. If you chance the size of your band put your cup size UP. If you are in the right size and style for you there will be no skin contact and no sweating. I am a 32G/GG and I never have a problem unless I've not got my bra on so please get fitted and you'll feel much more comfortable - especially in this weather.

You would not wear shoes that are too big and that your feet fell out of, would you? ;)
  • foreign_correspondent
    Options
    I am having a similar problem with my nicker elastic digging into me!! (sorry if TMI BTW!) It only happens when I have been walking a lot in hot weather, but I think in general when skin is a bit sweaty everything tends to chafe more. I think I need those knickers that grannies wear, with the legs in!
  • djtonyb
    djtonyb Posts: 629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lanacane anti chafing gel really works on the knicker elastic front
    Fat and proud lol
  • EmptyPockets
    Options
    Try the Freya Active sports bra, you can get wired or non-wired but they are cotton based so they do not make you so sweaty.

Thank you for such a helpful post - I have three of the Freya Active sports bras, I practically live in them they are so much comfier (sp?) than any of my others.

• EmptyPockets
    Options
    I am having a similar problem with my nicker elastic digging into me!! (sorry if TMI BTW!) It only happens when I have been walking a lot in hot weather, but I think in general when skin is a bit sweaty everything tends to chafe more. I think I need those knickers that grannies wear, with the legs in!

Ditto! lol - I know I'm getting old now because when I look at the underwear I'm choosing these days, all geared towards comfort and added support... then I think back to the underwear I was choosing ten years ago when I was still a teenager :(

• blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2010 at 5:17PM
    Options

No, get yourself some short style knickers. I have Playtex Magic Feeling shorts and they are sooo comfy, they also sit lower on the leg so no VPL either. I've got about 40 pairs in the cupboard upstairs as I know I can not buy this style anymore. I just replace them when a pair gets a bit grubby looking, LOL. They are lovely though so change from knickers to shorts and you'll be fine as they do not have elastic 'bands' that knickers do. Have a look around and you'll see what I mean.

Also Gossard supersmooth briefs - they have no seams and no elastic bands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure